∞HBO: "True Detective: Night Country" (Late 2023)...Season 4 Set in Alaska…Starring Jodie Foster…Barry Jenkins Producing∞

How would you grade Season II of "True Detective" ?

• A

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • B

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • C

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • D

Votes: 10 20.0%
  • F

Votes: 8 16.0%

• Total voters
Still a little dubious how a group of genius level men just collectively decided to walk deep out into the ice naked.

The corpsicle is still hilarious. I would've just been in the fetal position myself.

The most mid ending ever, eye rolls when the rest of the women came out when the "story" was being told, also so corny and contrived during ep 1 when she says "were just some cleaning ladies" uhuh

Too scared to go full supernatural and real world eplanation.....

High level complaints:

Never explained Petes commitment to Danvers, sorry I know he was crooked, a ****, abusive, still dudes Dad and keep in mind he pretty much put Danvers above his wife

The trailer was a huge gap left unfulfilled, dude had a stuffed animal made to look like his ex, mad weird

Lesbian daughters squeeze, what happened after she peeled out :lol:

Mayor / Danvers old boss? Teacher that led her to the clue of where to find the DNA ect?

Old operator for Tsalal , (nomad that dipped) He in the ice too?

I don't need everything explained to me but if you start a thread you should at least be prepared to finish it. Too many loose ones here.

Overall, I still place this above season 2 but ending is a distant worst

So was that actually Navarro at the end or just a duppy? Since other cast members have been seeing dead people throughout the season, I wouldn't be surprised if it was. Just curious if she got that monkey off her back, or if she was destined to kill herself no matter what.

Is it crazy that regular people were able to understand the data these genius scientist collected? Danvers could barely understand the guy trying to explain the findings, so we're to believe Annie, and those cleaning women looked through the data and figured everything out?

What is the correlation between the cleaning women and the cult from S1?

I'll add t the missing questions:

So who/what caused heiss to lose his mind?
Did the injured scientist in the hospital actually speak to navarro?

I'll add t the missing questions:

So who/what caused heiss to lose his mind?
Did the injured scientist in the hospital actually speak to navarro?
heroin?
losing all his colleagues and only friends?depression from their life’s work being destroyed?

i think the whole series shows that navarro was actually connected to the spirit world but thought she was just schizophrenic like her family. which means maybe they weren’t actually schizophrenic.

That's why I said that was pretty much the best part of season four. Jodie was acting in episode six though.

I was laughing at them totally going against the tone of the whole show with that indigenous female revenge plot. It was so out of the blue. I think that was the first time I laughed during the entire show.

Plus I'm wondering who folded their clothes, since they just took them off. The women were so nice that after they took their clothes off they folded them and made everything nice and neat :rolleyes

The revenge plot wasn’t out of the blue at all. :lol: One of the main threads of the show was the locals protesting the damage to their land and people—stillborn births, contaminated water, etc.

Also, look up paradoxical undressing. Explains the scientists taking their clothes off and the neatly folded clothes. I’m almost certain they explained this in the show too.

cant say that I'm disappointed cause I kept losing interest with each episode. I was ALL the way in after the premiere and thought we were in for a banger, but the show just kept losing steam as it progressed. Alaska was the perfect setting too. what a bummer.

The revenge plot wasn’t out of the blue at all. :lol: One of the main threads of the show was the locals protesting the damage to their land and people—stillborn births, contaminated water, etc.

Also, look up paradoxical undressing. Explains the scientists taking their clothes off and the neatly folded clothes. I’m almost certain they explained this in the show too.

Am I being trolled? Did you even watch the episode, series? Because it sounds like no, and you're just after attention.

Some of you are just weird

Am I being trolled? Did you even watch the episode, series? Because it sounds like no, and you're just after attention.

Some of you are just weird

Was a common point of contention in the show the beef between the indigenous locals and the industry in the area? So much so that damn near every episode touched on it? Yes or no?

Sure, that angle wasn’t what most were expecting (or wanting). But that doesn’t mean that it went against the tone of the show. Locals vs. industry was quite literally an overarching theme of this season. Did you watch it? :lol:

Was a common point of contention in the show the beef between the indigenous locals and the industry in the area? So much so that damn near every episode touched on it? Yes or no?

Sure, that angle wasn’t what most were expecting (or wanting). But that doesn’t mean that it went against the tone of the show. Locals vs. industry was quite literally an overarching theme of this season. Did you watch it? :lol:

So protesting is equal to running up in a place killing people?

and did you see the dudes take off their clothes and walk off :stoneface:

The women taking revenge seemed responsible to me. Few plot holes but otherwise cool.

I just think they didn't set it up/foreshadow it probably

The little they did was with again some supernatural angle

I liked the finale and season as a whole. I truly dont understand the hate, but I guess thats better for me. Its always better to lay back and enjoy the show and not try to nitpick everything like people always do. Not everything needs to make perfect sense

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom