Yemen declares war on Israel

things are heating up in the middle east as Yemen declares war on Israel who are committing war crimes in the middle east.

I'm curious if the US will make a move
I didn't know Yemen got it like that, but best of luck to them

"Yemen has now announced a total blockade of Israeli-bound ships no matter what their nationality. This will only be lifted if the same companies that own the ships start shipping aid to Gaza."

They prevented a ship from entering the Red Sea today and fired drones at a French warship.

They’ve effectively closed the Red Sea.
I saw nowhere in the story that they prevented the ship, but even if so we shall see

Crazy to me that in the US when slavery is mentioned the response is really eye rolls and mentions of "that was then"

However, when it comes to Israel the past is allowed to shape their policy

looks like its getting more intense

Still don’t understand why there is no intervention to stop the genocide in Palestine

looks like its getting more intense

Still don’t understand why there is no intervention to stop the genocide in Palestine

Do you mean a political or a military intervention? The ICJ just issued an interim order to hopefully block Israel's genocide, but they'd have to actually comply in the first place and there are clear ways they could circumvent it to some degree. From a rational anti-genocide view, complying with the order's provisions would be impossible without a ceasefire. Less rational minds may come to a different conclusion.

Israel is a longtime ally of the US and a lot of other countries. They have an incredible intelligence agency that provides crucial intelligence to Western allies.
The harsh reality is that Palestine's allies are either smaller countries the rest of the world ignores, openly hostile countries like Iran, or terrorist organizations.
The Palestinians used to have significantly more support in the Arab world but that has been long decaying. Saudi Arabia used to support them but now they're buddying up to Israel for a relations normalization agreement even as we speak, despite the Saudi population being very very strongly against it.

Back
Top Bottom