Yo NT...How well is DLP's compared to LCDs and Plasmas?

^
thanks
happy.gif

its weird how they are bigger but yet they weigh less..

and BD5...u wanna give a lil more input?

LCD > Plasma> DLP
IMO
I just bought myself a Sony KDL40XBR5, should be in my bedroom within a week, i'll get some pictures for everyone to check out and give sort of a review.
DLP would just be wasting your money. Everything will eventually be obsolete due to OLED. I prefer LCD's over Plasma's for many reasons,and i do thinkthey are overall better anyways.

Originally Posted by bbanks707

LCD > Plasma> DLP
IMO
I just bought myself a Sony KDL40XBR5, should be in my bedroom within a week, i'll get some pictures for everyone to check out and give sort of a review.
DLP would just be wasting your money. Everything will eventually be obsolete due to OLED. I prefer LCD's over Plasma's for many reasons,and i do think they are overall better anyways.

damn...Plasmas are better than DLP?
I recently owned a plasma and they are
sick.gif
lol...died on me in 8 months.

I'll put it this way

image on plasma , LCD = physically on there and created there

image on DLP = projected on there

plasma screen just looks better than the majority of LCDs out there... panasonic 85u
pimp.gif
.. pioneer 6010
pimp.gif
eek.gif

LCDs 120hz is that piff as well...samsung 6/7 series
smh.gif
pimp.gif
sick.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif
sickkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

DLP looks alot more filtered...kinda grey almost...not as sleek in terms of design for the frame...bulky, outdated...phasing out.

no depth in picture = rip off.

Lose a few inches in size [NH!!!!!] and pay a little more for a much better TV son, trust me

damn...Plasmas are better than DLP?
Not necessarily better, but i would prefer a Plasma over DLP. Im not exactly sold on the DLP thing, nor the hype of plasma, i feel morecomfortable with LCD.
Lcd is quickly gaining on anything plasma sets have to offer, you have to be a serious television freak to see a difference between the two most high end sets.OLED is going to blow everything out of the water as soon as they are available in larger sizes, only available to consumers in 11" i believe for about$2,500. Sony is killing it.

And dont ever let someone say just go with a 720p set because you wont notice the difference between 720p and 1080i/p all they are trying to do is sell offthat old 720 trash and get their money back. Its a useless argument, and there is no reason to not get a 1080p set.

DLP is where its at, they're big but pic quality is top shelf. so says the cablevison guy who did my set up

Originally Posted by CRANK DAT NIKETALK

Originally Posted by imINchucks5

hmm

how does a 46in Samsung HD DLP sound? $550 plus 3 years of best buy warranty?

thing gotta be at least 1.5 years old
indifferent.gif

manufacured in 05..my friend owned for 8 months

hmm

how does a 46in Samsung HD DLP sound? $550 plus 3 years of best buy warranty?

its stupid to go that big and not have 1080p.
I don't recommend it

Originally Posted by ThrowbacksInSF

Is it this one by any chance:
413QVNHAP4L._SS500_.jpg

If it is, I would take it.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Seriously is it that one? Thats one of the 1st DLP sets Samsung ever released and it has the same specs you listed, manufactured in 05. My ex had thatin her house and I remember the picture quality being *very* nice. But of course that was a long time ago, before 1080p and 120hz.

yeah thats it..

hmm..if this tv is old...how would best buy serve us for the 3 years left on the warranty? especailly when they dont have em in stores anymore

its stupid to go that big and not have 1080p.
I don't recommend it
is the extra thousand really worth it for 1080p?

They would probably send someone out to fix it. That is a badass TV, 1080p or no 1080p. Picture quality looks like a movie theater, even on an upconverting DVDplayer. With Blu Ray, it should look sweet.

I was actually trying to find a place still selling that model not too long ago.

Back
Top Bottom