Your first Jordan... how it all started for you.

I will never forget my first pair..... Blk/Infrared 6's. I was a freshman in high school, so 1990-91, and got my first part time job to save money to get them....I had wanted some since back when the 1's were released. Never cared for the 2's and really started wanting some with the 3's.

Next pair was the white/Red/Yellow 7's, then the white/gray/red 8's.

I skipped the 9's and had the white/gray/blk 10's

the 11's ...... I had the concords and Columbia color ways

12's I had the elk/wht and elk/red

13's just the elk/red

The 13's were the last pair of Jordans I bought until the other day....the 4's. They brought me back.

I kick myself for not having held onto all the OG pairs..... damn.

First pair was OG white/cement 4s when I was 3 years old maybe, I’ve got no memory of them but I saw an old pic of me wearing them.

First pairs I remember wearing would be the white/red and black/red 12s. I don’t remember which came first but I know I managed to get both with stellar report cards (only way I got something as a kid lol). I had white/red laces for whites and black/red laces for the blacks. I wore both pairs into the ground..

I was a huge Jordan fan when I was a kid and all I wanted was to wear what he had on his feet, but my parents didn't make much money in those days. So I had to beg my mom for months to get my first pair of infrared 6s back in 91. I wore those things everywhere, but treated them like they were made of solid gold.

After that it was a pair of hand me down grape 5s from my cousin, hare 7s and the black/white 9s. I didn't get another pair until they brought back the infrareds in 2000.

First pair was the 2001 Columbia 11s. I was 14 years old and I bought them VNDS for like $70 from a friend since it was all a I could afford at the time. I cleaned them up and they looked great after-wore ‘em for a few years after that until they were completely beat to the ground.

My first pair was also the original white/cement 4s. I was 5. I felt like they were extra cool because my Uncle had the military blues. I remember loving them so much and being mad when the front plastic tabs broke.

Black/Cement 4's , Bought on May 5,1989 A Friday night. My birthday is on May 3rd. Used all of my birthday money to buy. still the best purchase I ever made till this day. Besides being my first Jordan , it was my first Name brand sneaker, except for some Samba Classics , but I dont really count those as branded because I hate Adidas. Everything before that was Kmart specials, although one year I did get a pair of the Kangaroos, that had a zipper pocket on them. lol But back to the IV's, i wore those until I wore a hole right through the bottom of the right shoe. And even then I had my dad take it to his work (He worked in a Rubber Factory, And not condoms lol, a true Rubber factory) He tried everything he could to fix the sole the best he could, but it wouldnt hold. Throwing those away was a very sad day. I eventually picked up the 3M tounge Fire Red V's and the rest is history, but the Black Red IV's will always be my first.

original steel grey 10s, i remember going into footaction (when they had the track going around the store) i was 10 years old smh good times

black/infrared 6s for me

my bday is in february...which lines up with when the black colorway of the year's jordan comes out because mike would debut them at the all-star game. parents got me the 6s when i was 9, bordeauxs when i was 10, and aquas when i was 11. big ol shout out to them for those presents....i'll remember em forever.

as a kid my first pair was the carmines... i wanted the black infrareds but my pops was like no they not on sale so got me the carmines instead... i got the aquas after that... those were my only 2 pairs of jordans growing up... but i bought my own pair which was the concord 11 retro in 2000...it was crazy because they came out the same day as the ps2 and i got the ps2 instead... that same day i went to the mall and they were sold out everywhere in my size... i went to my friends uncle store which is by my house and they didnt have my size but he said he can order it from the other store which was far from me... but they ended up getting the concords from the other store to deliver to the store by me... i was hyped and thankful my friends uncle got me the concords in my size...loved the OGs as a kid but couldnt afford them... been collecting since 2000

wasn't into jays as a youungin because I didnt have an income yet, then started selling candy and whatnot made a little bread. My cousin gifted my first two pairs, which were taxi 12's with the white part dyed silver, and bred 1's. I was breaking necks in high school with the raider joints. Breds were extremely comfortable to ball in in the gym, made me ditch my mid af1's which were damn near breaking my foot, because we had to practice like 4 hours a day. Got a legit job in like 10th grade, and picked up the Laney 5's and the Last shot 14'z

1997. Air Jordan XII blk/white aka all-star/playoff XII

I wanted the OG Air Pippen I. 160.00 in my household was too rich for my MotherMs blood. So I “settled” for the XII’s. I got so many looks and questions about them. It was crazy.

my first pair of J’s was the white/colombia IVs that was released late August of ‘99. I didnt get them not until maybe a few days before I started my Sophomore year in HS.

My mom & family never got me Jordans growing up for different reasons so I work a summer youth job & saved up so i can get my first pair. What I really wanted that year was the blk/cements IVs but it was pretty much gone by the summer end here in NYC so i settled with the colombias IVs. Took me awhile to like them since I wasnt a fan of white kicks at the time & I still have that pair somewhere at my relatives house.

I think it so cool to see that so many of us have one thing in common..... our parents weren't able to buy them for us....so we worked and saved up to buy our own. Now that we are adults, many of us use shoes as a way to recapture what we simply couldn't when we were younger.

Pretty great community we have here.

Now......back to my quest of finding a pair of Infrared 6's in a size 14......

OG infrared 6’s in third grade. Mom took me to the journey’s at Memorial City Mall and I wore them all the time, beat em to death.

Air-Jordan-8-OG-Playoffs-1993.jpg

First pair of jordan's i ever got was the Playoff 8s in June of 1993... i was 13 years old at the time just finished school to head into summer brake (NYC)...

I had to beg my mom over and over again to buy them for me... since i watched jordan wear them in the finals.

My moms sneaker budget for me at the time was always $30 and no more than that, with the exception of a few like the Diamond Turf, Nike Air Trainer Huarache & Nike Air Raids.

Back
Top Bottom