∞HBO: "True Detective: Night Country" (Late 2023)...Season 4 Set in Alaska…Starring Jodie Foster…Barry Jenkins Producing∞

How would you grade Season II of "True Detective" ?

• A

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • B

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • C

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • D

Votes: 10 20.0%
  • F

Votes: 8 16.0%

• Total voters
My theory is that Hays knows who did it but because of his memory loss he's trying to recover his thoughts through the book his wife wrote (which she wrote to actually help him remember in the future)

Last episode was trash, hate to say it.

Starting to dislike the pace of the season now. Only 3 episodes left and storyline has barely moved the since beginning of this season.

I remember seeing some early critics saying the season tapers off badly 2nd half of the season, that's def seems to be true now

Wouldn't call it trash but I agree at the pacing.

They need a good secondary story.

Wondering if the person they killed is Dan O'Brien. The blonde reporter did say they found his bones

My theory is that Hays knows who did it but because of his memory loss he's trying to recover his thoughts through the book his wife wrote (which she wrote to actually help him remember in the future)
She was working on that book before Hays had any sign of a memory problem or underlying condition.

Slight reach to say she wrote it intending for him to remember in the future.

She was working on that book before Hays had any sign of a memory problem or underlying condition.

Slight reach to say she wrote it intending for him to remember in the future.
Agreed.

I do tend to think Hays knows though.

Nah she definitely did the book for her.. and I'm fairly certain she's going cause some serious stuff for hays because of the content and her using/divulging things she wouldn't/shouldn't have known and it blows back on him so he wants nothing to do with the back and it destroys their relationship

And that's why he never reads it, because he wants nothing to do with it.. then she dies and he doesn't want the bad memories

There’s a scene in episode 2 I believe where Hays is speaking with the teacher/ his wife and a white guy In a brown car calls her name. (I rewatched the episodes for any clues) only significant one I could find

Old lady who makes the dolls mentionedshe saw an interracial couple In a brown car. Many would assume black man white woman but it’s a white man with a black woman (teacher/ hays wife)

She knew the kids were getting sexually harassed by the father (peeping Tom hole in the wall) and saved the kids. Not sure how the boy died though but the sister placed his arms in that fashion because she went to church with him.

There’s a scene in episode 2 I believe where Hays is speaking with the teacher/ his wife and a white guy In a brown car calls her name. (I rewatched the episodes for any clues) only significant one I could find

Old lady who makes the dolls mentionedshe saw an interracial couple In a brown car. Many would assume black man white woman but it’s a white man with a black woman (teacher/ hays wife)

She knew the kids were getting sexually harassed by the father (peeping Tom hole in the wall) and saved the kids. Not sure how the boy died though but the sister placed his arms in that fashion because she went to church with him.

The peeping hole was the cousin from the way they are framing it not the father.

Season has been slow but the acting has been god-tier. Didnt like how seasons 1 and 2 ended so i dont have my hopes up, but I’m looking forward the remaining episodes.

Hays’ wife definitely is a bigger correlation to what’s happened. There’s no other reason why she should be featured so prominently in the storytelling.

She said herself that she as a “bit of a mess”. Shorty probably was mad understating.

Yup.. she wayyy too interested/invested in this whole thing

Dinner scene was very telling about what she really cares about and the lengths she'll go

Hunters in the Dark

Wayne and Roland revisit discrepancies in the Purcell case that were hidden or forgotten, and take another look at Tom Purcell and Lucy's cousin, Dan O'Brien; the glitter of Amelia's book release is tarnished by a voice from the past.

Finally caught up I was a couples eps behind. Show is gaining steam :nthat:

The final scene in episode 5 between Hays and Roland on the porch was great.

Back
Top Bottom