╬:::OFFICIAL CLEVELAND CAVALIERS 2013 Season Thread::: ╬ Cavs Win 2013 #1 Draft Pick in Lottery!!!!

Brandon Roy drawing interest
Updated: July 3, 2012, 3:46 PM ET
ESPN.com news services

NaN
Email
Print

CLEVELAND -- A person familiar with the situation tells the Associated Press that the Cleveland Cavaliers are interested in free agent guard Brandon Roy, who is attempting a comeback.

NBA Free Agency

NBA NBA free agency is under way and ESPN.com has you covered with all the latest deals, trades and potential moves.
Free agents | Trade Targets | RC Insider

• Insider: Free-agent PER rankings Insider
• More: TrueHoop | Trade Machine

The Cavs have not yet set up a visit with Roy, said the person who spoke on the condition of anonymity because the sides are only in preliminary discussions. Roy, a three-time All-Star, announced his retirement last season after five seasons with Portland because of chronic knee problems. After sitting out the lockout-condensed season, Roy wants to try and resume his once promising NBA career.

The Minnesota Timberwolves and other teams have also expressed an interest in Roy.

Roy and his representatives have spoken to members of the Chicago Bulls' staff as well, sources told ESPN.com. Yahoo! Sports reported on Saturday that the Bulls were one of four finalists for Roy's services.

The 27-year-old Roy averaged 19 points, 4.3 rebounds and 4.7 assists in 321 games. He was the No. 6 overall pick in the 2006 draft.

ESPNLosAngeles' Ramon Shelburne, ESPNChicago's Nick Friedell and The Associated Press contributed to this report.

i swear if we pay Roy some crazy amount without having even gone at a guy like Batum...

y'all got a bright future with Irving man....kid can play...hopefully the Waiters pick pays off...

B Roy
pimp.gif

Cavaliers Claim 2nd Year F Jon Leuer Off Waivers

628x471.jpg

CLEVELAND -- The Cleveland Cavaliers claimed forward Jon Leuer off waivers from the Houston Rockets on Friday.

Leuer averaged 4.7 points and 2.6 rebounds in 46 games as a rookie last season for Milwaukee. The 6-foot-10, 228-pound Leuer started 12 games, averaging 7.7 points and 3.3 rebounds. He was traded to Houston last month and was waived by the Rockets on Wednesday.

Leuer, the 40th overall selection in the 2011 draft, played four seasons in college at Wisconsin and was selected first-team All-Big Ten as a senior after averaging 18.3 points and 7.2 rebounds per game.

Solid player that will come off the bench.

This team is gonna be very fun to watch. Nothing to lose and we have potential just gotta see how we play.

:pimp:

VERY YOUNG & TALENTED

Heading into just his second season, Tristan Thompson is already thinking about a leadership role on the Cavaliers.

“I think I need to take a bigger leadership role,” Thompson said Tuesday while in Las Vegas for the NBA Summer League. “(With) Kyrie and myself coming in here we’ve got a lot of young guys so we’re almost like the veterans.

“We’ve got to come in here and show them the ropes, show them right from wrong, really build chemistry.”

Thompson plans to stay in Cleveland this summer to work with teammates and the Cavaliers coaching staff.

Via Holly MacKenzie/Canadian Press

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...ssume_Leadership_Role_With_Cavs#ixzz21eifaCK2

Jeremy Pargo, eh?

I really liked Kennedy but its cool. having Pargo, a 2nd round pick in 2014, and cash i think will help us a great deal.

he can attack the rim i see and has a nice handle..

do you guys think he's better than Flynn who we were also looking at?

Heading into just his second season, Tristan Thompson is already thinking about a leadership role on the Cavaliers.

“I think I need to take a bigger leadership role,” Thompson said Tuesday while in Las Vegas for the NBA Summer League. “(With) Kyrie and myself coming in here we’ve got a lot of young guys so we’re almost like the veterans.

“We’ve got to come in here and show them the ropes, show them right from wrong, really build chemistry.”

Thompson plans to stay in Cleveland this summer to work with teammates and the Cavaliers coaching staff.

Via Holly MacKenzie/Canadian Press

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...ssume_Leadership_Role_With_Cavs#ixzz21eifaCK2

this is really cool to hear. i think his personality and his game made him such an attractive pick for the cavs. I saw this FTs improve last season along with his jumper which was downright terrible when the season started. i like his improvements though.

With the season being released do you guys want to pick a game and have a summit or something of that nature this season?

The Cavs will compete this year course up's and down's but im sure its gonna be a team that people will def look out for we have stocked all these draft picks going into next year we should be able to make a push into the playoffs but i did say that the cavs will win 20 games... im gonna say they will improve to win 30 this year coming up long as everyone kno there role

i gotta get something off my chest

cavs-kid.jpg

I still don't agree with the Dion Waiters pick.

I'm really hoping he's gonna be a star but it's just hard to see

and i see like Barnes ballin and Jeremy Lamb looking like everything i know he'll be at the NBA level *(I guarantee he will start over Lin by the end of the season)

its just disappointing seeing Waiters coming in out of shape.

Definitely understand, and believe me I expected them to take Barnes given MKG/Beal went 2&3.

I was very surprised but am still optimistic that Grant & Scott know something we don't.

We just gotta see how we play this upcoming year. I'm very excited to see this young squad.

We potentially have our future SG & C to go along with a PF (TT) that hopefully can step up and have a bigger role.

We already know Uncle Drew is the truth

Last edited:
20120409_miles.jpg

Unrestricted free agent small forward C.J. Miles has agreed to terms with the Cleveland Cavaliers, a league source told The Salt Lake Tribune on Friday.

Miles is expected to sign a two-year deal with Cleveland and compete for a starting spot during the 2012-13 season.

Miles, 25, drew interest from several teams during free agency, including the Los Angeles Lakers, Dallas, Milwaukee and Houston. His growing bond with Cavaliers coach Byron Scott and the opportunity Cleveland presented him heavily factored into his decision.

"He's so happy," the source said.

The 6-foot-6, 222-pound Miles averaged 8.4 points, 2.2 rebounds and 1.3 assists for Utah from 2005-12, playing in 389 games (159 starts). His best season was 2010-11, when he set career highs in average points (12.8), rebounds (3.3) and minutes (25.2).

Miles is expected to team with 2011-12 NBA rookie of the year Kyrie Irving in Cleveland's backcourt, while playing alongside young athletes such as Tristan Thompson, Dion Waiters and Tyler Zeller.

Cleveland topped Miles' list of preferred destinations when free agency started July 1. The seven-year veteran will now join a rebuilding Cavaliers club he "always wanted to sign with," the source said.

Brian T. Smith

We would absolutely love to have Bymum.

If only the bastard said hed come back.

Can't risk draft picks and a few players for possibly one season

With Bynum coming off his first healthy season (albeit abbreviated

If i were him i'd sign a max deal RIGHT NOW.

look around at some of the big men that fade out of the game, its like they always expect to play longer than they do.

hopefully he's just making sure his $ is right

With Bynum coming off his first healthy season (albeit abbreviated
If i were him i'd sign a max deal RIGHT NOW.
look around at some of the big men that fade out of the game, its like they always expect to play longer than they do.
hopefully he's just making sure his $ is right

True........And I think the idea that he wouldn't re-sign with Cleveland is way overblown, IMO just some reporters trying to link drew's situation to Dwight's. I honestly don't think drew cares where he plays

Back
Top Bottom