===(YEAR of the DRAGON 2012)==(ILLustRAYt's LUNAR COLLECTION)===

Sup NT,

To commemorate the LUNAR NEW YEAR (DRAGON), I thought it'd be fitting to take pics of my NIKE LUNAR collection. These are all the Lunars I wear stictly for casual wear and that I maintain/take care of. About a dozen aren't pictured because I've run in them and are too
sick.gif
 for nice pics
embarassed.gif
laugh.gif

The one that started it all was the LunarTrainer back in Late 2008, which were purchased strictly for running. Once I took the first couple of strides in them, I knew something special was in the making. Ever since then, I've trained and run three races (2 Full Marathons and 1 Half), and Lunars were my primary shoes for those events and preparation. 

After all that training and running, I wanted to breakaway from the Retros, Jordans and most Basketball sneakers because I was tired of the quality, price and comfort issues. So I unloaded most of them, and refreshed my interest towards Nike+ Running shoes because they're basically all I wear and pretty much everything I want in sneakers nowadays; good quality, affordable prices, COMFORT and, not to they mention, they look ILLY! Now, I'm pretty much a Lunar (+Free) fiend
laugh.gif
!

Without further ado... My LUNAR COLLECTION...

GENERATION I: LunarTrainer

Lunar Generation I: LunarTrainer by ILLustRAYt, on Flickr

Generation I: LunarTrainer by ILLustRAYt, on Flickr

GENERATION II: LunarGlide 1

Generation II: LunarGlide 1 by ILLustRAYt, on Flickr

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/illustrayt/6750961819/]
6750961819_55762e54c2_z.jpg
[/url]
Generation II: LunarGlide 1 by ILLustRAYt, on Flickr

GENERATION III: LunarElite, LunarSwift, LunarGlide 3* and LunarEclipse

Generation III by ILLustRAYt, on Flickr

Generation III by ILLustRAYt, on Flickr

iD: LunarGlide 3 - EMGee, LunarJam and Grinch

iD by ILLustRAYt, on Flickr

iD by ILLustRAYt, on Flickr

MY TOP 5 (GRs):  
1. LunarTrainer - Red/Volt
2. LunarEclipse - Stealth/Volt
3. LunarGlide 1 - Electric Green
4. LunarSwift - Black/Volt
5 LunarGlide 1 - Anthracite/Total Orange
6750963383_5f0c6b0600_z.jpg
[/url]
Lunar Collection 2012 - Top 5 by ILLustRAYt, on Flickr

Top 5 by ILLustRAYt, on Flickr

ALLaDem

ALLaDem by ILLustRAYt, on Flickr

ALLaDem by ILLustRAYt, on Flickr

THANKS FOR VIEWING!

-edit-
typos.

Lunar Collection 2012 - Running Rotation I by ILLustRAYt, on Flickr

Great Stuff !

That's a type of collection that you don't see everyday.

Always great looking forward to your creative customization works !

ray
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif
 you've lost your damn mind! but @ least you've stayed ahead of the curve, didn't fall for trends, and didn't spend a whole lot of money on BS like yours truly!

Good stuff Ray,
I'd love to get a pair of those red trainers and those lunar grinches are
smokin.gif

Thanks for the all kind words, FAM! I'll probably update this thread with my Frees in the next Month or so when the FR3s drop...

Fred:
laugh.gif
! I'll be honest, I've fallen victim too
embarassed.gif

Great stuff Ray. Always enjoy seeing your pics and have been looking forward to seeing your whole lunar collection.

What about your worn dozen? Could we just get a heap pic?

And on another note, I just realized what you did with the lunar and free threads in their titles. Love how clever that is with the free sipes and the lunar creases!

^I appreciate that, man! I just added a shot of my current running rotation, which is about less than half of the Lunars I actually run in. The rest are at my other place (a couple of beat LGs, two Flys, an Elite, a LR, a LT and a Swift). I'll snap a shot when I get the chance...

Oh and... you saw what I did there! Good eye! 
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom