Your Opinion , Best " Leader " .... Any Sport .. Alltime .......

don't think it gets better than Ray Lewis

052311-news-sports-ray-lewis.jpg

honorable mentions

brian-dawkins-denver-broncos.jpg

as much as i hate to acknowledge it

jordami01.jpg

know i gotta put the captain in there
pimp.gif

derek-jeter-new-york-yankees-fist-pump-autographed-photograph-3390951.jpg

over / under on Tebow in here is 9
laugh.gif

Kevin Garnet, Isaiah Rider, Allen Iverson, Ryan Leaf, Albert Belle, Rasheed Wallace, Gilbert Arenas

If Ray Lewis yelled at me, I'm pretty sure I would do anything he said.

Why yes, Ray Lewis, I will be the wheelman while you rob this bank.

you cannot be in the huddle with this man and not go play your heart out.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

If Ray Lewis yelled at me, I'm pretty sure I would do anything he said.

Why yes, Ray Lewis, I will be the wheelman while you rob this bank.

laugh.gif

My buddy met him at the pro bowl and he said when he was just having a casual conversation with him he was intimidated cause Lewis and veins poppin out of his neck and $*!!.

The rah-rah %$!% wouldn't work if he wasn't the best LB of his generation. Players respect Lewis because of his ability, work ethic and then his sincere intensity. Bad players can't be good leaders. Thus, players like Jordan, Orr, Manning, etc. were all great leaders. On the other hand, good players can be bad leaders.

Originally Posted by HankMoody

The rah-rah %$!% wouldn't work if he wasn't the best LB of his generation. Players respect Lewis because of his ability, work ethic and then his sincere intensity. Bad players can't be good leaders. Thus, players like Jordan, Orr, Manning, etc. were all great leaders. On the other hand, good players can be bad leaders.
lebron-james-fail.jpg

Eh, I don't know if he's a bad leader, per se. He's okay. I would say someone like D12 is a bad leader. Too jovial and nonchalant for my taste.

Eh, I don't know if he's a bad leader, per se. He's okay. I would say someone like D12 is a bad leader. Too jovial and nonchalant for my taste.
That was Lebron after the Finals though. He acted like it was no big deal and said all the people hating on him had to go back to their crappy lives.

Ray Lewis is my #1 pick. Others to mention would be KG (wolves and early Boston days), Brees/Peyton/Brady, and Dirk off the top of my head.

Originally Posted by epox12

That was Lebron after the Finals though. He acted like it was no big deal and said all the people hating on him had to go back to their crappy lives.
He shows weakness, people jump on him. He shows strength, people jump on him. If Spoelstra says they cry in the locker room, people jump on him. I don't take public perception seriously. I see the cuts to the huddle from time to time. He's yelling and taking charge. He's an okay leader to me. 

Tom Brady's glare if you make a mistake is pretty brutal. I'd do my best not to disappoint him.....COC knows what I'm talking about

Originally Posted by epox12

He shows weakness, people jump on him. He shows strength, people jump on him. If Spoelstra says they cry in the locker room, people jump on him. I don't take public perception seriously. I see the cuts to the huddle from time to time. He's yelling and taking charge. He's an okay leader to me. 
Maybe he does this in regular season game against Milwaukee but I didn't see him do it once in the Finals. He and Wade were great at celebrating before the games were over though. 

^ Yes! Good one. I didn't go very far back in my selections, but you can't get much better than Bill.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Kevin Garnet, Isaiah Rider, Alan Iverson, Ryan Leaf, Albert Belle, Rasheed Wallace, Gilbert Arenas

One of these things is not like the others...

One of the most iconic pics in NY Sports history....featuring none other than one of the BEST captains to ever play the game, Mark Messier

msjh2g.png

I really don't see why we can't just have a Leadership Thread instead of saying so and so is better than so and so considering none of us have ever played with any of those dudes. What are we basing it off of? Team Success? Popularity? Media Influence?

But when I think of leadership I think of the following people.

John Wooden
Mateen Cleaves
Raymond Lewis
Tim Tebow

Those are the first 3 names that come to mind.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

One of the most iconic pics in NY Sports history....featuring none other than one of the BEST captains to ever play the game, Mark Messier

msjh2g.png

pimp.gif

before my time but from what my uncles tell me willis reed was that dude

images

Back
Top Bottom