Wrestling Thread Nov 30-Dec 6 | 12/4 Former WWE Star Eddie "Umaga" Fatu Passes Away (pg 3)

Last week's Raw was the biggest breath of fresh air we've had in the WWE in what seems like years. We had the breakthrough tournament and battle royalamongst wrestlers who had never been world champions. Sheamus went on to win and eventually put John Cena through a table to close the show after signingtheir contract for a tables match at TLC. Jesse Ventura was an amazing GM. He may not have been around wrestling for 10-15 years, but you would never knowit. He was 100x better on the mic than Cole and Lawler. He worked the crowd. And he turned heel at the end of the show helping to put Sheamus over. IfVentura was open to returning in a part time role in the WWE, he would be a perfect mouthpiece to get young guys over. So often guys can't get overbecause they don't have the mic skills. Ventura would be the perfect person to do it for them. Imagine a heel stable led by Ventura. It would be gold.

In other big news from last week, Kofi's meteoric push continued. More importantly, it is amazing to see how willingly Randy Orton works to get Kofi over. It's a real shame that other "more established stars" can't take a few notes from Orton. Orton is working to get Kofi over, and it is notdoing one bit of harm to Orton's character. Would it have hurt Cena to put The Miz over earlier this year? Not one bit. Would it have hurt DX tolegitimately put over Rhodes and Dibiase? Not at all. (Yes, Rhodes and Dibiase won a few matches, but in the end, DX treated them as a joke.) And would TheUndertaker would have lost his spot as a first ballot hall of famer if he put over CM Punk? I don't think so. I'm very excited to continue to watchthe elevation of Kofi and where the feud with Orton goes.

Maryse returned as well last week in a bizarre segment where she dressed up as the Gobbley ****er but couldn't get her costume off. It would have beenpainful to watch if Maryse wasn't involved. Damn I missed her.

I talked earlier about Ventura on the mic. Early in the show he embarrassed and talked down to Vinny Mac which was great and made Vince return to the one jobthat Vince's father knew he couldn't screw up, being an announcer. Jesse and Vince reunited to announce the Breakthrough Battle Royal to end the showand were great. It was like they didn't miss a step. I always liked Vince's way of calling a match. He makes it sound like he has legit enthusiasumand uncertainty about matches, something you defintely can't say about Michael Cole. I would like to see this combination work together on specialoccasions in the future.

By this time, you may have noticed I haven't talked about tonight's show. That's because Verne 'Mini Me' Troyer is hosting. The onlything that has been announced is a 'Mini People's Court' segment between Hornswoggle and DX. The WWE has supposed hired at least 10 mini wrestlersfor tonight's segment. It's also been reported that that segment is being taped before the show. Look, we know it's going to be terrible. Solet's just hope that it doesn't overshadow the rest of the show. With the past two Raw's being so great (remember two weeks ago was the MSG show),I'm going to hold out hope that the WWE can keep the momentum going. Of course, it is Patriots/Saints tonight, so my attention could be easily distracted.

eyes.gif

The Undertaker vs. Batista match at the TLC pay-per-view will be a "chair match" for the World Hvt. Championship, according to the WWE website. To read the official preview, visit WWE.com.

Smackdown Spoilers
Spoiler [+]
1. R-Truth defeated C.M. Punk by DQ after Luke (a/k/a Festus) interfered.

2. Kane pinned Mike Knox.

3. Mickie James beat Beth Phoenix and Natalya in a Triple Threat match to become No. 1 contender for the WWE Women's Championship.

4. Drew McIntyre beat John Morrison in a non-title match.

5. The Hart Dynasty beat Eric Escobar in a handicap match.

6. WWE Unified Tag Champions Chris Jericho and Big Show defeated Cryme Tyme.

In the final segment, Undertaker called out Batista, who attacked the World Hvt. Champion to close the taping.

ECW Spoilers
Spoiler [+]
1. Goldust beat William Regal.

2. Trent Barrera and Caylon Croft beat a pair of local wrestlers.

3. Christian and Shelton Benjamin defeated Ezeliel Jackson and Vladimir Kozlov.

My team is playing tonight...I'll switch over during commercials.

Well...DX is on right now so maybe I'll watch some commercials.

So we had 15+ minutes of DX to start the show, and we still have Mini People's Court? Ugh.

I can't believe they're giving away Kofi vs Orton for free tonight with no build-up.

Moe-lina > Melina

Maryse would get it every second of everyday. massive massive tricking

Sheamus "the negro slayer"

he literally eliminated all the African American superstars in last weeks battle royal
laugh.gif

WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA

did Santino just say 'lame a s s"??

THE PG-13 ERA HAS BEGUN!

Back
Top Bottom