Wyclef Jean - The Carnival 2: Memoirs of an Immigrant.

It looks like there wasn't really any kind of official thread made for this joint judging by the search results; maybe y'all have just had this albumfor months and I missed one earlier.
laugh.gif

Now I've never checked up on Wyclef like this, but a writer friend of mine turned me on to the album and I always trust her musical opinions.

The album overall is just beautiful to my ears. My top three songs after just one listen would be "Slow Down", "Heaven's in New York",and "Riot" (Serj Tankian
eek.gif
).

Thoughts? Oh, and any other Wyclef recommendations?

I'm loving it

My 3 favourites:
-"King and Queen" with Shakira
not really feelin what Wyclef does too muchbut that Shakira hook is money

-"Fast Car" with Paul Simon
just a great guitar driven sing-along song, and the lyrics touch on various people to fit the whole car idea together

-"Welcome to the East" the thing is you gotta get the original non-album that has Uncle Murda and Mavado in addition to Sizzla,
I don't like how or know why they were left off but they help the whole vibe of the song and the album version seems underwhelming since I heard the otherone first...
this is my ishhh "its too hot on the floor"...

also bumpin "Hollywood to Bollywood" with Chamillionaire...loving the bhangra and Cham's part on the chorus is catchy
won't lie, I play that "Selena" joint too haha

I need to spend more time on the Norah Jones joint, the Mary joint, and "Heaven In New York" but I do like em...prolly will love emmore in time

Picked it up last week and I love it as much as the orignal Carnival.
-when let me push your button switches over to "The Carnival"...it's a wrap.

I can't wait until Clef and M.I.A. get together on a project or two. That would be official.

bump this outta nowhere
laugh.gif

i haven't really listened to the entire cd but that joint w/ T.I. is
pimp.gif

clef killing it with the guitar at the end too.

I reccommend Wyclef's first Carnival and you MOST DEFINATELY have to check out The Fugees - The Score. Definition of CLASSIC.

I only heard the new one once . . . It sounded good tho

"Welcome To The East" is fire, I wanted the Uncle Murder version tho . . .

The remix to the single is on the bonus disc . . .

Love this album. Probably the most heavily roatated now a days besides Lupe, Scar and Ghost, pretty good names. Slow down is a wicked track. I like how prettymuch all the songs have a good meanin. And how the aélbum trys to open our eyes on where we are at.

Back
Top Bottom