Xzibit Disses Frank Ocean on Twitter

Xzibit Disses Frank Ocean On Twitter
Posted by ChasinDatPaper on July 22, 2012 at 12:30pm
View Blog

While the overwhelming response to Frank Ocean coming out has been positive, with many artists saying they would like to work with the singer there are still some people who refuse to accept his lifestyle. You can count West Coast rapper Xzbit as one of those who won't be working with Frank anytime soon.

X to the Z is about to drop his new album Napalm. When asked by a fan if he planned on working with Frank, X replied "pause."

The use of the word "pause" is slang to negate the *****exual connotation of a comment.

Another one of the rapper's followers saw his reply and got angry.

Unfazed, the "Front 2 Back" MC said he wouldn't apologize for anything he says on his own timeline.

Do you think X was wrong? Or is he entitled to speak his mind?

http://www.paperchaserdotcom.com/profiles/blogs/xzibit-disses-frank-ocean-on-twitter

at least he isn't kissing *** like most these Uncle Toms in the Industry

Agreed. I think people confuse acceptance and co-signing....like Xzibit can accept Frank's coming out, but he doesn't have to co-sign it by congratulating him and working with him. Besides, it isn't like he took to Twitter and blasted Frank...he answered a question and some folks didn't like his answer. Big deal.

Trust if Frank Ocean wasn't the "it" dude right now, half these industry dudes riding his sack right now would be quiet as kept.

How is it Co-signing?

Dude came out .. his lifestyle doesn't concern **** about me ..

I hear Novacane and I don't think about him singing about a man ..

Homie makes dope music ..

And I'm pretty sure those same people who Co-signed him or whatever , been wanted to make music with him

He's the "IT" guy cuz the ***** is immensely talented as a writer .. not cuz of his sexual status

Xzibit can say whatever and he don't have to apologize or back down from his views ..

but that ***** opinion don't mean **** .. really none of these famous people

Last edited:
Agreed. I think people confuse acceptance and co-signing....like Xzibit can accept Frank's coming out, but he doesn't have to co-sign it by congratulating him and working with him.
Exactly.

People congratulating a man for formally announcing his sexual orientation. Who gives a damn who he loves, and who gives a damn if Xzibit co-signs it?

just more evidence in our society where we idolize a celebrity for any and everything they do, as if there needs to be any justification in the first place.

People make *****exuality into a big deal, when it's not that serious.

How is it Co-signing?
***** came out .. his life doesn't concern **** about me ..
I hear Novacane and I don't think about him singing about a man ..
Homie makes dope music ..
And I'm pretty sure those same people who Co-signed him or whatever , been wanted to make music with him
He's the "IT" guy cuz the ***** is immensely talented as a writer .. not cuz of his sexual status

I wasn't implying that he's popular because of his sexual status. My point is that if he came out back when he dropped Nostalgia, nobody would give a damn. And he made dope music back then too. But he's hot now (and rightfully so, because the music is good), so I feel that's why you see everyone all of a sudden so congratulatory.

A lot of the congrats aren't genuine, IMO. They're more about being PC than anything. That's all I was trying to say.

I wasn't implying that he's popular because of his sexual status. My point is that if he came out back when he dropped Nostalgia, nobody would give a damn. And he made dope music back then too. But he's hot now (and rightfully so, because the music is good), so I feel that's why you see everyone all of a sudden so congratulatory.
A lot of the congrats aren't genuine, IMO. They're more about being PC than anything. That's all I was trying to say.

But thats the Music Industry PERIOD.

It's built off ***-biting and brown nosing .. hoping you don't burn bridges

It seems to be an issue now cuz the person getting co-signed/congratulated is gay

But thats the Music Industry PERIOD.
It's built off ***-biting and brown nosing .. hoping you don't burn bridges
It seems to be an issue now cuz the person getting co-signed/congratulated is gay

So what's the problem then? Your initial post in this thread was going at dude for saying at least Xzibit isn't kissing ***. And you just acknowledged that the music industry is built off of brown nosing, aka kissing ***.

Not sure what the issue is.

So what's the problem then? Your initial post in this thread was going at dude for saying at least Xzibit isn't kissing ***. And you just acknowledged that the music industry is built off of brown nosing, aka kissing ***.
Not sure what the issue is.

My last sentence is the issue .. Along with you being an uncle Tom if you co-sign him

And I didn't go at Xzibit ..

I just said who gives a **** about him and his opinion?

Looks like this dude's career and beliefs are stuck in the past.

At least he's consistent... 
tired.gif

indifferent.gif

Soo pepole have to kiss Frank Oceans *** now because he's popular and likes penis? **** that speak your mind
Im tired of dudes going with some **** they dont believe in just because its the pc thing to do let X do him if he dont rock with the mo's so what and i dont get how pause is a diss anyway

But this is what they want they want young black men to be soft assimilating or out right *****exuals and dudes playin right into it

Soo pepole have to kiss Frank Oceans *** now because he's popular and likes penis? **** that speak your mind
Im tired of dudes going with some **** they dont believe in just because its the pc thing to do let X do him if he dont rock with the mo's so what and i dont get how pause is a diss anyway
But this is what they want they want young black men to be soft assimilating or out right *****exuals and dudes playin right into it

Preach.

Too bad everybody's busy trying to be politically correct to comprehend whats going on.

Hiphop, or whatever you wanna call this thing nowadays, is soooooo soft.
laugh.gif

The man said "pause". One word.
laugh.gif
I've never heard anyone say "pause" and it wasn't in jest. Must've been one stern "pause".
laugh.gif

This thread is unbelievable. The internet brings out the soldier in fans now.

BTW:

Back
Top Bottom