Wrestling Thread June 2-15 | 6/12 WWE Releases 10 Talents, JTG Still Employed

who the hell thought it was a good idea for seth rollins to join evolution???

roman reigns is the only stand out future star in that group

dean ambrose look like a 40 year old pedophile that live in his moms basement with the worst comb over ever

seth rollins look like evolutions private gay hair dresser

Camacho was getting good b :frown: Camacho joining Bullet Club to team with his brother :nerd:
Yea I said the same thing over at DVDVR.

Somebody over there said Machine Gun Anderson wants Ginger Mahal in New Japan as well.

I can see Evan Bourne going back to ROH.

Peep, did you like Trent Baretta? Watching some old FCW and I enjoy his work man

Barretta had a LOT of good matches. I didn't see much of him from FCW, but he was a highlight on Superstars around that time.

1. RE: Baretta - I remember a while ago he was on Colt Cabana's podcast and he was talking about when he got hired and fired by WWE and how young he was at the time. He just had a promo talking about how he was 21 on this episode of FCW I am watching and this was from 08. I liked his stuff

2. Funny matchup here. Joe Hennings/Sabastian Slater vs. TJ Wilson/DH Smith

So Health Slater went from
Heath Miller
Sebastian Slater
Heath Slater

I still respect his talent

Just wanted to bump this up for those who missed... DC, what did you think of the match?...

sakuraba vs nakamura

Best 7 minute match you'll ever watch...

iOFBz5cQ4ENQk_original.gif

20130105 ナカムラー:

Fellas, what do you think of this list?

I’ve been thinking about this recently as 2014 means we’re halfway through the decade. Here are my five best WWE matches in that time in order they happened.

Streak vs. Career match. The Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels, WrestleMania XXVI.

I liked how The Undertaker injured his leg very early in the match which Michaels worked on and Undertaker sold brilliantly the whole match. The finishing sequence was great with both hitting and surviving finishers and Michaels was the first wrestler to counter Hell’s Gate. We also had the best Tombstone Piledriver Undertaker’s used in all his years, a jumping one to end the match and Michaels career. Memorable post match seeing the respect between the two as Undertaker helps Shawn up, shakes hands with him and hug. The Undertaker’s never done that under this gimmick until this match and Michaels walk back up the aisle.

WWE Championship. John Cena [emoji]169[/emoji] vs. CM Punk, Money in the Bank 2011.

CM Punk vs. John Cena was excellent from beginning to end. The opening feeling out process and the respective targeting on body parts with Cena on Punk’s torso/Punk on Cena’s neck. The counters of each other’s main moves such as an attempted Go 2 Sleep, Cena catches the leg putting Punk in the STF which Punk then went on to counter into an Anaconda Vice and the near falls with Punk kicking out of two Attitude Adjustments. The perfect finish as Cena had Punk in the STF in the middle of the ring, Vince McMahon told the timekeeper to ring the bell which he didn’t so he sent John Laurnatius out to do it but was stopped by Cena who nailed him with a punch. Cena went back into the ring and walked into the match ending Go 2 Sleep. All this played before a hot crowd.

End of an Era, Hell in a Cell match with Shawn Michaels as the Special Guest Referee. The Undertaker vs. Triple H, WrestleMania XXVIII.

I know this will be the most divisive match on my list. This match concluded the story starting with Shawn Michaels at WrestleMania XXV-XXVI, Triple H at WrestleMania XXVII and the build to this one. I enjoyed Triple H trying to manipulate Shawn into ending the match, Undertaker choking Michaels out with Hell’s Gate when he was about to, Shawn Michaels retaliating with Sweet Chin Music leading into the follow up Pedigree AKA the DX special which ‘Taker survived, Undertaker sitting up causing Triple H to fall down in shock. Near the end Triple H realized like Shawn Michaels at WrestleMania XXVI that both were going down calling for ‘Taker to finish them off which he duly did with the Tombstone Piledriver.

WWE Championship. John Cena [emoji]169[/emoji] vs. Daniel Bryan, SummerSlam 2013.

I woke up to watch this show live (1am-4am), it was worth it for the whole show and I’ve always thought this was the best match from it. A terrific wrestling match with Bryan escaping the STF turning it so smoothly into the Yes Lock and the callback to the match built as the wrestler (Bryan) vs. the entertainer (Cena) as Bryan told how in Japan you would slap one another to fire each other up but he couldn’t do it to Cena for that reason. Late in the match Cena slapped Bryan which Bryan after brief hesitation went on to do and they had an exchange of them which Bryan won. This match featured the debut of Bryan’s running knee, he ******* nailed Cena with it giving Bryan a clean as a sheet win and the WWE Championship. What a way to debut a finish, putting down John Cena.

Bray Wyatt/Luke Harper/Erick Rowan vs. Dean Ambrose/Seth Rollins/Roman Reigns, Elimination Chamber 2014.

The fans even chanted “This is awesome” before it started and it was. All of it but especially the closing ten minutes as Ambrose is taken out in the crowd by Wyatt and Wyatt orders Harper/Rowan to put Rollins through a table. I thought the match was over before it ended with Reigns alone after getting rushed by Rowan in the corner, a big boot by Harper only for Reigns to power out of Sister Abigail. Reigns makes a great comeback decking Rowan and Wyatt with Superman punches. Reigns was waiting to hit Wyatt with a Spear but Harper takes a Spear for the team which allows Wyatt to nail Reigns with a running back elbow and following it up with the match winning Sister Abigail.

Five honourable mentions by date I’ll put in spoiler tags for size as I’ve already done a lot of talking:

Smackdown Money in the Bank Ladder match, Daniel Bryan vs. Sheamus vs. Kane vs. Wade Barrett vs. Cody Rhodes vs. Heath Slater vs. Justin Gabriel vs. Sin Cara, Money in the Bank 2011.

Extreme Rules match. John Cena vs. Brock Lesnar, Extreme Rules 2012.

World Heavyweight Championship, 2 out of 3 Falls match. Sheamus [emoji]169[/emoji] vs. Daniel Bryan, Extreme Rules 2012.

Daniel Bryan vs. Antonio Cesaro, RAW, 22nd July 2013.

No Disqualification match. Brock Lesnar vs. CM Punk, SummerSlam 2013.

Last edited:
Just wanted to bump this up for those who missed... DC, what did you think of the match?...
Total Nonstop Action. Watched it while I ate my oatmeal. On point man. Thank you.

That damn girl screaming was funny/annoying.

Some vicious spots man

Made my boss who hates wrestling but loves mma watch it today... He loved it... Nakamura was legit knocked out by that knee too...

Give me a couple good, recent (last 2-3) NJPW matches DC.. Wanna watch something tonight, but don't know what...

Also, gimme links, don't embed.. Easier for me lol...

And your welcome... Damn, when I said that in my head, it was in Sandow's voice lol...

Barretta had a LOT of good matches. I didn't see much of him from FCW, but he was a highlight on Superstars around that time.

He's been great in PWG since he went there... He's only like 26 too...

Thanks for that info, been wondering where he was after his TNA mini stint, and since I haven't kept up with PWG much recently. I knew he was pretty young, cause I remember him and Caylen Crofy almost being 10 years apart and teaming together.

Last edited:

He's been great in PWG since he went there... He's only like 26 too...

Thanks for that info, been wondering where he was after his TNA mini stint, and since I haven't kept up with PWG much recently. I knew he was pretty young, cause I remember him and Caylen Crofy almost being 10 years apart and teaming together.

Teaming with Chuck Taylor as the Best Friends...

Check out the PWG Club.. You'll find something there that will show you the path... And the YouTube app on 360 works pretty Damn well...
1. :smokin :smokin :smokin

2. Yea the YouTube APP is used by me more than I watch TV. Cable is cheating me out of my money. I seriously only watch NBA and WWE..

Back
Top Bottom