yo is this food place charging me on their own for tip?!?

Gas stations do that too. But, the legalities of some of these service fees are questionable. I know for a fact stores can't charge a surcharge for using acard and they also cannot impose a mimimum purchase if they accept Visa or Mastercard. Its against their terms of service.

Originally Posted by iantheshark

isn't the card fee only on purchases less than $4?

it varies from business to business

bank to bank, moreso, is where the charges can or cannot come from... if a store charges some kind of surcharge they have to tell you up front, was there asign or anything?

Originally Posted by TheTruthHurts74

It may be one of those places that doesn't let you charge purchases less than $10.

I've heard of some small bizzes that do that since the credit card vendor payments can really eat the profits made on small purchases.

I've never heard of a biz doing that w/out asking tho.
TRUE, but any place that does that HAS to have it posted. 7-11, local chinese spots, w/e usually at least 5 or 10 buck minimum to charge. thats notright at all if they did that and you had no clue.

Happened to me at the olive garden. My bill came out to 50.52. I paid with a card left him an 8 dollar tip. Look at my statement days later it say 60.52. Iknow its only 2 dollars. But if he does this at every table, he can be going home with over 200 in tips. I called and they sent me a 27 dollar gift card. Iguess 25 was the gift card to go back and the 2 dollars was for what he stole from me. I went back to see if I see him, but I think he got fired.

Back
Top Bottom