♔ ~~~~| Celebrites Rockin Heat (fly gear/Fly kicks) VOL. 3 | ~~~~ ♔

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Big Jon GSFT

^^^^ perfect execution with the robocop gif
laugh.gif

$450 for a hoody is expensive no matter how you look at it but those prices shouldn't really surprise anybody.
It's also made by Dolce & Gabbana not to be confused with their diffusion line D&G. It's from the brands top of the line.
I mean seriously, LV has $1,400 hoodies.

Is it worth it? That is up to the buyer.
Is it reasonable? Luxury purchases are rarely reasonable and that hoody, no matter how cheap or crappy it looks, is a luxury item.

$450 for a hoody is expensive no matter how you look at it but those prices shouldn't really surprise anybody.
It's also made by Dolce & Gabbana not to be confused with their diffusion line D&G. It's from the brands top of the line.

Is it reasonable? Luxury purchases are rarely reasonable and that hoody, no matter how cheap or crappy it looks, is a luxury item.

Originally Posted by RFX45

QFT... $450 is still a chunk of change missing out of your wallet/account/what have you at the end of the day, but this just doesn't make sense to me.

I don't really know the whole structure of Dolce & Gabbanna or D&G, I just know they're a high-end brand so it seems silly to me for them to be making a white hoody, screen-printing James Dean's face on it, and then slapping a $450 price tag on it. I would think they'd be making more abstract, professional pieces, instead of this run-of-the-mill type stuff that I could get done at my local mall.

LV hoodies and their $1400 price tags are understandable because of their world-renowned recognition as a brand, but that hoody doesn't even have a logo on it and honestly I thought it was supreme or something at first. But hey, I don't know much about this stuff, I was just sharing my opinion. sorry if I made any mistakes.

QFT... $450 is still a chunk of change missing out of your wallet/account/what have you at the end of the day, but this just doesn't make sense to me.

I don't really know the whole structure of Dolce & Gabbanna or D&G, I just know they're a high-end brand so it seems silly to me for them to be making a white hoody, screen-printing James Dean's face on it, and then slapping a $450 price tag on it. I would think they'd be making more abstract, professional pieces, instead of this run-of-the-mill type stuff that I could get done at my local mall.

LV hoodies and their $1400 price tags are understandable because of their world-renowned recognition as a brand, but that hoody doesn't even have a logo on it and honestly I thought it was supreme or something at first. But hey, I don't know much about this stuff, I was just sharing my opinion. sorry if I made any mistakes.

Originally Posted by hassan16

That is completely understandable. Quality and fit is usually better on these brands than say Nike or Champion. Quality isn't just about materials, it is also about construction and who makes it. Dolce & Gabbana is their highest tier line so the hoody itself is made in Italy not by a kid who gets paid pennies an hour. The quality of the screen print is probably much, much better as well. It may look cheap in pics but it probably won't peel off after a wash like the ones you can get made from swapmeet. Hoody is probably double stitched with little details everywhere. 
As for fit, the generic hoodies and sweats are still made very baggy and looks like a sack. Now that is fine and all because it gives you more motion for movement but you're not going to be lifting weights or play ball in these hoodies, their meant for "style" (quoted the word since that is open to interpretation). This hoody fit close to the body, slimmer sleeves and high armholes and looks better overall. 

If you get a Nike/CHampion hoody and put it next to the Dolce one, I am sure you can see a big difference in quality not just bu the look but also feel. Is it worth the extra $400-$420? Probably not but that is up to the buyer to decide. If there are alternatives out there and people just plain like it, then that cheaper one would sell better. But if Dolce got the rights to the James Dean pics and you really want the hoody, you'd just have to get this one or screen print one, it's as simple as that.

Of course you pay for the name too and Dolce is probably paying royalties to use James Deans pic. The "no logo" argument, I thought to most that is a good thing? I thought most people doesn't want others to know that their stuff is expensive, as long as you know, that should be good enough. Now that's nothing agaisnt you, I am just saying that no logo is usually a plus. Dolce & Gabbana tends to be less logo-centric, they are more toned down for the most part with their branding. The brand shouldn't matter if you like it though. People seemed to like it before they found out about the price and brand, again it's a luxury purchase, it doesn't have to make sense. 

That is completely understandable. Quality and fit is usually better on these brands than say Nike or Champion. Quality isn't just about materials, it is also about construction and who makes it. Dolce & Gabbana is their highest tier line so the hoody itself is made in Italy not by a kid who gets paid pennies an hour. The quality of the screen print is probably much, much better as well. It may look cheap in pics but it probably won't peel off after a wash like the ones you can get made from swapmeet. Hoody is probably double stitched with little details everywhere. 
As for fit, the generic hoodies and sweats are still made very baggy and looks like a sack. Now that is fine and all because it gives you more motion for movement but you're not going to be lifting weights or play ball in these hoodies, their meant for "style" (quoted the word since that is open to interpretation). This hoody fit close to the body, slimmer sleeves and high armholes and looks better overall. 

If you get a Nike/CHampion hoody and put it next to the Dolce one, I am sure you can see a big difference in quality not just bu the look but also feel. Is it worth the extra $400-$420? Probably not but that is up to the buyer to decide. If there are alternatives out there and people just plain like it, then that cheaper one would sell better. But if Dolce got the rights to the James Dean pics and you really want the hoody, you'd just have to get this one or screen print one, it's as simple as that.

Of course you pay for the name too and Dolce is probably paying royalties to use James Deans pic. The "no logo" argument, I thought to most that is a good thing? I thought most people doesn't want others to know that their stuff is expensive, as long as you know, that should be good enough. Now that's nothing agaisnt you, I am just saying that no logo is usually a plus. Dolce & Gabbana tends to be less logo-centric, they are more toned down for the most part with their branding. The brand shouldn't matter if you like it though. People seemed to like it before they found out about the price and brand, again it's a luxury purchase, it doesn't have to make sense. 

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

Dolce & Gabbana
NM or Saks should have it.
roll.gif
@ $450.
da nerve right?
laugh.gif
Are you guys still really surprised by this? 
roll.gif

Saw a 60 minutes episode where they showed the guy who owns the rights to James Dean image and that of several deceased celebs like marylin Monroe and fred Astaire. The guy gives the surviving relatives dimes and pockets millions. The families though think some money is better than nothing so they let hi Be the representative. So go ahead and buy that hoodie. You are making some billionaire vulture rich. That's just my op

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

Dolce & Gabbana
NM or Saks should have it.
roll.gif
@ $450.
da nerve right?
laugh.gif
Are you guys still really surprised by this? 
roll.gif

Saw a 60 minutes episode where they showed the guy who owns the rights to James Dean image and that of several deceased celebs like marylin Monroe and fred Astaire. The guy gives the surviving relatives dimes and pockets millions. The families though think some money is better than nothing so they let hi Be the representative. So go ahead and buy that hoodie. You are making some billionaire vulture rich. That's just my op

yea that's what I mean... it's just so out of the blue. This might be because I do not keep up with these sort of things, but never before would I have linked
Dolce & Gabbana + James Dean + Hoody = an actual $450 product.

but thats just me
laugh.gif

yea that's what I mean... it's just so out of the blue. This might be because I do not keep up with these sort of things, but never before would I have linked
Dolce & Gabbana + James Dean + Hoody = an actual $450 product.

but thats just me
laugh.gif

stopped reading right there.

Spoiler [+]
kiddin, i read, but you understand da way clothing companies work its all more of a presitige thing then a actual quality issue....

stopped reading right there.

Spoiler [+]
kiddin, i read, but you understand da way clothing companies work its all more of a presitige thing then a actual quality issue....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom