WTF is this...cops shoot man 13 times

Thursday, Jun. 09, 2011
Details emerge from Manteca officer-involved shooting fatality
By Rosalio Ahumada
[email protected]

MANTECA -- Police released more details Thursday about a confrontation involving an officer who shot to death a 34-year-old man reportedly carrying a weapon during a traffic stop the night before about two blocks north of East Yosemite Avenue.

Manteca police have not said what type of weapon the suspect was carrying.

Ernest Manuel Duenez Jr. was the man shot by police Wednesday night in the 200 block of Flores Avenue, according to officer Jason Hensley, a Manteca police spokesman. Duenez was taken by ambulance to Doctors Hospital of Manteca, where he was pronounced dead.

Hensley said the Manteca police officer involved in the shooting was not injured and has been with the department for 10 years. The department has not released his name.

The shooting occurred about 6:45 p.m. after the officer made the traffic stop. Hensley said Duenez was a passenger in the vehicle that was pulled over.

The vehicle was pulled over because the officer had knowledge that Duenez, a wanted parolee, was inside the vehicle and considered armed and dangerous.

Hensley said Duenez got out of the vehicle armed with a weapon and approached the officer. He said the officer, fearing for his life, responded with deadly force.

He said Duenez had prior convictions for burglary, statutory rape, possession of controlled substances, felony evading arrest, vehicle theft, possession of a stolen vehicle, assault with a deadly weapon and participating in a criminal street gang.

The department is investigating the shooting and will be submitting the case to the San Joaquin County district attorney's office for review to determine whether the shooting was justified.

This is the third officer-involved shooting in the Modesto area this year.

Read more here: http://www.modbee.com/2011/06/09/1725574_details-emerge-from-manteca-officer.html#storylink=cpy

Dude was a convicted felon and a wanted parolee, considered armed and dangerous. Can't blame the officer for his actions.

ok yeah, 13 shots may be OD

but he had the right to shoot him, it looked like he was reaching for something

In before everyone looks passed that and starts calling these guys pigs and not being justified

Last edited:
ok yeah, 13 shots may be OD
but he had the right to shoot him, it looked like he was reaching for something

agree 100%

but damn to shoot dude 13 times and then hover over him and watch him die??? :smh: guess they knew they were going to kill him once he didnt cooperate

agree 100%
but damn to shoot dude 13 times and then hover over him and watch him die??? :smh: guess they knew they were going to kill him once he didnt cooperate

His adrenaline was pumping man...put yourself in the cops position, he knew he was a dangerous man approaching him and knew he could well be armed...

Like i said, put yourself in his position, your mind is racing, heart rate up, you aren't going to shoot just once, you're going to make sure hes down and wont be able to harm you...yes one may say their suppose to be trained for these type of scenarios, but your mind will take over...you cant take second chances

Sorry but the cops was totally justified. 13 shots was too many but if didn't know what dude to reached into that truck for I wouldn't have left it to chance either.

He was acting a little funny and def. reaching for something in the back, he looked jittery and adrenaline from both sides must have been pumping. Like the other poster said, warrants and considered armed and dangerous, justified? Probably, but 13 shots is excessive.

What I cant believe is that they would REALLY handcuff dude after getting shot that many times. Cmon son.
mean.gif

Too many movies and too many video games and you young kids have absolutely no frame of reference for the value of human life. Sitting behind your computer screens deciding which murders are just or unjust like this is some fiction movie to be critiqued. Try to realize when a persons loved one is killed your narrow minded, shallow and unsympathetic opinions are of little relevance.

What I cant believe is that they would REALLY handcuff dude after getting shot that many times. Cmon son.
mean.gif
Too many movies and too many video games and you young kids have absolutely no frame of reference for the value of human life. Sitting behind your computer screens deciding which murders are just or unjust like this is some fiction movie to be critiqued. Try to realize when a persons loved one is killed your narrow minded, shallow and unsympathetic opinions are of little relevance.
mean.gif
 +1 i salute that, this was straight up murder, like to see what the same people would comment if this was civilian v civilian, pretty sure it would go down as murder, shoot to disarm, not shoot to kill, 13 squeezes, just count to thirteen quick out loud, talk about cowards, 1 in the leg would of been sufficient to diffuse the situation, now someone lost their daddy, a badge does not make it something other than what it was, murder. what if that was you or your father, brother, friend... b.s

13 times is OD. If they popped him once or twice, and he died I would understand. For the record anybody with a violent felony they're gonna consider armed and dangerous.

:smh:  +1 i salute that, this was straight up murder, like to see what the same people would comment if this was civilian v civilian, pretty sure it would go down as murder, shoot to disarm, not shoot to kill, 13 squeezes, just count to thirteen quick out loud, talk about cowards, 1 in the leg would of been sufficient to diffuse the situation, now someone lost their daddy, a badge does not make it something other than what it was, murder. what if that was you or your father, brother, friend... b.s

1 in da leg :rofl:

You can't be serious word to the "shoot out the tires" people

theres a video (that i dont wanna post due to the nsfw rules) and the cop pulls over some older war veteran and the old guy gets outta the car and approaches the cop and the cop just yells to stop multiple times while pointing a gun at him but not shooting and he keeps on telling him to backup, then the crazy guy walks to his truck pulls out a rifle or shotgun and unloads on the cop

did ya'll hear the cop say his name like 3 times before he shot?  Im sure he ran the license plate but that was weird

Cop was a punk.  You can hear it in his voice.  13 times. 
mean.gif

And they still cuffed him and said "are we bringing him in" come on fam

Last edited:
The walmart incident? Fine it was up for debate without tangible evidence.

To question if this was justified? C'mon son

The guy should have listened to the cop.

The cop's life was in danger since the guy wouldn't stop.

I would understand four or five shots, but fifteen?

In the first minute of watching this a few things a VERY obvious:

1) dude has to be a convicted felon on either parole or probation (cop new him by his first name, and judging by how the cop was acting towards him he must have been considered armed and dangerous)

2) he refused to put his hands up, and looked like he was grabbing for something

Lets face it guys, if dude was a convicted felon then he's a piece of **** cockroach... The cop probably has a family to go back to and if I was in his position I would have done the same (if my two assumptions are correct). 

1 in da leg
roll.gif

You can't be serious word to the "shoot out the tires" people
If your implying one or two shots to the leg or knee wouldnt have put an end to the threat with out un due death, then id like to see you continue being an aggressive threat after taking them shots, i didnt see him with a firearm or them to retrieve one after man down, killing with out reason and with out consequences. donut 
did ya'll hear the cop say his name like 3 times before he shot?  Im sure he ran the license plate but that was weird

Cop was a punk.  You can hear it in his voice.  13 times. 
mean.gif

And they still cuffed him and said "are we bringing him in" come on fam
salute 
happy.gif

Also when a cop draws his weapon he should only do so when grievous bodily harm or death is eminent. Which means when you draw your gun expect to kill. This guy must've been a very dangerous gang banger for sure judging by the cop reaction... 13 shots is overkill, but you gotta factor in adrenaline, and the fear for your own life. Most of us would have done the same...

Back
Top Bottom