☆☆ 2012 NBA Finals ☆☆ The King has been crowned; Heat win 2012 NBA Finals! Bron Finals MVP.

Rashard Lewis and Elton Brand should feel guilty as hell every time they're in the locker room. They should take out their team to dinner/lunch every single day.

romedadude wrote:
I'll just copy what I said about the Joe Johnson signing from the Hawks season thread. Our hands were tied when it came to signing Joe...

Posted 12-7-11

It was a damned if you do, damned if you don't move. Don't sign him and we end up overpaying for John Salmons or somebody like that and JJ goes to a squad as a 2nd guy and tears it up. Sign him, and, well you see what we get. Yeah, we overpaid put what else were the Hawks going to do? Hopefully he does his thing this year.
==============

A month later and he's doing absolutely nothing. Highway Robbery!

I guess.... But he wasn't exactly KILLING the year y'all offered him the contract.  Not to mention he had just went Casper in the playoffs, y'all could've kept that chop and filled out the roster in the years to come.  What would letting him go do to y'all, its not like having him has helped y'all attendance or has moved y'all to an elite status.  Y'all would've been a 7-8 squad out east instead of a 5-6 squad still wallowing in mediocrity but y'all would have helly cap space.

I would've approached him in the 80 - 88 range then saw what the rest of the market came with and if it was more than that let him walk.  But hey its not my franchise..

That's the same front office that took Marvin Williams over D-Will/CP3 and took an extra year and a half to figure out Mike Bibby shouldn't start.

Look at the Suns. They had that same mentality and look what they did. Joe would've ended up in Cleveland or Toronto or something, and the Hawks would've gave Jamal+scrubs something stupid.

It's hard to predict a guy getting beaucoup max money and immediately falling off without PEDs involved, Rashard Lewis.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

romedadude wrote:
I'll just copy what I said about the Joe Johnson signing from the Hawks season thread. Our hands were tied when it came to signing Joe...

Posted 12-7-11

It was a damned if you do, damned if you don't move. Don't sign him and we end up overpaying for John Salmons or somebody like that and JJ goes to a squad as a 2nd guy and tears it up. Sign him, and, well you see what we get. Yeah, we overpaid put what else were the Hawks going to do? Hopefully he does his thing this year.
==============

A month later and he's doing absolutely nothing. Highway Robbery!

I guess.... But he wasn't exactly KILLING the year y'all offered him the contract.  Not to mention he had just went Casper in the playoffs, y'all could've kept that chop and filled out the roster in the years to come.  What would letting him go do to y'all, its not like having him has helped y'all attendance or has moved y'all to an elite status.  Y'all would've been a 7-8 squad out east instead of a 5-6 squad still wallowing in mediocrity but y'all would have helly cap space.

I would've approached him in the 80 - 88 range then saw what the rest of the market came with and if it was more than that let him walk.  But hey its not my franchise..

Thing is none of the big fa wanted to come and play for atl... So they really didnt have a choice.. at best they couldve gotten fair decent players like a rip hamilton, prince, etc battier type of player but that still wouldve placed them in the same position they are in now. Atlanta is in this weird flux. Where they dont have the personnel to be an elite team... but dont suck enough to get top draft picks.. And btw things are looking, even if they did i dont see any franchise changing type players comming out no time soon. So then they would be still a decent 5-7th seed team trying to work in new players... only to fall to a non playoff team due to players like josh smith etc wanting to leave for not wanting to be apart of a rebuilding process and getting up and age and wanting to be apart of a team who realistically can win a chip.

Warriors have a huge market right? Plus good weather and good fans. I would probably stay there. Many worse places. Depends who they keep in a trade

that's what's good now? superstars playing hopscotch with franchises? a year or 2 everywhere

that team would be better than the Magic though.

Originally Posted by DubA169

Warriors have a huge market right? Plus good weather and good fans. I would probably stay there. Many worse places. Depends who they keep in a trade

iuno warriors to me just doesnt seem like a franchise who is modeling around winning chips but moreso just as a means of keeping ppl in seats and generating revenue. i know you may say well championships etc means money but not neccesarily, there are teams who are a constant middle of the pack type teams who constantly keep a fan base aka like the knicks of now, kings in the past, etc....

After watching recap of that Heat/Hawks game I feel bad for Al Horford. He was hardly being used. Still can't understand why they never brought in a center so he can play the 4.

Originally Posted by HOOD17

After watching recap of that Heat/Hawks game I feel bad for Al Horford. He was hardly being used. Still can't understand why they never brought in a center so he can play the 4.
my exact thoughts...when given the ball in the high/low post, the Horford has some nice moves. He's got good size and strength and pretty good speed for a big. They need to use him more instead of relying on bricks to build a win.....

Originally Posted by MarcMac360

my exact thoughts...when given the ball in the high/low post, the Horford has some nice moves. He's got good size and strength and pretty good speed for a big. They need to use him more instead of relying on bricks to build a win.....

I just remember how much he beasted next to Noah at Florida.

Zaza and Jason Collins don't cut it, neither does Amar'e-ing him.

But what centers are available to bring in or can be used to upgrade the team. Lol like chuck said you know its bad when joel anthony is on the all star team roster... its seriously a drought in big men.

Rashard Lewis is flossin' on em'.

Elton Brand actually is apart of the reason why Philadelphia wins games. I can't knock his salary.

Market is not HUGGGE like most people think.

I mean it is a big market because it's in the Bay Area - but remember it's in Oakland - Oakland isn't nice; has probably 400,000 people -and with the arena being old, sitting literally 2 blocks from the hood doesn't help. The ownership is cheap and sucks too.

From my expereince of living in the Bay for almost 5 years - I seen more Laker fans than Warrior fans - not to take away from the die-hard Warrior fans that I've seen though of course.

Originally Posted by LDJ

But what centers are available to bring in or can be used to upgrade the team. Lol like chuck said you know its bad when joel anthony is on the all star team roster... its seriously a drought in big men.
I don't know if this has been discussed but why not start Zaza?

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

I mean it is a big market because it's in the Bay Area - but remember it's in Oakland - Oakland isn't nice; has probably 400,000 people -and with the arena being old, sitting literally 2 blocks from the hood doesn't help. The ownership is cheap and sucks too.

From my expereince of living in the Bay for almost 5 years - I seen more Laker fans than Warrior fans - not to take away from the die-hard Warrior fans that I've seen though of course.

the old ownership under cohen was bad. they just cant attract players. they are willing to spend, heck, we gave guys like murphy, dunleavy, maggette, biedrins, lee money recently. went after deandre, and even gil when he was a free agent.

Clogs up the floor on offense due to lack of spacing if your moving Smith to SF.

Originally Posted by DMan14

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

the old ownership under cohen was bad. they just cant attract players. they are willing to spend, heck, we gave guys like murphy, dunleavy, maggette, biedrins, lee money recently. went after deandre, and even gil when he was a free agent.

I agree, you're right. It's overdue that the Warriors land a big name guy. I hope you guys do very soon.

rck2sactown wrote:

pimp.gif

john-wall-doing-the-dougie-o.gif

cousins-o.gif

Dude's be wild with the dougie 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

[table][tr][td]
on_line.gif
dmbrhs[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][-][/td][/tr][tr][td]
Posted: 01/06/123:11 AM
[/td][td]
UPPTEMPO8387 wrote:
Joe Johnson to a max contract is looking like one of the worst signings in the NBA in the past 10 or more years

Pretty sure people thought that the day he signed it.[/td][/tr][/table]

I'm sayin
laugh.gif

I honestly think that whichever team loses tonight between the Knicks and Wizards, will have a new coach by Monday.

Originally Posted by PMatic

Clogs up the floor on offense due to lack of spacing if your moving Smith to SF.
True

I was thinking last night..When does the ATL management say it's time to start over?

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

I honestly think that whichever team loses tonight between the Knicks and Wizards, will have a new coach by Monday.
Is it really that bad for Flip? Damn I mean what is the owner/FO expecting of this WAS team this season?

Back
Top Bottom