You know what I hate about the MTA.

The delays for sick people. Not to offend or upset anyone but anytime I hear that there are any type of delays because of a sick passenger I get livid. Howhard is it to take them off the train and let the train move to the next station. I was stuck at Kew Gardens for 45 minutes yesterday waiting for the E trainhome. I know I'm being insensitive but I was mad
laugh.gif

/rant

word...happened to me on the 6 a month or so ago....its ridiculous but nothing beats delays because of track work...then you have like 20 MTA employees jus onthe track half of which ona break, the other half smoking Cigs
smh.gif
L train ftl

wait what? what do you mean by sick? like throwing up on the train or somethin?

Originally Posted by SylvesterMcGrizzly

word...happened to me on the 6 a month or so ago....its ridiculous but nothing beats delays because of track work...then you have like 20 MTA employees jus on the track half of which ona break, the other half smoking Cigs
smh.gif
L train ftl

The delays with the E train on the weekends are killing me now. They don't run between WTC and 34th and I'm at W4 all the time
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
they never say, it's always "Due to a sickpassenger at (w/e stop) E trains are delayed."

Originally Posted by Proshares

Originally Posted by SylvesterMcGrizzly

word...happened to me on the 6 a month or so ago....its ridiculous but nothing beats delays because of track work...then you have like 20 MTA employees jus on the track half of which ona break, the other half smoking Cigs
smh.gif
L train ftl

The delays with the E train on the weekends are killing me now. They don't run between WTC and 34th and I'm at W4 all the time
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
they never say, it's always "Due to a sick passenger at (w/e stop) E trains are delayed."

word that E train messed me up as well but the L back on its BS word to Busta...no trains between Lorimer and Myrtle on weekends from now until Novemeber andduring the weekdays late night til November....
smh.gif
its not many stops but to have to get off the train, hop on a packed shuttle bus, get off the bus, to getback on the train? u gotta be kidding...this is one of the reasons why i gotta get out of Canarsie...pain in the !%*

usually "sick" covers a wide array of ailments whether it be sick, heart attack, faint.....u name it

Oh man I hate shuttle buses. J train got that BS on weekends where it doesn't run between Cresent and Myrtle and you gotta take that #%#!.

I highly doubt they are all train delays due to sick passengers. I think it's an easy excuse that they can get away with.

I always wondered what that sick passenger thing was all about, happened to me a handful of times.

"Sick passenger" can mean anything but as someone suggested, it is a euphemism.

The "sick" passenger is basically anyone who is in need of immediate medical attention. Like if someone faints, or slips and falls.

Sometimes the delays become extensive because people panic and pull the emergency brake cord while the train is in the tunnel. Congratulations: EMTs can'treach the train in the tunnel! This is why you do it in a station so that the EMTs can actually get on-board the train.

I know a few who have worked or are working as conductors. They are taught not to be overly specific and explicit with details.

laugh.gif
Someone of the residents here are so brittle. I swear this lady turnedher ankle, and the entire train was delayed for this broad.

I mean it's like, if someone is sick, why do they have to hold up the whole train? Why can't they just cautiously move that passenger to the platformand keep it movin? Is it because they need an MTA employee to be with that person until the authorities can show up?

Originally Posted by r00m112

I mean it's like, if someone is sick, why do they have to hold up the whole train? Why can't they just cautiously move that passenger to the platform and keep it movin? Is it because they need an MTA employee to be with that person until the authorities can show up?

Yes. They have to be responsible for that person's safety.

If someone is feeling gravely ill, is abandoned by the train crew, and the person later dies...those MTA employees will be fired.

Originally Posted by briannnnn

I mean it's like, if someone is sick, why do they have to hold up the whole train? Why can't they just cautiously move that passenger to the platform and keep it movin? Is it because they need an MTA employee to be with that person until the authorities can show up?

If someone is feeling gravely ill, is abandoned by the train crew, and the person later dies...those MTA employees will be fired.
Aiight understood, but then that leads me to my next question, if someone is feeling gravely ill on a particular day, then why do they have tomake their way to the subway, why not just stay home? I understand people got places to be, but damn, if it is between life and death you might as well stayhome or take yourself to a hospital.

I mean if you're going into Manhattan, you don't need a car

Then again, you can get by in the other boros by taking the MTA.

However, lately these people have been annoying. Today, they were actually talking about going on strike in the near future because they want a contractraise.

indifferent.gif
smh.gif
mad.gif
+#%%# please.You got your $++* raised a few years ago and you're still complaining. Meanwhile, there are delays with the buses and $++* . Well @%%! all of you MTApeople. Bunch of crooks, man.

Yes I'm mad

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

However, lately these people have been annoying. Today, they were actually talking about going on strike in the near future because they want a contract raise.

indifferent.gif
smh.gif
mad.gif
+#%%# please. You got your $++* raised a few years ago and you're still complaining. Meanwhile, there are delays with the buses and $++* . Well @%%! all of you MTA people. Bunch of crooks, man.

Yes I'm mad
Oh man I remember that strike a few years back around December....My dads friend got some tickets to a Knicks gaame when they played theSpurs...so we figured we gotta leave early by car to get over the Queens borough bridge....We were literally on the same block for about an hour....Then we getthere in time and the Knicks lost by like 30 points and Timmy only played the first half
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
frown.gif

Originally Posted by jrp44

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

However, lately these people have been annoying. Today, they were actually talking about going on strike in the near future because they want a contract raise.

indifferent.gif
smh.gif
mad.gif
+#%%# please. You got your $++* raised a few years ago and you're still complaining. Meanwhile, there are delays with the buses and $++* . Well @%%! all of you MTA people. Bunch of crooks, man.

Yes I'm mad
Oh man I remember that strike a few years back around December....My dads friend got some tickets to a Knicks gaame when they played the Spurs...so we figured we gotta leave early by car to get over the Queens borough bridge....We were literally on the same block for about an hour....Then we get there in time and the Knicks lost by like 30 points and Timmy only played the first half
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
frown.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by briannnnn

Aiight understood, but then that leads me to my next question, if someone is feeling gravely ill on a particular day, then why do they have to make their way to the subway, why not just stay home? I understand people got places to be, but damn, if it is between life and death you might as well stay home or take yourself to a hospital.
Some riders have no common sense
roll.gif

I mean, even the MTA had to put out ads reminding people to stay off the train if they were feeling ill.
laugh.gif

That strike killed me man. Cold as ice outside that year too.

And they want another raise? !@+# outta here. I'm still getting used to paying an extra $.25 for my rides.

Back
Top Bottom