Yankees Eliminated from the Playoffs Appreciation Post

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Yeah, cheering for the Yankees is a hard thing to do.

I chose not to cheer for them, its like rooting for Bill Gates to win the lotto.

200M payroll team making the playoffs is not an "accomplishment", if you don't win the WS season is a complete failure.

that is a given. The Yankees mission statement is WS win or bust.

Originally Posted by airblaster503

One dude at my work took the month off to watch the Yankees playoff run
roll.gif
Dude is going to be pissed
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

roll.gif

YANKEES losing last night was priceless!!! and nobody thought detroit could beat them in game 5 in NY.... almost a 200M $ payroll and they get beat by a team with half that.. smh

and A-ROD making 32 mil a year has 2 hits in 5 games... HAHAHA, they need to cut some of that pay he's getting

Let's face it if the Yanks don't get matched up with the Twins in the postseason they don't really do much anymore
laugh.gif

Playoffs are always a crapshoot....thankfully though although you can buy your way into the postseason once you get there it's then completely up for grabs
pimp.gif

Well hey at least this only means they are going to go out and drop another $400 million on mega free agents this summer and more power to em, it's the system that's still in place with this joke of a (regular season) sport.

Originally Posted by RyGuy45

Let's face it if the Yanks don't get matched up with the Twins in the postseason they don't really do much anymore
laugh.gif

Playoffs are always a crapshoot....thankfully though although you can buy your way into the postseason once you get there it's then completely up for grabs
pimp.gif

Well hey at least this only means they are going to go out and drop another $400 million on mega free agents this summer and more power to em, it's the system that's still in place with this joke of a (regular season) sport.

laugh.gif
 and how's that $181 million hometown discount working out for you guys?

I'll leave Mez and the Mets alone
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by John Sterling

All of complaining about payrolls should head down and occupy Wall Street, damn hippies.

I read this to myself in John Sterling's voice "You know Susyn....."
laugh.gif

I expected better. 
indifferent.gif

why do people hate the yankees? seriously.... i dont get it.. just because they have a very winning franchise? quit hating.

worry about your own garbage *%@ teams

Originally Posted by NobleKane

why do people hate the yankees? seriously.... i dont get it.. just because they have a very winning franchise? quit hating.

Why do people hate the Lakers,Heat or other successful teams? Same idea.

Not to sound like I defend it because my team is a big payroll team but I'd be more upset at the organization as a whole that allows it to happen. It'd take an earth moving situation for them to even consider attempting to even out the field financially. Add to that you have guys like say Billy Beane who refuses to spend money on FA's and focuses on a formula that worked when no one else was considering it. Or Minnesota who would rather work on developing role players in the minors and sculpting their prospect pitchers into contact pitchers rather than have then evolve a better version of the pitcher they were. Just to use those two as an example. I could use examples for almost every team.

It's a broken sytem that the Yankees, Red Sox, Cubs, Mets (moreso a few years ago) and Phillies exploit and always will do so.

Originally Posted by Rolaholic

how are the heat succesful?
nerd.gif
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Proshares

laugh.gif

pimp.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

We gon be coming for that *** iin 2015, our pitching is gonna be scary. Niese/Harvey/Mejia/Gee/Wheeler, w/ Familia as our power reliever>>>> your life 
Along w/ Ike/Duda/Murphy, if we trade Wright by 2012 Trade Dealine(which, we probably will). Mets will be that team on the rise in 2014, w/ a lot of homegrown talent on the team and in the minors.

Originally Posted by CosmicCanon

laugh.gif

pimp.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

We gon be coming for that *** iin 2015, our pitching is gonna be scary. Niese/Harvey/Mejia/Gee/Wheeler, w/ Familia as our power reliever>>>> your life 
Along w/ Ike/Duda/Murphy, if we trade Wright by 2012 Trade Dealine(which, we probably will). Mets will be that team on the rise in 2014, w/ a lot of homegrown talent on the team and in the minors.
so 3 more years of you complaining about the Yankees huh?

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

how are the heat successful?
nerd.gif
ohwell.gif

I'm sayin'

Originally Posted by dmxfury

To be fair I dislike all large market/payroll teams.
a lotta people are like this, they hate the yankees, knicks, manchester united etc.. its jealousy. yankees  = bawse. and always will be in baseball.

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

how are the heat succesful?
nerd.gif
ohwell.gif

You get the point 
grin.gif

It has nothing to do with jealousy, I dislike all large payroll teams regardless of success. Like Pro said, the system is broken (IMO) and able to be exploited by certain markets. I don't blame teams for doing it, I just don't cheer for them

Not sure where the Knicks relate but whatever

laugh.gif

pimp.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
That's completely irrelevant. We all know the Yankees history and the amount of banners they have, but that success doesn't make other points any less valid.

I wasn't saying his argument wasn't valid. I basically agreed with all that in another post on this page. I just wanted to take a shot at Mauer and the contract
laugh.gif
nothing else.

Back
Top Bottom