♔ ~~~~| Celebrites Rockin Heat (fly gear/Fly kicks) VOL. 3 | ~~~~ ♔

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair, Pana, that doesn't mean anything.

Having your picture taken with a rapper? Using urban culture to help sell your high-priced clothing line? None of this is evidence of the absence of racism. Those are just, "I have a black friend" moments. Plenty of racist people and corporations snuggle up to wealthy, token minorities and/or exploit them for their own advance under the guise of friendship. Coca Cola claims to the all about diversity and goes out of their way to flash an all-accepting corporate image, but then they purchase "public" water sources in South America and hire private militias to protect them, bottle the water up, and sell it back to the impoverished people to whom the resources belong in the first place, right? I'm sure the CEO of Coke has a bunch of pictures with people from those same countries.

All that said, the Tommy Hilfiger comments were a fabrication. They tried the same thing with Ralph Lauren by taking comments out of context. The person will be asked something like (all made up here, just paraphrasing) -

How do you feel about urban minorities wearing your clothes?

Then, the designer will reply something like -

I didn't design them with the intent to be worn that way, but people are incredibly inventive when it comes to fashion and it's great to see so many people embrace my visions with their own distinct flavors.

Then, somebody will detach the first clause from the rest of the sentence and claim the designer is racist.

Just keeping it 100, Pana. I don't think you meant it that way, just clearing the air.

BTW, I had that sweater and the flag rugby back in high school, plus the same sweater with the white lettering instead. Those were the days. Wearing a sweater, over a ruby, over a long sleeve. Guess carpenters, a Steep, and a pair of Timbs - or I preferred North Lakes or Vasque (sp?). Eastlands were for the Catholic school shorties!

and pretty boy hispanic dudes

Last edited:
and pretty boy hispanic dudes

Ha. Word.

I'm not going to front though, my style was more of the pretty boy myself. I had the Timberland prep hikers that looked like Eastlands, cut-wise, but had the olive canvas material on the upper

I wish there was an NT equivalent for Timbs because in addition to a ton of the 6" constructs, I had a ton of random hikers from, say, '93 - '99 that I loved. Many of them had a sneaker type feel to them - one pair even had a huarache-like inner sock thing. That might have been my favorite pair of boots ever.

But, back to the honeys in the Eastlands. Damn. I just remember sitting on the train with OE on my breath staring at a group of shorties rocking the short plaid skirts, with Eastlands, doorknockers, and Columbia Bugaboos. I'm scheming with the yellow Sony sports walkman with like "Reign of the Tec" on repeat or something and just having the dirtiest thoughts.

Last edited:

I wish there was an NT equivalent for Timbs because in addition to a ton of the 6" constructs, I had a ton of random hikers from, say, '93 - '99 that I loved. Many of them had a sneaker type feel to them - one pair even had a huarache-like inner sock thing. That might have been my favorite pair of boots ever.

But, back to the honeys in the Eastlands. Damn. I just remember sitting on the train with OE on my breath staring at a group of shorties rocking the short plaid skirts, with Eastlands, doorknockers, and Columbia Bugaboos. I'm scheming with the yellow Sony sports walkman with like "Reign of the Tec" on repeat or something and just having the dirtiest thoughts.

word to world hikers

and take heed this aint nothin you should laugh to/
ayo i'll shoot ya moms if i have to

Last edited:
Why would you listen to Beats at an Olympic Basketball game? :smh:

What kind of question is that? Other than preperation for a game or practice, it keeps people from continuously coming up and bothering them. They can just put on music and be to themself in a hectic environment

Ha. Word.
I'm not going to front though, my style was more of the pretty boy myself. I had the Timberland prep hikers that looked like Eastlands, cut-wise, but had the olive canvas material on the upper

I had the Eastlands cause moms wasn't gonna cop me the Timberland prep hikers, but those were the ones I really wanted. I didn't start copping Tims until I could afford them myself, which was college. Same with sneakers. If moms was paying, nothing at or over $100 was even in the question. Aside from that, DAAAAAMN, I remember those other Tims like 40 belows, Euro Hikers, and of course, these classics that became their own movement from like 98-2003 in NY:

To be fair, Pana, that doesn't mean anything.
Having your picture taken with a rapper? Using urban culture to help sell your high-priced clothing line? None of this is evidence of the absence of racism. Those are just, "I have a black friend" moments. Plenty of racist people and corporations snuggle up to wealthy, token minorities and/or exploit them for their own advance under the guise of friendship. Coca Cola claims to the all about diversity and goes out of their way to flash an all-accepting corporate image, but then they purchase "public" water sources in South America and hire private militias to protect them, bottle the water up, and sell it back to the impoverished people to whom the resources belong in the first place, right? I'm sure the CEO of Coke has a bunch of pictures with people from those same countries.
All that said, the Tommy Hilfiger comments were a fabrication. They tried the same thing with Ralph Lauren by taking comments out of context. The person will be asked something like (all made up here, just paraphrasing) -
How do you feel about urban minorities wearing your clothes?
Then, the designer will reply something like -

I didn't design them with the intent to be worn that way, but people are incredibly inventive when it comes to fashion and it's great to see so many people embrace my visions with their own distinct flavors.

Then, somebody will detach the first clause from the rest of the sentence and claim the designer is racist.
Just keeping it 100, Pana. I don't think you meant it that way, just clearing the air.
BTW, I had that sweater and the flag rugby back in high school, plus the same sweater with the white lettering instead. Those were the days. Wearing a sweater, over a ruby, over a long sleeve. Guess carpenters, a Steep, and a pair of Timbs - or I preferred North Lakes or Vasque (sp?). Eastlands were for the Catholic school shorties!

I wouldn't be surprised if alot of fashion designers and industry people were racist, but used minorities to gain financially from them, I was just trying to dispell the rumor that Tommy Hilfiger went on an interview and said that he never intended for the black community to embrace his clothing and wasn't happy about it. That's what was going around at the time and I found it funny that it still gets said in 2012. Whether he was racist or not, if he used Grand Puba to endorse his line, it shows that he wants sales in hip-hop and in the black community, so it wouldn't make any sense for him to make a statement like the one that was rumored. I've read interviews where Puba says Tommy gave him clothes early on to try to get his name out there so he probably did the same with a few other rap artists.

It's not like Bron is the only one though. Chandler, DWill, and Harden all have headphones in. And like someone said, probably stops people from coming up and hounding them..

People are still believing this rumor in 2012 :smh: ? It's been over a decade and people believe it blindly without even checking if it's true. For some reason people like making up lies about someone appearing on Oprah. Same thing happened when Ciara supposedly appeared on her show and revealed she was a hermaphrodite even though she's never been a guest on the show.
http://www.snopes.com/racial/business/hilfiger.asp

I didn't even know that was said on Oprah but its TV what do you expect, the only real thing on TV is sports the rest of it is make believe.

I am under the impression that he is a racist whether he took a couple pictures with a few black guys or not. If you choose not to believe that the fine that is your decision. The only person that really knows whether he is or not is Hilfiger himself.

^^ Oh and you can never go wrong with the Beef and Broccoli's :smokin

Last edited:
I know a spot with plenty of vintage timbs, bought a pair last year, funny thing is they retroed them at the same time, lol.

:x Can't wait till they go on sale.
This. No way I'm spending $120 for a Nike sweatshirt. Even though it's probably the nicest one I've seen them make. I could buy a nice sweater from JCrew for $50 less.

Also, Maria Menounos is beautiful.

Ha. Word.

Damn BIP, we REALLY due for that drink.

Beatnuts are probably my 2nd favorite group. I've actually kicked it with them. They are truly insane.

I still wear those Timbs you posted. 7 Eye Moc Toe is my go to boot every winter. I have them in multiple colors, but the 2 tone Canvas joints are my favorite.

I believe I also had both pairs coctaso posted. The pair on the left I had in all Brown. I believe those were the updated 40 Belows. This was around '93 I believe. I never had the OGs. I didn't have my own resources when they were hot.

And the pair on the right I had in a darker smooth leather.

Had so many Timbs over the years it's crazy. Agreed it would be dope if there was an online resource with all the Timbs over the years. i remember the High Cut "Beef and Brocs" also being a favorite.

I won't get into how I got them all........

8)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom