⚽️The Footy Thread: German Super Cup, International Champions Cup, Copa Libertadores

Status
Not open for further replies.
Floretin Pogba finna walk out on his team in the middle of a game again.

Another thing to add is that Madrid has the rest of the season to evaluate if they’re good at that position with Vinicius, and if he continues playing at this level then they’re not desperate like they were a few months ago. Tbh if both Hazard and Vini aren’t versatile enough to effectively play any position other than LW, I don’t really see the point in even getting Hazard. Unless the sum of the transfer fee and wages is that much of an irresistible bargain.
this is true but you will have to buy someone else or prepare to not win the league again next season too. mbappe and neymar aren't coming next summer.
that's a lot of responsibility for a 19 year old.

this is true but you will have to buy someone else or prepare to not win the league again next season too. mbappe and neymar aren't coming next summer.
that's a lot of responsibility for a 19 year old.

I’m cool with playing the long-term game and trying to be the team with the most CLs in the 2020s. But of course I’m not a die-hard who lives in Madrid, or a member of the front office that might feel pressure.

One thing to note though is that since the thrashing in the Clasico, Real have slightly edged Barca on points.

My indifference to Hazard has to do with him effectively removing Vinicius from the starting XI, or displacing him onto the right side, instead of developing him and letting him grow into a potential superstar. He’s already gotten a taste for being a focal point and a starter, who has been passing all the tests. How do you make him be ok with potentially sitting on the bench now? I’d rather keep him happy, to also ensure relations don’t sour and make sure he’s a RM lifer.

There was one match Kova had a few years ago where I was convinced he’d become a beast. He was also awesome under Zidane in that memorable B-team as a fairly unique dribbling CDM. Then I think it was the supercup clasicos he shone in as well, doing a solid job of man-marking Messi. He picked up an injury after hitting that high and never seemed to reach that level again.

His loan has been great for the likes of Llorente and Ceballos though

Kova is like Modric and raki but doesn’t do what either can nearly as well.

Imo he left inter way too early and stunted his development at Madrid.
He rode the bench for a lot of games and seems time is passing him by.
overall his move to madrid was a mistake. that's why he wanted out so badly this summer

Last edited:
I thought they’d be posts about it but I guess not.... Ronnie 34 today

Cálmate cálmate

Crazy how 34 meant old/washed for so many players. Just to name a few recent world class players at that age:

Henry at 34 was in the Red Bulls

Ronaldinho in Mexico

Rooney been washed, 33 now

Zidane won the Golden Ball in the World Cup, but was definitely looked at as old and subsequently retired

Iniesta in Japan

Xavi was still at Barca, moved to Saudi Arabia at 35

Old man Pirlo was still at Juve, playing well from what I recall

Drogba moved to China

Zlatan played his last season in PSG. Was still a beast with 50 goals. Moved to Man U the season after

Eto’o was washed
————

I think what sets Ronaldo apart from even the few who weren’t washed, like Zlatan and Pirlo, is that dude still seems young. He’s still athletic and mobile. He looked insanely spry last summer in the World Cup.

Statistically he’s having a bit of a slowdown compared to his godly strike rate he ended up having in Real. But he still has time to get closer to his signature goal per game this season.

Crazy how 34 meant old/washed for so many players. Just to name a few recent world class players at that age:

Henry at 34 was in the Red Bulls

Ronaldinho in Mexico

Rooney been washed, 33 now

Zidane won the Golden Ball in the World Cup, but was definitely looked at as old and subsequently retired

Iniesta in Japan

Xavi was still at Barca, moved to Saudi Arabia at 35

Old man Pirlo was still at Juve, playing well from what I recall

Drogba moved to China

Zlatan played his last season in PSG. Was still a beast with 50 goals. Moved to Man U the season after

Eto’o was washed
————

I think what sets Ronaldo apart from even the few who weren’t washed, like Zlatan and Pirlo, is that dude still seems young. He’s still athletic and mobile. He looked insanely spry last summer in the World Cup.

Statistically he’s having a bit of a slowdown compared to his godly strike rate he ended up having in Real. But he still has time to get closer to his signature goal per game this season.

He can’t maintain the goal per game average in Italy, no one can, I don’t think anybody ever has. I’ve seen a lot of Serie A this season and I can definitively say it’s absolutely a park the bus League, especially against Juve. It doesn’t do Ronaldo any favors too that Juve aren’t the attack minded RM were either. But I think Ronnie will score more goals next season than he will end up with this season with Juve. As odd as that sounds because cause he’ll be even older, but he’ll also be more acclimated to Serie A... (his first year at RM he averaged less than a goal a game, took him time)

But It all comes back to Ronaldo is a freak of nature, I’ll forever say he’s the LeBron James of footy, physically. Ran the fastest time at the WC during the summer, it’s obscene. Everybody (including myself) were thinking Ronnie’s gonna be the number 9 now, but he’s actually played his best games at Juve being the Winger/Flank Forward he’s always been. Him and Mandzucik have a great chemistry, it’s like he’s becoming Ronnie’s Benzema of years past (which surprises me cause I expected more out Dybala).

Ronnie said year and half ago on El Chiringuito he will play at RM until he’s 41. The Real Madrid part didn’t happen due to him and Flo, but can Ronaldo be the first player ever to stay elite until his 40’s? Idk, I doubt it, that’s probably pushing it, but if anyone can do it, it’s him. He has that Jordan mentality, so nothing surprises me with Ronnie anymore.

Oh lemme add the other day I’m playing FIFA at my cousins house and he smoked me with PSG, I used Barça and Juve, couldn’t win. Whose doing the FIFA ratings now? Cause I saw Neymar was faster than Ronaldo (Messi too).....

There wasn’t a day on God’s green earth that Neymar has ever been faster than Ronaldo. NEVER. They slacked on Ronnie’s speed rating and he’s the cover boy!! After being the fastest dude at the WC. WTH? But yea Neymar was too fast on the wings for me, I couldn’t understand, had to check the stats. :lol:

Start the overhaul now Chelsea.
Chelsea are interested in Sevilla midfielder Pablo Sarabia. The 26-year-old has been in sparkling form this season, with seven goals and seven assists in La Liga. He has attracted the Blues, who view him as a potential long-term replacement for Pedro - who will turn 32 in the summer. (Estadio Deportivo)[\quote]

Oh lemme add the other day I’m playing FIFA at my cousins house and he smoked me with PSG, I used Barça and Juve, couldn’t win. Whose doing the FIFA ratings now? Cause I saw Neymar was faster than Ronaldo (Messi too).....

There wasn’t a day on God’s green earth that Neymar has ever been faster than Ronaldo. NEVER. They slacked on Ronnie’s speed rating and he’s the cover boy!! After being the fastest dude at the WC. WTH? But yea Neymar was too fast on the wings for me, I couldn’t understand, had to check the stats. :lol:
:lol:
fifa ratings are all jacked
don't look any further in to it...its infuriating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom