Wrestling Thread July 1-7 | 7/1 RAW - Finally... Payback PPV Prediction Contest Results!

And again, 75% of the live crowd wouldn't even know who Sting was.

They do the right city and just keep posting videos and talking him up they would. Do that **** in Chicago, Philly or NY and its gonna be nuts.

They could tease the Undertaker gong, cut the lights off and have Sting be there when they come back on :lol:. Just like DDP minus the weird stalker thing. If Vince really wanted to make money he'd book Sting vs..

Curtis Axel :pimp:

Again, why do you want to see HIM.................NOW.

Not trying to see him NOW in WWE. That time has LOOOOOOOOOOOONG passed.

That is just me. Forget all of that sentimental mumbo jumbo man.

That the ONLY reason people want to see him in the WWE is sentimental mumbo jumbo. He ain't coming to have run or put over new guys. Just a dream match

It ain't a dream match if he isn't in him prime or anywhere close to it though. :lol:

The dude is in his MID-50's; if him (now) vs. ANYONE is a dream match then I don't know what to tell you. :nerd:

Dude, people popped for Sid when he returned. I would say 20% of the live crowd wouldn't know who Sting is. Maybe. Even in TNA little kids do the Sting facepaint deal.

Dude, people popped for Sid when he returned. I would say 20% of the live crowd wouldn't know who Sting is. Maybe. Even in TNA little kids do the Sting facepaint deal.
Nobody will know who Sting is. They barely pop for HBK or Flair anymore lol

TNA has released the following wrestlers today:

Crimson

Joey Ryan

Christian York

Taelor Hendrix

Madison Rayne (contract expired, not renewed)

There are likely to be others as well as cost-cutting measures are taking place.

And fans are supposed to care about Gut Check?

If Sting shows up in Iowa no one would care. If Sting shows up at Wrestlemania or post Raw wrestlemania, he would get a crazy pop. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he told WWE he was maybe interested so, TNA can sign him to another one year deal. Dude is milking his career the right way, I can't even hate. 

TNA has released the following wrestlers today:

Crimson
Joey Ryan
Christian York
Taelor Hendrix
Madison Rayne (contract expired, not renewed)

There are likely to be others as well as cost-cutting measures are taking place.

And fans are supposed to care about Gut Check?

Don't follow TNA that much but aren't both Crimson and Joey Ryan being pushed hard the past year?

You, sir, are just a hater..You really think wrestling fans won't know who Sting is?..How is even possible to not know who Sting is, in this day and age when information is just a click away?..You just don't like him and don't want to see him in WWE, and that's fine..But whether you like it or not, the man is an Icon and is one of the best ever..

We really should have mentioned Kazuchika Okada when we brought up dropkicks earlier in the week.

The Sting is in his 50s reasoning doesn't matter. Flair at 59 faced HBK at WM 24 and the match went 20 minutes.

casekicks, Jesse never watched a lminute of WCW. He was watching Savio Vega & The Patriot get pushed instead. That 75% not knowing who he is comment proves it. Like Lobo said Sid got a big pop, as did Vader and so will RVD.

Vince right now is salivating at Crimson being available. He's WWE bound by the end of the summer.

Screen Capped for later use
Unless you use it on someone else I don't see the point :lol:

I just hate when people misuse the term, "Dream Match."

A dream match is when two people are IN (or around) their primes squaring off.

So yes, Hogan/Rock was not a dream MATCH, it might have been a nice spectacle. But some could argue we are discussing semantics.

But I don't think STING is that important today honestly. I just don't. And I am not 4W, so I don't hate Atlanta Based Wrestling LOL.

- It has been noted before how many staff members won’t be sticking around with WWE when the new Performance Center opens up. Steve Keirn is one of those names who likely won’t be kept around. The changes at WWE developmental have become very important to Triple H and it’s been described as his big project. It’s said that Triple H wants “his team” running things.

- According to ProWrestling.net, sources with TNA have said the company was, and still may be several weeks behind on paying some of its workers. The report indicates that a "prominent former TNA champion" is saying they were, at one point, six weeks behind on payroll. 

This news comes after the release of Madison Rayne, and our recent report that things are not currently stable in TNA's developmental territory, OVW. 

- Rob Van Dam has been scheduled for seven appearances following his scheduled return to the ring at WWE Money in the Bank later this month. 

WWE Raw (7/15)
WWE Smackdown (7/16)
WWE Raw (7/22)
WWE Raw taping (7/23)
WWE Smackdown taping (7/24)
WWE Smackdown taping (7/25)

TNA is broadcast on TV and they can't make payroll?

Sounds like bad business to me. Can someone shed some light on this?

Skip to 5:30.  Undeniable proof that wrestling is real.

220px-Jerichomeetngreet.jpg

- It has been noted before how many staff members won’t be sticking around with WWE when the new Performance Center opens up. Steve Keirn is one of those names who likely won’t be kept around. The changes at WWE developmental have become very important to Triple H and it’s been described as his big project. It’s said that Triple H wants “his team” running things.

View media item 480022

The Sting is in his 50s reasoning doesn't matter. Flair at 59 faced HBK at WM 24 and the match went 20 minutes.

casekicks, Jesse never watched a lminute of WCW. He was watching Savio Vega & The Patriot get pushed instead. That 75% not knowing who he is comment proves it. Like Lobo said Sid got a big pop, as did Vader and so will RVD.

Vince right now is salivating at Crimson being available. He's WWE bound by the end of the summer.
Flair was a long time WWE performer.  Flair is also 10x the legend that Sting is, 100x the wrestler Sting is, and 1000x the mic worker Sting is.

Sting is equivalent to Lex Luger.  Pretty big name.  Never a big draw outside of a few short runs.

Back
Top Bottom