∞HBO: "True Detective: Night Country" (Late 2023)...Season 4 Set in Alaska…Starring Jodie Foster…Barry Jenkins Producing∞

How would you grade Season II of "True Detective" ?

• A

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • B

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • C

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • D

Votes: 10 20.0%
  • F

Votes: 8 16.0%

• Total voters
A few things that still have me scratching my head.....

After letting last nights episode sink in, Paul's death really was some wack ****. I think we all saw it coming, but for buddy to be posted up in the corner at the exact exit that he took was way too convenient. Out of all the tunnel exits, how did he know it was gonna be that one? Weaksauce.

Especially after it was stated that the tunnels lead to all parts of the city, and he just happens to be at the exact exit to take Paul out? :rolleyes

Last edited:
A few things that still have me scratching my head.....

-who was the hippie cat that kidnapped Ani and is he important to the story somehow?

-Ani's dad has always seemed shady--I wonder if he will have any further involvement in how the story unfolds? I'm guessing he was just a red herring.

-Frank's wife has always seemed suspect. I'd be surprised if she wasn't somehow involved in all this.

After letting last nights episode sink in, Paul's death really was some wack ****. I think we all saw it coming, but for buddy to be posted up in the corner at the exact exit that he took was way too convenient. Out of all the tunnel exits, how did he know it was gonna be that one? Weaksauce.

Hippie cat was a flashback to when ani was sexually assaulted when she was little in the woods.

I have a feeling franks wife is involved somehow or knew about the dealings.

Great episode. :pimp:

He knew which exit Paul was coming out of because he was tracking Paul's phone.

Velcoro and Bezzerides had burner phones but Paul was using his personal

Someone is definitely shady out if anis dad, franks wife or Colin's ex. Anis dad is really creepy I feel like he had involvement in her kidnapping

Last edited:

U can still track a phone that has no service under the tunnels?

If they don't explain how the dirty cop tracked Paul to that exit I'll assume they microwaved another ending. The tracking of the phone is believable maybe the signal was going in and out

The two guys at the club rufie'd him and then he ended up at the place of the guy who he was in the military with. Can we assume they were in on it, or simply just in on rufie'ing somebody they liked ... and from there Woodrow went to the military dudes place (and Dixon simply followed him and took those pictures, without having any connection to those two guys from the club)?

Last edited:
Yaw do realize Vinci is SMALL (around 300 residents) and there probably aren't too many exits from those tunnels right?

Not to mention, it isn't absolutely clear if he kills the Chief (he's only shown gun butting him), so he easily could've radioed over to Burris in which direction Paul was headed. 

Let's not overthink this....

They met up at the hall of records for Los Angeles. They were in downtown LA not Vinci.

Yaw do realize Vinci is SMALL (around 300 residents) and there probably aren't too many exits from those tunnels right?

Not to mention, it isn't absolutely clear if he kills the Chief (he's only shown gun butting him), so he easily could've radioed over to Burris in which direction Paul was headed. 

Let's not overthink this....
Did you think they were in Vinci? Vinci looks nothing like the place he went to meet up

Even if it was Vinci, to end up at he exact exit is not that plausible without help of tracking gps. They even told Paul the tunnels run throughout the city, if it was Vinci that still wouldn't be that small for dirty cop to be waiting at the exact exit Paul used

Last edited:

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Nice clear recap of the storyline earlier.

• Frank starts destroying clubs because Osip now owns them and Frank is setting up to rob the Russians and the Vinci heads during a big money drop off to finalize the railway deal. Frank will probably have Nails at his side because he ordered two of everything in a supplies list, two AK-47s, etc.

Nails edging for that Finals MVP award in the finale. :smokin

latest

U can still track a phone that has no service under the tunnels?

I thought he used the no signal excuse to buy time and get close enough to disarm Chief Holloway

:lol: there could b LULZ in the sports forum putting last years Knicks games on there, cause I'm sure that's how their fans reacted like Marty

Woodrugh.
tired.gif

Absolutely beasted to get out of the tunnels, only to get got by that scumbag vamp Franklin on some The Departed steez.
mean.gif

That scene right afterwards with his girl in the motel...right in the feels.
frown.gif

Episode was LIT.
pimp.gif

Season has been uneven at times but has really picked up the last few episodes.

But in the end, I suspect this season will be similar to The Wire season 2 where it was held to a standard it was never gonna match but in time will ultimately hold up well in the totality of the series. Be it 4-5-6 seasons, whatever. 2 could be the "low-point" but still be really solid as a standalone.

I think you're 100% right on this. Some people might be disappointed now, but when it's all said and done...quality is quality.

Ray's ex wife is breathtaking. Jesus Christ.

Yeah, she's hot...Frank's girl though. Goooood Gravy...sexy personified.

I need to quit smoking before I watch shows like this. Don't even remember a Birdman being mentioned.

Back
Top Bottom