∞HBO: "True Detective: Night Country" (Late 2023)...Season 4 Set in Alaska…Starring Jodie Foster…Barry Jenkins Producing∞

How would you grade Season II of "True Detective" ?

• A

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • B

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • C

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • D

Votes: 10 20.0%
  • F

Votes: 8 16.0%

• Total voters
So the name on the gardener truck is the same last name of the boy who gave the info on the dolls...interesting

Yeah, very interesting. Once I saw that shot of the landscape guy from the room Amelia was in, I knew that had to matter.

The way this is playing out, it seems like it could be connected to S1. Pretty damn creepy.

fwg7tsruuuf21.jpg

Hmmm 8 episodes total for the season, probably order HBO for the month of March and watch the entire series.

Wow, what an episode. I was wondering why they had the shot of the gardener, but he's Mike?! Whoa.

And dead-eye man is Mr. X!

Also, that bit with Tom screaming like he was transforming/mutating seemed really weird.

Need to watch the breakdowns now.

Last edited:
Sooooo we thinking Roland and Tom had a relationship? I mean, when Roland picked him up from the bar, Tom crashed at his place right

Roland was pretty sensitive about the queer underground stuff

Thought this same thing! Right away I thought Tom & Harris James might have something going on.

Last edited:
I could see the Roland thing and obviously would explain the no wife and kids thing

Also dude knowing the politics of stuff of the game and how to get ahead. and I think he told Hays to hold off on stuff

Just watched.

Man....I gotta run this episode back again.

Sheesh. :lol:

Did someone else write ep 6 bcs this one did the best job of using the different time frames to tell the story. There was no redundancy when the time changed from the 80s, 90s, & 2015 like in previous eps. Very linear story. Hope the story telling is as good as this in eps 7 & 8.

Last edited:
so what's the connection with hoyt and the missing girl?
so the mom was paid for julie?

so what's the connection with hoyt and the missing girl?
so the mom was paid for julie?

Couple episodes ago the basis for that got laid out...Hoyt lost his granddaughter and set up that foundation that posted a reward...Assumption at this point is the white woman in the car was Hoyt’s Daughter and the one eyed black man was probably a Hoyt factory worker...They groomed the kids and it’s looking like the sister was abducted as a replacement granddaughter / daughter to to Hoyt’s...

Mom got paid to look the other way basically, but apparently shared that info with the cousin / lover at some point after the fact...Was probably trying to blackmail the Hoyt’s for more cash and she was killed in a way that looked like an OD...Cousin / lover went low key after this as Wayne told him he was a hard man to find in the 1990 timeline...Popped his head up looking to get paid for the info when he caught wind that the case was open again...

Still no clue why the brother was killed at this point...

The highway patrol officer who was close to Mr. Hoyt planeted the jacket and backpack under the porch after the shootout and was given the high paying laid back job of Security Director for the Hoyt’s a year after the kidnapping / murder...

Last edited:
Lucy pimped out her daughter to Hoyt?

Kind of I guess...

I think the kids, sister in particular, were picked out to be a replacement for the granddaughter/ daughter that they Hoyt’s lost...Lucy knew what was going on and got paid out to look the other way...Circled back around later with the blackmail attempt that got her killed...

Last edited:
Kind of I guess...

I think the kids, sister in particular, were picked out to be a replacement for the granddaughter/ daughter that the Hoyt’s lost...Lucy knew what was going on and got paid out to look the other way...Circled back around later with a blackmail attempt that got her killed...
Yeah perhaps "pimped" was not quite the right term to use. She was definitely trying to get (more) bread from Hoyt though and ended up getting worked.

Couple episodes ago the basis for that got laid out...Hoyt lost his granddaughter and set up that foundation that posted a reward...Assumption at this point is the white woman in the car was Hoyt’s Daughter and the one eyed black man was probably a Hoyt factory worker...They groomed the kids and it’s looking like the sister was abducted as a replacement granddaughter / daughter to to Hoyt’s...

Mom got paid to look the other way basically, but apparently shared that info with the cousin / lover at some point after the fact...Was probably trying to blackmail the Hoyt’s for more cash and she was killed in a way that looked like an OD...Cousin / lover went low key after this as Wayne told him he was a hard man to find in the 1990 timeline...Popped his head up looking to get paid for the info when he caught wind that the case was open again...

The highway patrol officer who was close to Mr. Hoyt planeted the jacket and backpack under the porch after the shootout and was given the high paying laid back job of Security Director for the Hoyt’s a year after the kidnapping / murder...

My guess is Will saw something in Devil's Den that he shouldn't have.

Back
Top Bottom