Yellow spots on DMP JORDAN XI?

I keep my jordan dmp xi in a ziplock bag and I take it out every once in a while to look at it, and this time when i pulled it out i noticed some yellow spots!! I quickly took a bleach pen and tried to fix it as much as i could. I dont get it, I store all my kicks this way and this is the only one that has had this happen.....and to be the dmp of all kicks....@#$@#!
Anyone else had a prob with this? Took a pic of after bleach pen-ing. Looks alot better, but still slightly yellow = (
I also noticed the top of my lace loops and a part of the laces were starting to yellow. What gives!?
Also anyone know where I can get some replacement white XI laces? Fully laced is out.

Oh no my XI's are yellowing!  For where it is on the shoe, it's not that serious man, relax. Go get some bar keeper's friend and hit the maintainence post. FYI, don't keep them in a ziplock bag, it's useless. Just leave them in a box in the back of your closet away from any heat. Simple.

Originally Posted by 940sicc3

i always thought it was from the gold keychain thing
that is what its from... also, bleach pen might make yellowing worse on that mesh so be careful.

Originally Posted by Resist

i took a pee on them when u were asleep

roll.gif
pimp.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Are zip locks know to be bad or is it a preference from people because you see a bunch with zip locks but i hear people say it yellows the soles

Yellowing normally occurs due to the gold keychain or the golden letters that were put on some of the DMP xi's.

Originally Posted by kidstylez

I keep my jordan dmp xi in a ziplock bag and I take it out every once in a while to look at it, and this time when i pulled it out i noticed some yellow spots!! I quickly took a bleach pen and tried to fix it as much as i could. I dont get it, I store all my kicks this way and this is the only one that has had this happen.....and to be the dmp of all kicks....@#$@#!

Sad.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

IMO depending on your climate plastic bags actually speed up the yellowing process and cause the yellow spots. I think this is because the bags trap excess moisture and condensation that would usually be absorbed  by the cardboard.

Back
Top Bottom