yet another vacation thread (yes i checked out the sticky for sneaker spots)

sup NT, im from NY and on vacation right now until the 18th.

I've only been to this area once and that was when I was around 13 yrs old for vaca. And now that 22 and on vacation with my girl, were free to roam Norcalhowever we please.

I'm spending half of my vaca in San Jose (Milpitas to be exact) and the other half in Sacramento and gona be going to San Francisco during those stays.
Does anybody have any recommendations for restaurants, things to do, etc.

I know nothing about this area so:
Any good spots? Aside from the sneaker boutiques etc that I saw in the other post in this forum, are there some other high end spots and/or high end outlets(Burberry outlet)?
Any good restaurants? Being from NY, I'm pretty much used to the Italian foods etc,
-I want something this part of the US is known for..
i.e Authentic Mexican food (hopefully similar to type that I had in Acapulco last year - soft tortillas, carne steak/chicken, and pico de gallo)
Filipino food? - Last time I went, Max was ridiculously good even better than the Max I had when I went to the Philippines
Other Asian food? even though there is a good representation in NY already... Korean BBQ? or are there also Korean Tacos or is that just in LA?
West Coast only fastfood? Gotta go to In And Out again and yes In and Out > Jack in the Box
Fisherman's Wharf Seafood? <3 Lobster and gotta have the clam chowder in the bread bowl again

Any good nightlife?
What is better nightlife in San Jose or Sacramento - so I can plan accordingly which cousin in which area I should ask to kick it with at night

Tourist stuff?
-Golden Gate and Fisherman's Wharf and the winding road thing were the only places I've been to last time
-I'd like to see the views California has to offer - like Mountains and Coasts and etc that NY doesn't have?
-Is there a beach here or is that only in Socal?

Thanks for your help NT

WOW!! This is gonna be a hard one for one person to answer so here's what I can tell you...

Burberry: downtown san francisco, union square area. Or you can check out the Vacaville (on interstate 80 going towards Sacramento) premium outlet. They have aBurberry outlet there. And there's also the Folsom premium outlet or gilroy premium outlet. Check out premiumoutlets.com for more info.

There is a wide wide variety to eat here in norcal, doesn't matter what it is, we got it. I'll let other NTers give that out since I'm typing frommy phone.
Beaches..Ocean Beach in San Francisco. Baker beach, which I forgot what city it's in..

Sorry I didn't have much info, but it's about 6 in the morning here and I'm getting ready for bed. Haha..this is all I came up with off the top ofmy head. Enjoy your vacation!

There's a lot of high end stores at Santana Row in San Jose.
There's an In N Out at McCarthy Ranch in Milpitas.

Man, there's a lot to do in the Bay but I'll try and give you a condensed answer. For food, I'd do a search for the Bay Area food thread,there's a lot of good places listed there. As far as Filipino food, my favorites are Sinugba (Daly City), Tribu (San Bruno), Gerry's Grill is cool(Union City and not sure if the Daly City one is open yet) and if you wanna get real down and dirty on a budget, Superstars in SF has breakfast plates forcheap (like $3). For Asian fusion, I'd try Slanted Door. For seafood, I really like PPQ in SF (cheaper and bigger portions that Than Long and Crustaceans).Fisherman's Wharf/Pier 39 is a tourist area, so food can be a bit expensive. But Joe's Crab Shack isn't bad and Houston's Steak House is reallygood. As far as nightlife, I'd stick to San Francisco and San Jose, depending on what type of music you like. I'm not really familiar with Sacramento,but there's pretty much something for everyone in SF. And as for high end outlets, Vacaville outlets (on the way to Sacramento) has a Gucci, Burberry andCoach outlet.

Back
Top Bottom