Your Team's All-Time Great Starting Five VOL. NBA

Originally Posted by CP1708

Gangsta, what the hell was all that? 
laugh.gif

Kareem vs Noah (or Gilmore, does it matter?) 
Shaq vs Rodman
Baylor vs Pippen
Kobe vs Jordan
Magic vs Rose

And you think the Bulls win that? 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Rodman on Shaq?  Rose guarding Magic, Kobe or Baylor depending on where you want to put Pip. 

I know Jordan is Jordan, but down low, look what LA is doing to Chicago. 
sick.gif
  It would be jumpers only for the Bulls from their 1-3 players, 4-5 give them nothing offensively, Kareem and Shaq would just sit and wait in the paint for Rose or MJ. 

Bottom line, whoever Rose guards is going to get off.  He can't guard Baylor, Kobe or Magic, and that is where LA would attack, when they aren't feeding either side of the post with Shaq or the Skyhook. 

I'm not sure why you were talkin Pau, and Worthy and even Wilt, they wouldn't make the starting squad.  1987 Magic, 80 Kareem, 2000 Shaq, 2003 Kobe, and mid 60's Baylor is the squad that would rep us. 
smokin.gif
Wow so adding a hall of fame player 3 inches taller than Noah doesnt matter.... Maybe not in defending Shaq. but Kareem..
The second best center of the era, with an ABA title to boot.
You lost me there but I will continue

I got different belief systems as to how guys translate between era's
I refuse to put a guy who played in the 60's above a guy with similar abilities and statistics who played in the 90's.
Its not that I think Baylor has a lesser legacy than Rose right now, its that Baylor wasnt as physically capable as Rose is now.
CP you know full well you wouldnt put Baylor as he was as anything more than the 10th best wing player in the league right now.
You could still put Magic as the best PG, Shaq as the best Center, Jordan as the best 2, Pippen as the 2nd best 3, and Rodman is still an elite defensive PF. Kareem and Gilmore are still about the same
Trying to translate wings to the modern era is a losing proposition and it's for the forseeable future going to be BJ AJ Before Jordan, After Jordan. You might be able to say David Thompson, Gervin, and DRJ were the guys who  the eras of style of players should really be and you wouldnt be wrong. But nothing Baylor did would translate as anything more than an imo a 6th man type off the bench today.
Im taking
Jordan in 91 unless you actually want me to believe that Kareem and Shaq would actually be able to challenge Jordan on a consistant basis at the hole then I would take either 1989-1990 Jordan who still relentelessly attacked, or 1995 Jordan with the GOAT fadeaway with most of his elite lift, and all of the wisdom
Pippen in 93 unless you want me to take him in a year he actually played with Michael, so then its 1996 -1997
Rose in 2010 unless Im going to get some future years
Rodman in 95 since I got to take him as a Bull
and Gilmore in 79
Im still winning and its prob only cause you took Baylor when he shot 30 times a game and was close to using 40% of that teams posessions.
2000 Shaq was not as good a player overall as 1994 Shaq and you cannot tell me anydifferent. You have to take 2000 Shaq though.
Yea 2000 Shaq had a couple more percentage points of PER, but I would not want to lose that mobility or agility on both ends of the floor.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Gangsta, what the hell was all that? 
laugh.gif

Kareem vs Noah (or Gilmore, does it matter?) 
Shaq vs Rodman
Baylor vs Pippen
Kobe vs Jordan
Magic vs Rose

And you think the Bulls win that? 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Rodman on Shaq?  Rose guarding Magic, Kobe or Baylor depending on where you want to put Pip. 

I know Jordan is Jordan, but down low, look what LA is doing to Chicago. 
sick.gif
  It would be jumpers only for the Bulls from their 1-3 players, 4-5 give them nothing offensively, Kareem and Shaq would just sit and wait in the paint for Rose or MJ. 

Bottom line, whoever Rose guards is going to get off.  He can't guard Baylor, Kobe or Magic, and that is where LA would attack, when they aren't feeding either side of the post with Shaq or the Skyhook. 

I'm not sure why you were talkin Pau, and Worthy and even Wilt, they wouldn't make the starting squad.  1987 Magic, 80 Kareem, 2000 Shaq, 2003 Kobe, and mid 60's Baylor is the squad that would rep us. 
smokin.gif
Wow so adding a hall of fame player 3 inches taller than Noah doesnt matter.... Maybe not in defending Shaq. but Kareem..
The second best center of the era, with an ABA title to boot.
You lost me there but I will continue

