XIII's: any problems?

What's up NT,

I'm looking at an auction for some Playoff XIII's, and the auction is stating that these would crack and separate if worn. To my knowledge, theXIII's were built solid and didn't have the cracking problem that shoes like the III's and IV's have. I'm just wondering what people'sexperiences have been like with XIII's, and whether or not you think they would be wearable. I know my Altitude's are holding up great. Thanks inadvance fam.

Originally Posted by eeBS7eez

What's up NT,o my knowledge, the XIII's were built solid and didn't have the cracking problem that shoes like the III's and IV's have. I'm just wondering what people's experiences

IIRC, OG XIIIs don't tend to crack.

they won't crack. my only gripe with them is how easy the toe boxes crease (OG and retro)

yeah, i know the toebox goes fast, but they come out while you're wearing them at least.

i love my XIII. although they crease fast on the toes and the colorways with white pods become pink overtime..well atleast youll know its legit or somethinghahaha.

i love my blk/red 13s, i dont think they are known to crack. the mid sole is of a different material i think compared to that of the 3 or 4s

they wont crack , but the sole will seperate from the upper . but that can be repaired by someone good . that knows how to glue them back together and do itcleanly so it looks original . then youll be goog to go for another 10 years !!!

It helps that the XIII midsole is wrapped in suede. This reduces the amount of oxidation and drying. As dunwitjayz said, glue might be a concern but a shoetailor can fix that up.

Originally Posted by dunwitjayz

they wont crack , but the sole will seperate from the upper . but that can be repaired by someone good . that knows how to glue them back together and do it cleanly so it looks original . then youll be goog to go for another 10 years !!!
i was hoping that would be my only concern, but it won't be a problem since there's a few experienced shoemaker shops here, they'llfix it no problem i'm sure.

The XIII dont tend to crack but it can be easily repaired with some glue. If the price is right then go for it.

Back
Top Bottom