⚽️THE FOOTY THREAD: Leicester v City, Lyon v Brest, Troyes v PSG, Sandhausen v Leipzig, Wiesbaden v BVB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of the CL, they should allow clubs who’ve won more 2 or more to wear the trophy badge. Not 5, 5 is too much.

How about you get those numbers up? Those are rookie numbers.

We’re trying......

It’s extremely difficult being consistent when you’re a selling club :lol:

However 2 titles isn’t that bad for Porto, I think it’s accomplishment!!!! Juve only have 2!! United and Inter only have 3!! Chelsea 1!!

Arsenal, City, Spurs, PSG - 0 :lol:

I’m proud of my club. :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Last edited:
United should Deff have more than 3... curse you messi!!!

Those Barça teams were ridiculous, United never had a shot.

As blasphemous as this may sound (because I too think SAF is arguably the GOAT) - he sort of underachieved in the CL during his time at United, no?

Exclude those Barça teams - but weren’t United amazing for a long time? 90’s etc. Shouldn’t United have made more CL Finals?

But all SAF won was two CL trophies. Don’t take it personal, it’s a legitimate question.

EDIT - I guess Arsenal and Wenger could be mentioned too.

Last edited:
I mean he won two.. double what we won before him. Also that United team during Ronnies last season should have beaten that Barca team.

I mean he won two.. double what we won before him. Also that United team during Ronnies last season should have beaten that Barca team.

Well he was there for 30 years. But I don’t know a god damn thing about United in the 90’s. Weren’t they the ultimate powerhouse?

I would have guessed more CL finals in the 90’s for United if I didn’t already know.

I guess Arsenal/Wenger must feel much more haunted by not getting one at least.

Yea La Liga is nice, but let’s be serious here. To the rest of the world, it’s all about the Champions League.

I’d give up 10 league titles for a CL. So would City and PSG. :lol:

The CL is the greatest most prestigious tournament in all of sports.

I think even to RM it’s about the CL. But they were consistent for only 1.5 seasons. Basically from when Zidane took over halfway into the season until the end of the double season.

Consistency is bringing it every week and RM showed up only for the CL in season 3. What won them it was a stacked roster of match-winners including the history of the competition’s best player, a flexible style, experience, and “Zizou magic.” They couldn’t bring it every match but they turned it up the handful of matches they needed to in order to get #3.

That said I’m ok with disagreeing on our definition of consistent.

Yea La Liga is nice, but let’s be serious here. To the rest of the world, it’s all about the Champions League.

I’d give up 10 league titles for a CL. So would City and PSG. :lol:

The CL is the greatest most prestigious tournament in all of sports.
even zizzou said winning the league was more difficult cause you had to bring it day in and day out. what real did in the cl is amazing but the league over 38 games shows who was the more consistent squad.
are we really going to say porto was the best squad in the world cause they won the champions league that one year? no we are not. we don't even remember that squad.

even zizzou said winning the league was more difficult cause you had to bring it day in and day out. what real did in the cl is amazing but the league over 38 games shows who was the more consistent squad.
are we really going to say porto was the best squad in the world cause they won the champions league that one year? no we are not. we don't even remember that squad.

I fully agree with Zidane that it shows consistency better but I guess difficulty is how you define it. Imo difficulty and likelihood go somewhat hand-in-hand. RM and Barca enter most la liga seasons with an almost 50% chance of winning.

I’d buy that it’s more difficult in terms of the total amount of effort that goes into it though, especially when you have a legit rival.

I get the feeling that most that have not threepeated will say the CL is more difficult to win though :lol:

Well he was there for 30 years. But I don’t know a god damn thing about United in the 90’s. Weren’t they the ultimate powerhouse?

I would have guessed more CL finals in the 90’s for United if I didn’t already know.

I guess Arsenal/Wenger must feel much more haunted by not getting one at least.

I think about this a lot. **** is painful. I can't imagine how Wenger feels. We def should have gotten one, the final against Barca comes to mind :smh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom