Wrestling Thread July 13-26: 7/24 Hulk Hogan FIRED from WWE for Reported Racist Tirade

Are you excited for Brock Lesnar vs The Undertaker at SummerSlam?

• Yes

Votes: 22 40.7%
  • No

Votes: 32 59.3%

• Total voters
I think we might see 'em for the go home show. With the amount of time they spent on it this past Monday, don't see a bigger angle they'll have going into it.

The way Cena pretty much just made Seth look like a complete ***** this Monday was disheartening, I hope they buildup Seth in a fighting way for this feud, his 'cowardly' act was great for a while, but they need to make him at least look like he has a chance against Cena.

The distention between Seth and HHH will start during this feud and prob. climax at SS. I also hope Cena drops the US Title in a few weeks so they can push another title match for the card instead of just title vs. title, highly doubtful but I don't feel it needs to be title vs. title.

I need Seth to start getting cocky and winning clean and in devastating fashion to build him up for his match with Honnor. Let him get too full of himself and Honnor tries to humble him.

yo . ..  this ***** was kinda nice 
laugh.gif

- It’s said that there is still a significant disconnect between Vince McMahon and the WWE producers as they are the ones getting blamed for guys like Big Show, Sheamus, Kane and even Randy Orton not getting over as they should or as they are expected to. One source close to the situation noted that the producers feel fans are tired of seeing the same characters, especially the ones that are seen as “past their prime.”

- USA Network is reportedly very disappointed with the ratings for this new season of Tough Enough and there are already rumblings that the show won’t be brought back unless there’s a big turnaround. Apparently WWE is planning on doing a new season even if USA doesn’t renew as production costs are low and they can air it on the WWE Network.

- There are issues for WWE Total Divas also. There was talk that people at the E! network feel the show is running its course and the current season, season 4, could be the last but some were hoping for a 5th season.

DA will not air ROH for the next 2 weeks.

Some talk of Sting's SSlam involment could be made clear tonight.

Steven Amell to apqear on Raw August 10 to run an angle with Stardust.

Was watching the sheik documentary.not too bad.of course I was shaking my head when they started talkin bout hogan.what a dumb ***.

Didn't mean to confuse you Kanye

@JohnnyRedStorm  I asked you before to stay off of my InstaGrams

Tama Tonga telling some good stories

MLW Radio: Talk'n Shop #56: Growing up with Haku

Last edited:
Listened to JR's latest podcast (post BG breakdown) yesterday.

He made some interesting points but damn homie loves wrestling. Has such a passion for it, the knowledge dude dropped was crazy. But he made a point on heels shouldn't be doing face moves or moves for a "pop". How nobody really understands that concept nowadays and there are no real heels. Also referred to keyfabe and how some dude (forgot the name) was a legit heel, work up a heel and went to sleep a heel. Didn't pose for picture and didn't play for the heel crowd either.

I partially blame the Indies style for the unneeded face spots. Keyfabe was killed by social media and people too soft. A heel do a heel like gesture in public, somebody going to be upset and looking for a payout.

- It’s said that there is still a significant disconnect between Vince McMahon and the WWE producers as they are the ones getting blamed for guys like Big Show, Sheamus, Kane and even Randy Orton not getting over as they should or as they are expected to. One source close to the situation noted that the producers feel fans are tired of seeing the same characters, especially the ones that are seen as “past their prime.”

- USA Network is reportedly very disappointed with the ratings for this new season of Tough Enough and there are already rumblings that the show won’t be brought back unless there’s a big turnaround. Apparently WWE is planning on doing a new season even if USA doesn’t renew as production costs are low and they can air it on the WWE Network.

- There are issues for WWE Total Divas also. There was talk that people at the E! network feel the show is running its course and the current season, season 4, could be the last but some were hoping for a 5th season.
These is perhaps the best news we could get about the E right now.

Last edited:
Listened to JR's latest podcast (post BG breakdown) yesterday.

He made some interesting points but damn homie loves wrestling. Has such a passion for it, the knowledge dude dropped was crazy. But he made a point on heels shouldn't be doing face moves or moves for a "pop". How nobody really understands that concept nowadays and there are no real heels. Also referred to keyfabe and how some dude (forgot the name) was a legit heel, work up a heel and went to sleep a heel. Didn't pose for picture and didn't play for the heel crowd either.

I partially blame the Indies style for the unneeded face spots. Keyfabe was killed by social media and people too soft. A heel do a heel like gesture in public, somebody going to be upset and looking for a payout.
These is perhaps the best news we could get about the E right now.

Kayfabe died the day Scott Hall debuted in WCW..After that you started to have "insider" hotlines and dirt sheet mags making it to newsstands..

@mALiZ

Good points man. Moveset is KEY when it comes to whether or not someone is truly a heel. You can't perform athletic moves and expect folks to dislike you. What is disrespectful about doing a moonsault or a phoenix splash?

Not sure if I blame the INDIES because the indies simply copied what was going on in Japan in the 90s as well as WCW. The indies since the mid 2000s have been all about, "Having a good match."

Disco Inferno said it best, the kids wrestling today grew up watching great wrestlers (HBK, Bret, Malenko, Guerrero, All Japan Heavyweights, New Japan Jrs, WCW Cruiserweights) while the previous generation grew up watching CHARACTERS. Which is why there is such an emphasis on having a good match no matter what your affiliation (heel/face) is.

I suggest everyone goes back and listens to that podcast. It was very good.

TRR - Ep75 - Battleground Breakdown with John Pollack

http://www.PodcastOne.com/pg/jsp/program/episode.jsp?programID=619&pid=524209#.VbZNd3JnMwI.twitter via @PodcastOne

Back
Top Bottom