☆☆ 2012 NBA Finals ☆☆ The King has been crowned; Heat win 2012 NBA Finals! Bron Finals MVP.

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

Although Paul in NJ and Dwight to NJ/Brooklyn would be awesome and revitalize basketball in NY
I thought Melo was supposed to take care of that.

^lol at santa claus
laugh.gif

I'm still salty Deron didn't end up in Dallas...but we won the chip...would love to see him play with Dirk and Co.

and Dallas better resign Tyson Chandler, no excuse not to.

Originally Posted by What up

Although Paul in NJ and Dwight to NJ/Brooklyn would be awesome and revitalize basketball in NY
I thought Melo was supposed to take care of that.
I'm talking about more than just the Knicks. With NJ moving to BK, and if stars go to BK too...it's just gonna be a great place for bball again. The stench of the losing that has been looming through the air in NY would be gone

I'm still salty Deron didn't end up in Dallas...but we won the chip...would love to see him play with Dirk and Co.

20 mil a year is a great excuse
laugh.gif

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Arron is one popular Afflalo[/h1]
By Marc Stein
ESPN.com
Archive
It’s been a familiar refrain from a handful of front-office types during the first few days of the NBA’s gradual return to offseason normalcy: Denver’s Arron Afflalo is a popular choice when you ask execs to pinpoint the most attractive free agent outside of the big men.

Afflalo’s Denver teammate Nene, Dallas Mavericks center Tyson Chandler, New Orleans Hornets forward David West and Memphis Grizzlies restricted free agent Marc Gasol are universally seen as the most coveted players on the open market.

But Afflalo, with a blossoming offensive game to go with his more polished D, has his own growing group of admirers if you listen to the GM grapevine.

Sources told ESPN.com that the Chicago Bulls and Los Angeles Lakers, despite possessing no cap space to bid for the 26-year-old swingman, will continue to press the Nuggets to see if they’re amenable to sign-and-trade discussions. Sources say New Jersey and Minnesota, meanwhile, are among the teams with salary-cap space weighing whether to extend an offer sheet after free agency officially starts Dec. 9 that the Nuggets will have three days to match to keep Afflalo.

You tend to believe that the Nuggets have to match anything they see here. At a time when they know multiple teams are throwing big money at Nene -- after restricted free agent Wilson Chandler and unrestricteds Kenyon Martin and J.R. Smith all bolted to China -- Afflalo’s future is the rare roster issue in Denver that the home team has control of.

You can also make the case that Afflalo, in the same group with Chandler, Danilo Gallinari and Ty Lawson, is as valuable as anyone on the payroll in Denver’s post-Carmelo Anthony world.

“We feel comfortable that we’ll get something done there,â€

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

20 mil a year is great excuse
laugh.gif
Yeah, but no one is going to pay him that. As said before, if he gets paid that, happy trails my dude, have a good career, Arenas/Rashard-lite.
laugh.gif

If we let him go for anything less than 10 million, I'd be mad.

Bill Simmons article on whoever wants to read it...kinda long: http://www.grantland.com/...second-day-nba-christmas
Here's a snippet of what he thinks each free agent big will get paid:

Let's make some predictions for those 12 centers. Important note to Kendrick Perkins: Stop reading right now. Just trust me.

1. Nene
Prediction: Signs with New Jersey (five years, $100 million, thanks to a sign-and-trade with Denver[sup]3[/sup])
Verdict: COMICALLY OVERPAID

2. Marc Gasol
Prediction: Re-signs with Memphis (five years, $78 million)
Verdict: PROPERLY PAID

3. Tyson Chandler
Prediction: Re-signs with Dallas (four years, $69 million)[sup]4[/sup]
Verdict: OVERPAID

4. DeAndre Jordan
Prediction: Re-signs with Clippers (five years, $46 million)[sup]5[/sup]

5. Chris Kaman
Prediction: Traded to Sacramento (for Jason Thompson)
Verdict: One year away from being OVERPAID AGAIN

6. Sam Dalembert
Prediction: Signs with Denver (four years, $40 million)

7. Brendan Haywood
Prediction: Traded to Houston (for Patrick Patterson and a future no. 1 pick)
Verdict: ONCE OVERPAID, NOW SLIGHTLY OVERPAID

8. Greg Oden
Prediction: Re-signs with Portland (one year, $8.9 million)
Verdict: PROPERLY PAID

9. Andris Biedrins
Prediction: Stays put, much to the chagrin of every Warriors fan
Verdict: STILL OVERPAID

10. Josh McRoberts
Prediction: Signs with New Orleans (four years, $26 million)

11. Spencer Hawes
Prediction: Signs with Detroit (three years, $18 million)

12. Aaron Gray
Prediction: Signs with Indiana (three years, $15 million)

A quick recap: eight "overpaids," one "slightly overpaids," one "comically overpaid," two "properly paids" … and that's just the center position, (the team that, other than New Jersey, seems most desperate to irrationally overpay somebody). Come on out, NBA Groundhog … I have a feeling you're going to see your shadow.

How is Oden properly paid at $9M when he's had microfracture surgery on both knees and never played a full season in his career?

I think DeAndre Jordan could very well end up earning the 9 mil a year that Simmons projects for him.  Plus, look at some of the other bigs that get 9 mil or more.  I'll take DeAndre for sure.  Not sure I like that overpaid stamp. 

1b. Tyson Chandler
You know what you're getting with the 29-year-old Chandler, the emotional leader and defensive anchor of the 2011 champs. Basically, it's a slightly poor man's version of 2008 KG without a low-post game. Because of his injury history, I wouldn't go higher than four years, $55 million for him (and even that would make me nervous). Of course, someone will creep closer to that $74.3 million limit … and at that point, you're crossing your fingers and hoping for four healthy years from Tyson Chandler.

You know what really fascinates me? Dallas, a team that normally throws money at centers like Pacman Jones making it rain at a strip club, doesn't seem that interested in overpaying Chandler. What do they know? Do they have inside info? Do they think he might break down soon? Note to potential Chandler suitors: If there was ever a time to "pretend" you're in Dallas for the night, invite Mark Cuban out for dinner, put a few drinks in him and eke out his inside Chandler info, it's this week.2

And yet … I still feel like the Mavericks are playing possum here. They wouldn't have beaten Miami without Chandler last year. They know this. They also know that they need to get by Miami THIS year, and if anyone knows how to protect the rim against Miami and get into LeBron's head, it's Tyson Chandler. I can't see them turning that specific responsibility/need/specialty over to Brendan Haywood when they already have that guy and he wants to stay. They just need to get creative; you can't overpay both, but you can overpay one. More on this in a second.

That's kind of what I've been thinking, personally. There's no way that the Mavericks will just walk away without fighting for the guy who was the sole difference.

If Nene gets $100M 
indifferent.gif

Jordan at 5yr/$46M isn't that bad. He has the potential to anchor a defense on a championship caliber team ala Chandler/Perk. I don't think he will ever develop an offensive game though. 

I'm still not sure if I would lock Marc in for 5 years. At the end of his deal, he'll be 31 making somewhere around $17-18M a year. I think you want him coming off the books the same time as Zach and Rudy at the end of the 14/15 season. 

Originally Posted by StroShow4

I think DeAndre Jordan could very well end up earning the 9 mil a year that Simmons projects for him.  Plus, look at some of the other bigs that get 9 mil or more.  I'll take DeAndre for sure.  Not sure I like that overpaid stamp. 
I would like to see the Kings throw 9-10 mil at DJ..... too bad he's a RFA

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

If Nene gets $100M 
indifferent.gif

Jordan at 5yr/$46M isn't that bad. He has the potential to anchor a defense on a championship caliber team ala Chandler/Perk. I don't think he will ever develop an offensive game though. 

I'm still not sure if I would lock Marc in for 5 years. At the end of his deal, he'll be 31 making somewhere around $17-18M a year. I think you want him coming off the books the same time as Zach and Rudy at the end of the 14/15 season. 

I say make it a team option...
If he improves then at that point it will be still market value, if not? let it go.

Owners will continue to make bad decisions with contracts this off-season.

Watch.

laugh.gif
@ Bill Simmons writing Nene is getting superstar money
30t6p3b.gif

Also from the LA times
Christmas isn’t the only holiday on which the Lakers play. They are scheduled to travel to Denver on Jan. 1 and also play the afternoon of Dec. 31 against an unknown opponent.
http://
The Lakers will not visit every NBA city because they play only 18 games against Eastern Conference teams this season. They will not play at Chicago, New Jersey, Charlotte, Indianapolis, Atlanta and one other team.
The Lakers travel to Boston, Miami and Orlando but don’t play the Magic at Staples Center.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

20 mil a year is great excuse
laugh.gif
Yeah, but no one is going to pay him that. As said before, if he gets paid that, happy trails my dude, have a good career, Arenas/Rashard-lite.
laugh.gif

If we let him go for anything less than 10 million, I'd be mad.

TC is worth every penny. Pay the man

Blazers Won't Amnesty Brandon Roy
Dec 05, 2011 7:48 PM EST

During a 90-minute meeting on Monday, the Blazers have decided not to amnesty Brandon Roy.

Nate McMillan will even consider starting Roy.

The Blazers won't say that the decision not to amnesty Roy is permanent, but there is a clear change in their thinking.

Via Jason Quick/Oregonian (via Twitter)

Read more: http://basketball.realgm....randon_Roy#ixzz1fiMGTyNp

Damn, tough break for the Bobcats.  They reeeally could've used that visit from the Lakers... would've been one of just a few times they'll able to get a significant amount of people in their arena, especially with Maggette running the show.
laugh.gif
sick.gif

Pretty sure everyone was in agreement he wasn't getting amnestied this season. I still think it'll happen next season though.

Ken Berger, CBS Sports: With serious interest registered from the Nets, Golden State, Houston and Sacramento, four teams with cap space and flexibility, [Tyson Chandler] could be slipping away

I will lose it if the Kings sign Chandler to a 20 mil deal
laugh.gif

@WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski
Spurs, Pistons keeping close check on Chris Kaman, but Clippers won't move him until resolution on restricted free agent DeAndre Jordan.
1 minute ago via web Favorite Retweet Reply

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Ken Berger, CBS Sports: With serious interest registered from the Nets, Golden State, Houston and Sacramento, four teams with cap space and flexibility, [Tyson Chandler] could be slipping away

I will lose it if the Kings sign Chandler to a 20 mil deal
laugh.gif

Slipping away? From Mavericks?

Depends on the asking price.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom