☆☆☆ Official Track&Field Thread ☆☆☆

My baby Lolo
pimp.gif

What's good w/ Dix ? (NH)

Code:
                  ********************************************************************************* 3/8/2009 04:04 PM    NCAA Division I 2009 Indoor Championship
Event 1 Men 60 Meter Dash ** Auto: 6.63 **
RANK ATHLETE YR SCHOOL SEED TIME DATE
==== ======================= == ======================= =========== =====
1 Jacoby Ford SO Clemson 6.51 02-27
2 Trindon Holliday JR LSU 6.56 01-31
3 Michael Ray Garvin SR Fla St. 6.59 02-28

Code:
Crazy, 3 football players blowing away the NCAAs
Event 9 Men 4x400 Meter Relay ** Auto: 03:06.50 **
RANK SCHOOL SEED TIME DATE
==== ================================================== =========== =====
1 Florida State 3:05.48 03-07
1) 438 Kevin Williams SO 2) 429 Kevin Borlee FR
3) 436 Brandon OConnor FR 4) 428 Jonathan Borlee FR

Code:
these Boys are a PROBLEM

Code:
Event 18  Boys 100 Meter Dash============================================================================        Name                    Year School                  Finals  Wind Points    ============================================================================    Finals                                                                            1 Locke, Dentarius          12 Chamberlain HS           10.32   0.9  10         2 Archer, adrion            12 venice                   10.61   0.9   8         3 Robinson, Denard          12 Deerfield Beach          10.62   0.9   6         4 Reed, John                11 Piper                    10.76   0.9   5         5 Mcdowell, Cassius         11 Deerfield Beach          10.78   0.9   4         6 Bell, Kevin               11 Mandarin                 10.79   0.9   3         7 Hemmingway, Tyrel         11 Miami Columbus           10.80   0.9   2        -- Debose, Andre             12 Seminole                   DNF   0.9

Debose pulled up...

Event 30 Boys 200 Meter Dash
============================================================================
Name Year School Finals Wind Points
============================================================================
Finals
1 Locke, Dentarius 12 Chamberlain HS 20.70 2.4 10
2 Bell, Kevin 11 Mandarin 21.55 2.4 8
3 Blanford, Jenove 10 South Broward 21.60 2.4 6
4 Smith, Ryan 11 Coral Springs 21.63 2.4 5
5 Williams, Akeem 12 Miami Carol City 21.64 2.4 4

Code:
that boy Locke is gonna be a Problem

Dix has been allright so far this season. 9.99 has been the best 09 season time for the 100m and Dix is in #2 with a 10.00. thats still slower than his PB of9.91 in beijing last year. but i think he'll break his pb this season. hes one of those guys thats quietly moving up the field and doesn't seem to getthe attention that other elite sprinters do.

lashawn merritt is gonna rule the 400m this year. if he keeps up that consistency its gonna be medals galore

does anyone know if the Reebok Grand Prix will be broadcast in it's entirety on saturday or will it be butchered the way the Texas Relays were andcompressed into an hour-long timeslot?

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Jeremy Wariner is not winning another 400 race where Lashawn is entered

The torch is passed. Fuhgetaboutit

shut up. already happened this year.

Originally Posted by notoriusWES

Jeremy Wariner is not winning another 400 race where Lashawn is entered ...
key word. "another"

whats to shut up about it? lashawn has been in top form what makes you think he wont dominate wariner?

Originally Posted by brrraptors

whats to shut up about it? lashawn has been in top form what makes you think he wont dominate wariner?
laugh.gif
dont be too serious about the shut up. My b guys

pimp.gif
track & field season appreciation. I can't wait to catch some of the action online coz i know the canadian sports media is gonna blow. track and field coverage here has been nothing short of pathetic. i'm forced to watch whatever i can online through european media.

lashawn merritt has already had some ridiculous 200m times so far this year, looking forward to a solid performance by him in the coming events. hes already had a 20.17 and 20.07sec. hes also leading the top 400m time so far in 2009 with a 44.50sec over wariner's 44.66.
CBC always show the World's and all of the Golden League Meets.

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

pimp.gif
track & field season appreciation. I can't wait to catch some of the action online coz i know the canadian sports media is gonna blow. track and field coverage here has been nothing short of pathetic. i'm forced to watch whatever i can online through european media.

lashawn merritt has already had some ridiculous 200m times so far this year, looking forward to a solid performance by him in the coming events. hes already had a 20.17 and 20.07sec. hes also leading the top 400m time so far in 2009 with a 44.50sec over wariner's 44.66.
CBC always show the World's and all of the Golden League Meets.
yes they do. besides that when do you ever see any coverage of any track and field. hockey gets a million specials and analysis track and fieldmaybe gets a quick 10sec replay and they keep it moving. besides the few major meets you hear nothing about t&f unless its the olympics and maybe theworlds to a certain extent. i get the fact that they have to cater to the demographic and hence the crazy hockey coverage. Compared to asian and europeancountries we get the bare minimal coverage of t&f.

^ I agree but what else is there? even back in the 90's when Athletics was at a high point it was the same criteria for CBC. What else would you want? U.S.Events? NCAA's? NBC usually is the provider for that which we have.

CBC always will show World Indoors, Outdoors, Canadian Championships & Golden League.

Just saw Allison Stokke in person... wifey and myself went out to dinner and her and some other Cal vaulters all came in and sat down across the restaurantfrom us.

Very nice.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy

Just saw Allison Stokke in person... wifey and myself went out to dinner and her and some other Cal vaulters all came in and sat down across the restaurant from us.

Very nice.
pimp.gif
pics
nerd.gif

Rebook Grand Prix on NBC later today/tomorrow, I'll be out but will set the PVR.

Back
Top Bottom