Wrestling Thread July 13-26: 7/24 Hulk Hogan FIRED from WWE for Reported Racist Tirade

Are you excited for Brock Lesnar vs The Undertaker at SummerSlam?

• Yes

Votes: 22 40.7%
  • No

Votes: 32 59.3%

• Total voters
yea but wasnt it well known by everyone in the business that his dad was Rocky Johnson.

pretty much why he turned to wrestling after football.

that story doesnt seem legit to me.

No he was cut from the cfl and then went to wrestling. He had every intention of playing football till he couldn't make a team anymore so he went to wrestling.

Last edited:
No he was cut from the cfl and then went to wrestling. He had every intention of playing football till he couldn't make a team anymore so he went to wrestling.
thats what i said.

i meant he turned to wrestling because he knew about the life from his dad.

after football (was over).

Doesn't Ahmed Johnson have a reputation for being a bit of an embellisher?

Similar to most retired pro wrestlers

Last edited:
Isn't his name Rocky Maivia based on his father and grandfathers names?

Yeah a name given to him by Jim Ross that he never wanted at all. WWE talks about him being part of "the great Samoan dynasty" instead of the being black.

But why would they call him black when his mom's side of the family has a very deep history in the business?..And why would they make a big deal about his dad when he was a slightly above average wrestler?..I mean I can see your point about them downplaying his black roots, but the Samoan roots run much deeper in the industry..

was expecting this from cm punk...
cm handled it surprisingly well

Last edited:
But why would they call him black when his mom's side of the family has a very deep history in the business?..And why would they make a big deal about his dad when he was a slightly above average wrestler?..I mean I can see your point about them downplaying his black roots, but the Samoan roots run much deeper in the industry..

I was just pointing out that it's possible and likely that the rock could/did deny his black roots back then.

Last edited:
Welp

Targeted: Ahmed Johnson Ahmed Johnson was a stiff hard hitter during the New Generation era, and he was also the first black Intercontinental Champion in history. And apparently, some racist scumbag in the locker room wanted him to know it; Ahmed said in an interview that he had “Congratulations N*gger!” keyed into the side of his car, and he had a toy monkey with a noose around its neck planted in his locker area. Ahmed says a witness told him it was Steve Austin who keyed the car. And although no one can corroborate that, Austin doesn’t have the rosiest racial history himself. His ex-wife Debra, whom Austin beat several times, claimed that Austin wanted her to change the TV channel whenever there were black people on.
Unknown Member(s) of the WWE New Generation Locker Room - 12 WWE Wrestlers Who Said Horrifically Racist Things | Complex http://www.complex.com/sports/2015/...+07+2015&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

Not shocked, Austin wore a jacket with the confederate flag to the ring a few times.

Andre the giant was also a racist
http://camelclutchblog.com/10-andre-the-giant-stories/

Last edited:
artie starting at 0:40 seconds....goes in on austin for what's been discussed in this thread
guess this is from 2007

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom