Yo realtalk, New York may be the worst city ever

Son really believes a ms-paint chart means it's fact. Lol

Why are you so salty on a place you've never been to?

Midwest the best city? well hot damn...lock this one up fellas. This man went full tard'

I have only trash talked the entire midwest this whole time except for a couple positives about Chicago (which still sucks). Where did I say the midwest was the best city? Best sports fandom means best city now? Learn to read before you reply.

Hopefully the rest of Cali knows how to read because you've just embarrassed your entire state. The only person who went "full 'tard" in this entire thread is you.

Who's getting salty? Because I used a powerpoint I am salty now? Okay.

Last edited:
It's funny how the whole state of NY is highlighted in that survey even though it's really only talking about NYC.

Us against the world.

Holla back.

St.Johns is pricey. Had some folks leave. If you're going there and forming off campus my friends mother rents out to sju

Off-topic, but how do people in NY view St.John's U?

I'm a senior there. St. John's is what you make of it. If you network and work hard, you'll be set by graduation. If you sit on your *** and expect things to be handed to you, then it's quiet. It has a good reputation when trying to get jobs in NYC. Wild expensive though. Party scene is mediocre, but it's NYC so you're not limited at all.

meh depends on what you're studying. if you're looking to do pharmacy, it's worth it. if you're looking to get an english degree, meh, you could find the same education at a CUNY.

Basically

St Johns is wild expensive

They give you a bunch of "scholarship " and it's still wild expensive. The scheme is real. Pace does the same ish

Good for Pharma like people mentioned. In terms of everything else, they are essentially the 4th best Univ after Columbia, NYU, and then Fordham.

Some other schools will pop up over others in certain programs, but as a whole.

I'm a senior there. St. John's is what you make of it. If you network and work hard, you'll be set by graduation. If you sit on your *** and expect things to be handed to you, then it's quiet. It has a good reputation when trying to get jobs in NYC. Wild expensive though. Party scene is mediocre, but it's NYC so you're not limited at all.

What is the party scene there now? "Mediocre" is too much of a compliment :lol:

Obviously, you have Manhattan not far away...but around campus, there is close to nothing. When I was there, there were 3 bars (Gantry's, Traditions, and Iguanas...not even gonna count Sly Fox - RIP). Other than that, a few house parties here and there...but the social scene sucked.

Obviously, you have Manhattan not far away...but around campus, there is close to nothing. When I was there, there were 3 bars (Gantry's, Traditions, and Iguanas...not even gonna count Sly Fox - RIP). Other than that, a few house parties here and there...but the social scene sucked.

Lmaooo what is a Gantry's my g? Never heard of it during my 4 years here. Everyone goes to Trads and Parsons. Cheap Shots very rarely, and Iguanas cards students, so I never went until cinco de mayo earlier this year :lol:

The Owner of Sly Fox is a close family friend of mine, RIP to it |I

Last edited:

Lmaooo what is a Gantry's my g? Never heard of it during my 4 years here. Everyone goes to Trads and Parsons. Cheap Shots very rarely, and Iguanas cards students, so I never went until cinco de mayo earlier this year :lol:

The Owner of Sly Fox is a close family friend of mine, RIP to it |I

:lol: Gantry's is now a cell phone store (I think). Directly across the street from Barnes & Noble on Union Tpke.

Traditions was like the wild, wild, west when I was there....more guns up in there than on set in a '99 ruff ryders video. Got stories for days :lol:

Only party scene we had when I was there was Trads (lol) and the occasional off campus house party (lol).

I applied for grad school there yesterday so I'll probably be back there.

Parsons got hot when I was graduating not sure how it is now.

Last edited:
:lol: Gantry's is now a cell phone store (I think). Directly across the street from Barnes & Noble on Union Tpke.

Traditions was like the wild, wild, west when I was there....more guns up in there than on set in a '99 ruff ryders video. Got stories for days :lol:

:lol: What year did you graduate?

Going towards the LIE, I'm guessing....

wouldn't be an Ale House going towards Hillside/Jamaica Ave. :lol:

:lol: Yeah, it's going towards Flushing (Kew Gardens Hils), where I grew up. Melbourne Ave/Kissena Blvd.

Tell me why every time I asked double JS for honey mustard they gave me spicy.

:lol: Double Js is up there with Cherry Valley IMO. But I only had Cherry Valley like once so.

The graduate admissions counselor at my school is an SJU alum. Went to talk to him about the places I was applying for grad school and dude threw SJU in there. :lol:

Don't know how he ended up in TX.

Last edited:
SJU is not worth it IMO and I honestly think people think it's a good school because it has D1 programs

Fordham is trash too better than SJU academically but mostly people from out of state eat it up :lol:

NYU, Columbia, and Baruch are the dopest schools in the city for me

That CUNY under $10,000 tuition life :smokin

Back
Top Bottom