Wrestling Thread July 13-26: 7/24 Hulk Hogan FIRED from WWE for Reported Racist Tirade

Are you excited for Brock Lesnar vs The Undertaker at SummerSlam?

• Yes

Votes: 22 40.7%
  • No

Votes: 32 59.3%

• Total voters
Kayfabe died the day Scott Hall debuted in WCW..After that you started to have "insider" hotlines and dirt sheet mags making it to newsstands..
Insider Hotlines have been around since the early 90s Case. It didn't start with Scott Hall. The internet killed the way we viewed things wrestling related as well

-Hulk Hogan is back at it again, digging an even deeper hole for himself in the fallout from Friday’s revelation that he is a self-admitted racist.

Hogan has been retweeting supportive messages from his fans telling him that they know Hogan’s flippant use of the N-word does not represent the man he truly is.

On Sunday night, Hogan retweeted the following message to his 1.35 million followers:

Bi-racial President Obama uses N word, is applauded and keeps his job. @HulkHogan uses N word, is vilified and loses his job.
9:19 PM - 26 Jul 2015

Hogan is already getting a lot of negative media backlash for his endorsement of the tweet, which takes President Obama’s use of the word completely out of context. During an appearance on Marc Maron’s WTF podcast last month, the President used the N-word to communicate that racism is still alive and well in America.

“Racism, we are not cured of it. And it’s not just a matter of it not being polite to say n*gger in public,” Obama said.

“That’s not the measure of whether racism still exists or not. It’s not just a matter of overt discrimination. Societies don’t, overnight, completely erase everything that happened 200 to 300 years prior.”

Apparently Hogan does not see the difference between President Obama’s use of the word and his own statements admitting to be a racist and complaining that his daughter might be sleeping with an African American rapper instead of a rich, 8-foot-tall athlete, which he would have found more acceptable.

WWE 2k16 has included....THE TERMINATOR as a playable character. :x I honestly thought 2k was gonna make this game better... :smh:

WWE 2k16 has included....THE TERMINATOR as a playable character.
sick.gif
I honestly thought 2k was gonna make this game better...
mean.gif
THAT doesn't mean the game will be better or worse. These days, it is all about getting those pre-orders in line. This will help with that for people 30+.

Insider Hotlines have been around since the early 90s Case. It didn't start with Scott Hall. The internet killed the way we viewed things wrestling related as well

Yeah they have..But I'm talking about insider hotlines where they used wrestlers real names..Amd the minute Razor Ramon became Scott Hall everything changed..After that you had "worked shoot" promos which led to kayfabe being less and less important..Plus having the internet really take off made kayfabe damn near impossible to keep going..

THAT doesn't mean the game will be better or worse. These days, it is all about getting those pre-orders in line. This will help with that for people 30+.

2k with the theatrics man. This is a damn wrestling game. Not no mortal kombat. When have I ever seen the terminator in the squared circle. Thought this was about realism. :smh:

2k with the theatrics man. This is a damn wrestling game. Not no mortal kombat. When have I ever seen the terminator in the squared circle. Thought this was about realism.
mean.gif
I agree but theatrics are part of the machine that sells. Nobody is going to buy the game because it is simply a good technical wrestling game. Theatrics need to be used to sell records

I agree but theatrics are part of the machine that sells. Nobody is going to buy the game because it is simply a good technical wrestling game. Theatrics need to be used to sell records

Maybe they can convince me to buy NBA 2k16 if john cena is included as a playable myplayer :smh:

Also is dude on the left Goldberg?
View media item 1646958

Last edited:
I need a Smackdown 2 or Smackdown HCTP with updated roster and graphics. Keep the older button scheme.

The season mode on Smackdown 2 was clutch.

Interested in WWE2k16 but the last WWE game I had left a bad taste in my mouth.

I need a Smackdown 2 or Smackdown HCTP with updated roster and graphics. Keep the older button scheme.

Season mode in SD2 was :pimp: I remember playing as shovel and rock. Game was the last wrestling game that was fun. Still GOAT is still no mercy. Wish 2k recruited AKI

Season mode in SD2 was :pimp: I remember playing as shovel and rock. Game was the last wrestling game that was fun. Still GOAT is still no mercy. Wish 2k recruited AKI
Bruh that season mode went on forevere

I also like smackdown vs raw 2006 story mode

They don't have to recruit AKI, they can just make an AKI friendly game.

Too bad 2k is more worried about dolling up your wrestler and filling up the roster count with non wrestling characters. Maybe we can get the predator and michael Myers in the game as well. That'll sell records. :smh:

This sounds soo damn simple

Why cant they make it this easy.

I was so disappointed with 2k15

Back
Top Bottom