I got different belief systems as to how guys translate between era's
I refuse to put a guy who played in the 60's above a guy with similar abilities and statistics who played in the 90's.
Its not that I think Baylor has a lesser legacy than Rose right now, its that Baylor wasnt as physically capable as Rose is now.
CP you know full well you wouldnt put Baylor as he was as anything more than the 10th best wing player in the league right now.
You could still put Magic as the best PG, Shaq as the best Center, Jordan as the best 2, Pippen as the 2nd best 3, and Rodman is still an elite defensive PF. Kareem and Gilmore are still about the same
Trying to translate wings to the modern era is a losing proposition and it's for the forseeable future going to be BJ AJ Before Jordan, After Jordan. You might be able to say David Thompson, Gervin, and DRJ were the guys who  the eras of style of players should really be and you wouldnt be wrong. But nothing Baylor did would translate as anything more than an imo a 6th man type off the bench today.
Im taking
Jordan in 91 unless you actually want me to believe that Kareem and Shaq would actually be able to challenge Jordan on a consistant basis at the hole then I would take either 1989-1990 Jordan who still relentelessly attacked, or 1995 Jordan with the GOAT fadeaway with most of his elite lift, and all of the wisdom
Pippen in 93 unless you want me to take him in a year he actually played with Michael, so then its 1996 -1997
Rose in 2010 unless Im going to get some future years
Rodman in 95 since I got to take him as a Bull
and Gilmore in 79
Im still winning and its prob only cause you took Baylor when he shot 30 times a game and was close to using 40% of that teams posessions.
2000 Shaq was not as good a player overall as 1994 Shaq and you cannot tell me anydifferent. You have to take 2000 Shaq though.
Yea 2000 Shaq had a couple more percentage points of PER, but I would not want to lose that mobility or agility on both ends of the floor.

TMac, Clyde, Pippen, Moses, Dream. If we're allowed to keep Pip then I like that 5 over Orlando, Portland, and San Antonio.

TMac, Clyde, Pippen, Moses, Dream. If we're allowed to keep Pip then I like that 5 over Orlando, Portland, and San Antonio.

There needs to be some guidelines for these things. Players have to play X number of years (say, four, for a lasting impact. Or less, as long as they were a major contributor to a championship), with at least a couple of those coming in their primes. I mean, I could stack the Sonics with Durant and Ewing if we're going based on players who suited up and played for one season, but I think that's cheating the spirit of how these teams should be comprised.

There needs to be some guidelines for these things. Players have to play X number of years (say, four, for a lasting impact. Or less, as long as they were a major contributor to a championship), with at least a couple of those coming in their primes. I mean, I could stack the Sonics with Durant and Ewing if we're going based on players who suited up and played for one season, but I think that's cheating the spirit of how these teams should be comprised.

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

I think maybe some of you are not understanding the thread... or maybe OP didnt intend it this way... but I thought he meant greatest starting five officially in a lineup not create your own starting five with your favorite players from different eras. Like the 90's bulls>present bulls for example

No brah go look at OP's team. He doesnt follow what you're saying...

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

I think maybe some of you are not understanding the thread... or maybe OP didnt intend it this way... but I thought he meant greatest starting five officially in a lineup not create your own starting five with your favorite players from different eras. Like the 90's bulls>present bulls for example

No brah go look at OP's team. He doesnt follow what you're saying...

He'll I'd probably take a 5 of Payton, Allen, Durant, Kemp, Sikma over Portland or San Antonio.

He'll I'd probably take a 5 of Payton, Allen, Durant, Kemp, Sikma over Portland or San Antonio.

Atlanta Hawks:

PG - Mookie Blaylock
SG - Pete Maravich
SF - Dominique Wilkins
PF - Al Horford
C - Dikembe Mutumbo

6th Man - Joe Johnson

Atlanta Hawks:

PG - Mookie Blaylock
SG - Pete Maravich
SF - Dominique Wilkins
PF - Al Horford
C - Dikembe Mutumbo

6th Man - Joe Johnson

Wolves:

PG - Sam Cassell
SG - Isaiah Rider
SF - Kevin Garnett
PF - Kevin Love
C - Al Jefferson

Thanks to KG's versatility I was able to put Love at the PF spot and keep Wally off the squad. Would have liked to put Marbury at PG, but he was nothing but promise then a let down while with Minny.

Wolves:

PG - Sam Cassell
SG - Isaiah Rider
SF - Kevin Garnett
PF - Kevin Love
C - Al Jefferson

Thanks to KG's versatility I was able to put Love at the PF spot and keep Wally off the squad. Would have liked to put Marbury at PG, but he was nothing but promise then a let down while with Minny.

Well since the Sonics don't exit anymore here is mine, bar none one of the would be nastiest teams ever if formed and all played within their prime

PG - The Glove
SG - Jesus Shuttleworth
SF - Durantula
PF - Tom Chambers
C - Shawn Kemp
Jack Sickma could be substituted in too, but ya know Tom Chambers and Shawn Kemp would just dunk on people lol

Well since the Sonics don't exit anymore here is mine, bar none one of the would be nastiest teams ever if formed and all played within their prime

PG - The Glove
SG - Jesus Shuttleworth
SF - Durantula
PF - Tom Chambers
C - Shawn Kemp
Jack Sickma could be substituted in too, but ya know Tom Chambers and Shawn Kemp would just dunk on people lol

Back
Top Bottom