-You're a sub-par Rapper in NEED of a Hit.... Who do you want on the hook?-

This thread is stemming off of a discussion about Nate Dogg being the "GOAT" of hip hop hooks that was going down in the "Celebrity wearing heat" thread in the sneaker showcase forum...People had valid opinions, so to avoid getting that thread locked., I've decided to start a new one in here...

You had people in that thread saying stuff like; "Nates the best to ever do it"...."No ones touching Nate Dogg"...

As I said before, I respect Nate and what Nate brought to hip-hop, but i'm going with T-Pain...

I still get Chills listening the "Maybach Music II"....
pimp.gif

Honestly the last "hit" T-Pain was apart of was "Blame It", everything he has done since has been pretty weak (sales wise). He and DJ Khaled have remade the same song like 12 times yet he still keeps working with the same artists every year

If I the intent was to make a high selling hit record Rihanna or Drake would satisfy that. I don't feel like T-Pain got anything left in the tank right now in terms of hit songs

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

Honestly the last "hit" T-Pain was apart of was "Blame It", everything he has done since has been pretty weak (sales wise). He and DJ Khaled have remade the same song like 12 times yet he still keeps working with the same artists every year

If I the intent was to make a high selling hit record Rihanna or Drake would satisfy that. I don't feel like T-Pain got anything left in the tank right now in terms of hit songs

Those are good choices...You cant go wrong with Rihanna or Drake....Rihanna Murked "All of the lights"
smokin.gif

I guess the point I really wanted to make is...Im not going to Nate Dogg....

Yeah Nate Dogg has classic hooks b, TPain or Akon aren't seeing him.

Max B and Wiz are pretty good with hooks.

If you want a radio hit then maybe the answer would be T-Pain, but if you want a classic and something that will be played for years than the obvious answer is the late great Nate Dogg.

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

Those are good choices...You cant go wrong with Rihanna or Drake....Rihanna Murked "All of the lights"
smokin.gif

I guess the point I really wanted to make is...Im not going to Nate Dogg....

if I was from the West Coast he'd definitely be on my song

Originally Posted by Deuce King

If you want a radio hit then maybe the answer would be T-Pain, but if you want a classic and something that will be played for years than the obvious answer is the late great Nate Dogg.
/thread

Originally Posted by Deuce King

NO. if you want a radio hit in 2011...the answer would not be T-Pain. at all.

For the radio, probly someone like GaGa, Rihanna, Drake or Wayne...

Just for an overall good song I'd go with Pharrell, CuDi, or Wiz...

Than of course Nate Dogg.

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

jay z

/thread
on the hook?!
yea why not, its something different
Jay on the hook definitely does not deserve a /thread

Jay was on the hook of I Aint Heard Of That (originally his song) and it didn't do anything for Slim Thug.

Depending on the song: Wiz, Usher, Gaga

Back
Top Bottom