∞HBO: "True Detective: Night Country" (Late 2023)...Season 4 Set in Alaska…Starring Jodie Foster…Barry Jenkins Producing∞

How would you grade Season II of "True Detective" ?

• A

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • B

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • C

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • D

Votes: 10 20.0%
  • F

Votes: 8 16.0%

• Total voters
Near the end with the dead VC whispering to Hays, theres a dead guy in a suit who looked a lot like Roland so I thought he didnt make it to 2015. But in the EP5 preview, Roland is alive and just old in 2015. So who was in the suit whispering along with the dead VC because he really stood out?

Thought that too...But remember the cousin / uncle mysteriously disappeared in 1990 and his body was found in a drained quarry in the 2015 timeline...Could very we’ll be him...

Very interesting. I'm trying to read more into that dinner scene. Obvs it shows how their relationship has evolved over the years, but Amelia was also suspiciously quiet when it was her turn to talk about herself.

Also... Mom Purcell... her guilt at the end of the conversation... cuz she was a bad mom or cuz she had something to do with the kids??? :nerd:

Last edited:
I thought he had a rocket launcher also in his stash.

Good episode

When Hays went to the interviewers spot I was wondering if it was because he thought his son was there.

I was sort of shocked Henry became a cop.

“That prison rape has been your real go to lately...”

“Care to tell me something?”

:lol:

:lol:

Hell of a cliffhanger at the end of last night's episode

- I don't like the Attorney General Kindt guy at all...very suspicious of him

- I feel like the old lady they were questioning was being deceptive...like the "black man with a dead eye" wasn't really who bought the dolls

- Roland is getting closer to Tom and that makes me feel as if he has motivation to wrap up this case in a hasty manner in order to give closure to the family...Hays indicated that he and Roland had a disagreement about Julie's status in 1980

That claymore def doing some damage. **** em :lol

Not sure if mentioned but its good to see gordon from halt and catch fire.

Yoppas at every window and the claymore at the door? Trash guy had time that day! :eek :lol

Aside from the obvious cliffhanger, it seems like things are about to pick up some.

DyBQ1a0UUAE48_M.jpg

David Milch :pimp:

I actually feel when we give it some time, that is gonna be a classic scene.

When son saw those cars coming and he took off his shoes and started booking it :wow::rofl:

I need a whole gif of all that running. He was ready for them to pull up
Son is everywhere though :lol: Much appreciated

Anyone see the image on the reporters laptop in the 2015 timeline for next week's episode? It's an article saying former caps stop alleged serial killer with photos of Rust and Marty.

Doubt that's just an easter egg, so S1 & S3 in the same universe?
The Ringer dudes theorized that the seasons were in the same universe after the first episode. Similar timelines and locations.

Certainly could just be an easter egg, but who knows.

Very interesting. I'm trying to read more into that dinner scene. Obvs it shows how their relationship has evolved over the years, but Amelia was also suspiciously quiet when it was her turn to talk about herself.

Also... Mom Purcell... her guilt at the end of the conversation... cuz she was a bad mom or cuz she had something to do with the kids??? :nerd:

You should watch that show dude post in the thread that recaps the episodes. Very informative

Another good episode. Really liking this season so far. I think it was the creepy fat dude at the church. He popped up in 2 scenes. Just a blind guess really. That or a big conspiracy that is run through the church and the whole town is in on some child-sex ring or something and one kid got killed by accident (the brother) and they all just kept it quiet.

Its strange knowing you watch the middle time line knowing nothing gets resolved, since you know in the future that its still not solved.

I definitely think the mom has something to do with it. She was probably involved with someone higher up at Hoyt. The pedophile ring runs through that company

Also thinking Amelia may be a red herring. I don’t think she had anything to do with the crime but rather had a falling out with Hays and she still haunts his memories.

When she says “finish it”, I think she’s referring to her book. That will be the “break” Hays needs in 2015 to solve it

Hell of a cliffhanger at the end of last night's episode

- I don't like the Attorney General Kindt guy at all...very suspicious of him

- I feel like the old lady they were questioning was being deceptive...like the "black man with a dead eye" wasn't really who bought the dolls

- Roland is getting closer to Tom and that makes me feel as if he has motivation to wrap up this case in a hasty manner in order to give closure to the family...Hays indicated that he and Roland had a disagreement about Julie's status in 1980

I threw my hands up in disgust when the epi ended :lol: I wanted to see it go down.

Something fishy with the priest. And I still think Wayne's wife is sketchy :nerd: .

That claymore def doing some damage. **** em :lol:

You put some respect on the gawd Scoot's name! Mans been outchea. He bout to murk half of Mexico in the next season of Narcos.

Back
Top Bottom