Z Gorres in critical condition after winning Las Vegas fight

I was lucky enough to have met Z, mark, and the rest of team ala the night before the fight @ nanay gloria's.. Z and melligen had jst finished weigh ins..As hungry as they were, they still took time out to take some pics and sign some autographs.. Genuine nice guys.. I pray Z makes a full recovery

at first doctors were saying it would take a miracle for him to recover. but thanks to everyone's prayers, he has made significant progress. don'tmatter that he won't box again... as long as he's living a healthy life with his family.

i'm happy to hear Z is turning the tide and starting to win his fight to stay alive.keep it coming with the prayers and support fellas

[h2]End of ring dream for Gorres[/h2]By Jhunnex Napallacan
Inquirer Visayas
First Posted 00:33:00 11/20/2009

CEBU CITY - Z "The Dream" Gorres is recovering fast but he's out of the ring for good.
"Z has a good chance to live a functional life, not necessarily yet a normal life for now because he may need to rehabilitate his left side which may need time," ALA Promotions president Michael Aldeguer said in an e-mail sent Thursday.

Michael added Gorres might be off the ventilator in the next 48 hours.

"According to Dr. (Michael) Casey, the progress of Z is remarkable and is normally seen in two weeks but because Z is young and in great health he responded well in only five days," Aldeguer said.

Dr. Casey is the attending trauma surgeon of Gorres, who collapsed after winning a 10-round fight Saturday and needed surgery to remove a blood clot in his brain.

But Michael's father Antonio "Tony" Aldeguer, chair of ALA Promotions, said that "fighting is out of the question."

The elder Aldeguer said no boxing commission would give Gorres a license to fight considering what he went through.

Gorres' wife Datches said she felt happy that the health condition of her husband has improved considerably.

Datches will join her husband in the US as soon as she gets her visa.

would have been devastating for the Gorres family if Z didn't survive. His older brother Jun ( a fine boxer as well) was murdered a few years ago. I'm imagining Z had an outer body experience while in his suspended state, and his older brother probably met him and said "Choy, ga unsa man ka dire!?" (Choy, what are you doing here?)

choy is his nickname? wow layo sa Z!

hope he returns to a normal and very functional life!

he can be a boxing coach
smile.gif

Isn't his name really 'ZC' taken from the 1st letters of his parent's name? Anyway, good to hear Z is getting better.. Seeing him down in hiscorner after just a few seconds ago he was proudly walking around the ring wit the flag put a black cloud over the whole pacquiao-cotto fight weekend.. Evenwith manny winning, I felt I couldn't really celebrate manny's victory knowing the tragedy that happened to Z the night before

Yeah his real name is "ZC" from his parents Zita and Celistino. "Z" became his ring name because his manager wanted to shorten it.. (Asif ZC wasn't short enough)
laugh.gif
His close friends and family callhim "Butchoy"

Back
Top Bottom