⚽️The Footy Thread: German Super Cup, International Champions Cup, Copa Libertadores

Status
Not open for further replies.
what a class header :lol:

speaking of MLS...

Columbus Crew ownership trollin their supporters as they move :lol:

That Austin FC badge is the most generic logo ever. Looking like a create a team logo

I appreciate them not using United or Real Austin or something like that.

I don't think it'd be out of line having Viera in a list of best foreigners to play in them Prem,he's one of the most accomplished MF's ever in England. He's probably the best foreign MF to have played in the league

The Gunner love
crying_obama.jpg

Arsene was a bad man once upon a time...

I don't think it'd be out of line having Viera in a list of best foreigners to play in them Prem,he's one of the most accomplished MF's ever in England. He's probably the best foreign MF to have played in the league

No what I was saying is would one consider him "better" or higher on the list than Kun? If I said Viera was higher on the list than Kun would that be too biased? For me the list would be 1. Thierry, 2. Bergkamp, 3. Cantona, 4. Ronnie, 5. Viera, 6. Ji Sung Park... :D

Oh believe me - a Portuguese, a Spaniard, and an Italian going to play in England is absolutely a foreigner. It’s basically the North Pole.
I definitely understand, from my football lensI don't see them as foreigners in the UK, but an Englishmen in Spain seems foreign lol

No what I was saying is would one consider him "better" or higher on the list than Kun? If I said Viera was higher on the list than Kun would that be too biased? For me the list would be 1. Thierry, 2. Bergkamp, 3. Cantona, 4. Ronnie, 5. Viera, 6. Ji Sung Park... :D

Good list....

Except I think Ronnie and Cantona can fight for that 3rd spot. Both were at United a short time but Ronnie won the Champions League.

I’d also consider putting Luis Suarez on the list (he was there a short time too and he’s a POS) but that 2013 Liverpool campaign he played was out of this world.

So mine would be

1) Henry
2) Bergkamp
3) Ronnie
4) Cantona
5) Viera
6) Luis Suarez
7) Memphis Depay

:rofl: at Memphis...man, dudes in here were spamming man crush pics of him and calling him the next Ronaldo before he had even played a Premier League match

I definitely understand, from my football lensI don't see them as foreigners in the UK, but an Englishmen in Spain seems foreign lol

Yea, Bale is still a foreigner whose been at Real Madrid for 5 years and still can’t speak a lick of Spanish yet. :lol:

I love Bale but come onnnnn bro, Beckham learned Spanish quickly, why can’t you!

No love for Drogba, Kanu, Yaya, Essien???

Well of course they’d be on the list if we continued, but we don’t have all day here. :lol:

The most important thing is tho is that as good as Kun is, he’s not sniffing top ten. That was a terrible take.

Yea, Bale is still a foreigner whose been at Real Madrid for 5 years and still can’t speak a lick of Spanish yet. :lol:

I love Bale but come onnnnn bro, Beckham learned Spanish quickly, why can’t you!
I think Bale gave up on Spanish

I remember Jordi Alba telling Kovacic to learn how to speak Spanish and it turns out Kova actually speaks Spanish and like 5 other languages

I thought foreigner was a weird way to specify considering there’s quite a few EPL greats are foreigners but still Europeans so the list is so long. If they specified as like best South American to play in the league or best non-European that would’ve made a little more sense. Best foreigner period is wayyy too broad.

I don’t know about certainly...I think a argument can be made for Aguero ahead of Drogba. Not saying Drogba isn’t a great because obviously he is

Good list....

Except I think Ronnie and Cantona can fight for that 3rd spot. Both were at United a short time but Ronnie won the Champions League.

I’d also consider putting Luis Suarez on the list (he was there a short time too and he’s a POS) but that 2013 Liverpool campaign he played was out of this world.

So mine would be

1) Henry
2) Bergkamp
3) Ronnie
4) Cantona
5) Viera
6) Luis Suarez
7) Memphis Depay

Reading down the list and got to the bottom like

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Kun too sometimey & broken too much...
While true his goal record and ratio still stands up and bests some of the greats including Drogba depsite time he missed due to injury.

Also I’d take into consideration that he was able to put together such a great record despite some of his best years being with a striking partner no matter or l it was Tevez, Balotelli, Dzeko or Negredo he split with he still came through.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom