Wrestling Thread May 21-27 | 5/27 WWE Superstar® Brock Lesnar Appears at UFC 146, Meets w/ Dana

Originally Posted by MrMundayNite

WWE's top 25 "talkers" of all time:

- WWE has ranked the top 25 all-time "Masters of the Mic" on their website. Here's the full listing:

25. Captain Lou Albano
24. Rick Rude
23. Santino Marella
22. Ted DiBiase Sr.
21. The Miz
20. Jesse Ventura
19. Triple H
18. Paul Heyman
17. Edge
16. Vince McMahon
15. Billy Graham
14. Mick Foley
13. Hulk Hogan
12. CM Punk
11. Randy Savage
10. JBL
9. Bobby Heenan
8. Dusty Rhodes
7. John Cena
6. Jake Roberts
5. Chris Jericho
4. Ric Flair
3. The Rock
2. Roddy Piper
1. Steve Austin

Thoughts?

My personal top 5:
5. HBK
4. JBL
3. Stone Cold
2. Ric Flair
1. The Rock

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

And how is Ted Dibiase not in the top 10 or even 5?

got around to watching most of of SD. It was pretty good. Ryback squashing those 2 jobbers
roll.gif
Sandow's cartwheel
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

- WWE has ranked the top 25 all-time "Masters of the Mic" on their website. Here's the full listing:

25. Captain Lou Albano
24. Rick Rude
23. Santino Marella
22. Ted DiBiase Sr.
21. The Miz
20. Jesse Ventura
19. Triple H
18. Paul Heyman
17. Edge
16. Vince McMahon
15. Billy Graham
14. Mick Foley
13. Hulk Hogan
12. CM Punk
11. Randy Savage
10. JBL
9. Bobby Heenan
8. Dusty Rhodes
7. John Cena
6. Jake Roberts
5. Chris Jericho
4. Ric Flair
3. The Rock
2. Roddy Piper
1. Steve Austin

1. The Rock
2. Vince

3. Steve Austin

4. Ric Flair

5. Scott Hall 
pimp.gif
 (How many people came to see wcw? How many people came too see NWO?
roll.gif
)

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

Dont see how you could complain about Edge being in the top 25. He made us believe Matt Hardy wasnt a straight loser.

Considering that Matt Hardy was and still is a straight loser it wasn't that hard to make us believe more than we already knew...

Where is Eddie, or Big Bossman, or LOD, Owen, or Road Dog Jesse James???

Report: The Rock Reveals Return To WWE

The Rock, who is scheduled to be a part of Wrestlemania 29, has revealed when he is scheduled to return to the WWE. It appears that early 2013 will be when The Rock will return to the company to hype up Wrestlemania in April.

Johnson tweeted, "They asked I come back start of 2013. Have three films to shoot so trying to make it work. Miss that electricity though man."

This pretty much kills the rumors of The Rock working a match at Summerslam this year in Los Angeles.

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Just starting Impact now. �The opening segment was awesome. �Here's a condensed version of it. �I'm sure you can find the full episode on Youtube somewhere.
wow this dude bubba ray is in the best shape of his career. 

25. Captain Lou Albano
24. Rick Rude
23. Santino Marella
22. Ted DiBiase Sr.
21. The Miz
20. Jesse Ventura
19. Triple H
18. Paul Heyman
17. Edge
16. Vince McMahon
15. Billy Graham
14. Mick Foley
13. Hulk Hogan
12. CM Punk
11. Randy Savage
10. JBL
9. Bobby Heenan
8. Dusty Rhodes
7. John Cena
6. Jake Roberts
5. Chris Jericho
4. Ric Flair
3. The Rock
2. Roddy Piper
1. Steve Austin

Thoughts?

First and foremost, the order is all types of screwed up. secondly, i'm going to comment on the ones I have in bold.

The Miz is overrated on the micYes dude has passion and shown some charisma on the mic, but  all he has is a catchphrase that the crowd likes to sing along with. Maybe they should try him as a face again and then I can better judge him. Dudes just been stale the last couple of years. Last good thing he did was come out dressed as The Rock.

Triple H is an all time great and one of my personal favorites, but his talking is all that. He's had his funny moments, but his comedy isn't all that, he just tries to "break kayfabe" from time to time and he knows he can get away with it because he has no one that will check him. When he's "The Game" he's pretty good though, cept for his 2002 comeback and his Randy Orton feud for Mania 25.

Edge has a ton of charisma, but he became very redundant overtime. Granted, he was being fed some stupid strorylines especially over the last 2-3 years of his career (him marrying vicki was pointless), but I still think some people below him were better on the mic such as Ventura, DiBiase, and even

JBL is not all that. His heal run back in the mid to late 2000s was funny, but I don't think that qualifies him for top 10 material, not over hogan's epic promos from the 80s, Macho Man's promos, or DiBiase. Him being Shawn Michaels' employer was classic though.

John Cena is the worst. His stuff with Rocky heading in to Mania was the best we've seen in awhile, but doesn't make him a great talker. He stole Punk's old references to try to get over and has had no success. Dude is the definition of a lame. Him being ranked is total fluke and everyone knows it. Just goes to show how biased and unjust that list is.

Btw Undertaker's mic skills are Extremely underrated. During the attitude era he could match and put down austin and rocks promos. Undertaker is way better on the mic than Cena that's for sure.
* Mick Foley also should be higher on that list.  

It's pretty insane how there are such great "characters" in TNA right now and they are all former WWE stars for the most part. Bubba Ray is jacked and great on the mic, Jeff Hardy looks insane, and Kurt has the personality - why can't they just bring these guys into the WWE and make it good again - Vince...buy out Hogan

I would have Cena either very low on the list, or an honorable mention solely for his 2002/03 promos. All that was gold.

Challenge accepted GHIMS.

Just saw the Angle/Styles match from Sacrifice, was one of the best matches of the year for me. I liked it more than Punk/Bryan.

Originally Posted by solidsnake

Just saw the Angle/Styles match from Sacrifice, was one of the best matches of the year for me. I liked it more than Punk/Bryan.

EDIT - saw the match, it was technically good, but the announcers and crowd we soooo bad that it made the match feel unimportant. 

Back
Top Bottom