⚽️THE FOOTY THREAD: Leicester v City, Lyon v Brest, Troyes v PSG, Sandhausen v Leipzig, Wiesbaden v BVB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not the series result but enough to go through after last week's goal explosion :lol:

Bring on Villareal

No English final :smh:

So Gooners in here, does Arteta get more time or nah?

Feels like the squad has kinda gone backwards under him...

Tough to figure exactly what he's building there

So Gooners in here, does Arteta get more time or nah?

Feels like the squad has kinda gone backwards under him...

Tough to figure exactly what he's building there
He has to go. What positives has he really brought to the club?
Worse of in the prem, not in europe, all the dressing room drama. I might be wrong but he's done worse than Emery and he got sacked so the only reason I see him staying is how much it would cost to sack him.

He has to go. What positives has he really brought to the club?
Worse of in the prem, not in europe, all the dressing room drama. I might be wrong but he's done worse than Emery and he got sacked so the only reason I see him staying is how much it would cost to sack him.
Damn is his contract really that much?

Agree with everything, feels like he hasn't done anything that Emery didn't outside of not getting to the EL final :lol:

Damn is his contract really that much?

Agree with everything, feels like he hasn't done anything that Emery didn't outside of not getting to the EL final :lol:
Not sure how much it would cost to get rid of him. It's also how much it will cost to get an actual good manager right.
We know these owners.....

edit: i guess he contract is 10 mill over 4 years. I have no clue how the finances work with sacking a manger. If he does get sacked does that mean they pay him the rest of that 10 mill or could a settlement be reached to pay out less then that?

Last edited:
|l im an arteta apologist so for me, i think he deserves a run next season up to the Christmas period and give him the chance to fight for top 4 with more financial backing into the squad. Every club has been dealing with it this season but i feel like we have had some really unlucky injuries at the worst times this season and arteta never really had a healthy squad consistently to work with. I think he has instilled an attacking style unlike emery and i feel all the young guns have improved under arteta on top of all the other players praising the work he does with them. If we can finally properly back a manager with more than just one window, i think arteta can have us playing at a top 4 level again.

With that being said, he has also made some puzzling calls towards the end of season, like the first leg (villarreal) when he put out a false 9 formation where the only other time we saw that was against city in the league where we lost. Keeping martinelli on the bench for important games when he has been healthy, the benching of auba for being late in the london derby. I completely understand my brethren wanting him out after this, its a major failure to go out against emery, and to be so poor in the league, so if he gets canned, its because arteta didnt create much leverage for himself.

im a terrible analyst btw and i always watch and try to analyze games with my eyes, with my heart always in the way so i cape for any small positive. This one is going to hurt for a while; what a painful exclamation point to our season, and well, GG to emery and GG to my fellow gooners in here for having to endure such a painful season. We are trash, but ill be right back for some more pain next year COYG

|l im an arteta apologist so for me, i think he deserves a run next season up to the Christmas period and give him the chance to fight for top 4 with more financial backing into the squad. Every club has been dealing with it this season but i feel like we have had some really unlucky injuries at the worst times this season and arteta never really had a healthy squad consistently to work with. I think he has instilled an attacking style unlike emery and i feel all the young guns have improved under arteta on top of all the other players praising the work he does with them. If we can finally properly back a manager with more than just one window, i think arteta can have us playing at a top 4 level again.

With that being said, he has also made some puzzling calls towards the end of season, like the first leg (villarreal) when he put out a false 9 formation where the only other time we saw that was against city in the league where we lost. Keeping martinelli on the bench for important games when he has been healthy, the benching of auba for being late in the london derby. I completely understand my brethren wanting him out after this, its a major failure to go out against emery, and to be so poor in the league, so if he gets canned, its because arteta didnt create much leverage for himself.

im a terrible analyst btw and i always watch and try to analyze games with my eyes, with my heart always in the way so i cape for any small positive. This one is going to hurt for a while; what a painful exclamation point to our season, and well, GG to emery and GG to my fellow gooners in here for having to endure such a painful season. We are trash, but ill be right back for some more pain next year COYG
Not a fault for wanting to give a manager with 1.5 yrs some more time. But do you think we'll really be backing him in the summer to sign anyone of consequence? And I only disagree about the attacking play style. We managed 4(?) shots on target across 180 minutes. One per half. Not nearly good enough. If it's a matter of the players, you touched on it with his insistence to sit Gabi, not play Aubama (maybe due to his fight against malaria recently, who knows), his mind bottling tactics against defensive teams... I dont know. Idk the answers either, but in my view, he's out of time. No reason to keep him for another year if he's not shown any semblance of a system or playstyle befitting the players we have. Those guys arent changing much. So we need a manager that can make use of their abilities.

I’m still astonished that Arsenal took Willian off our hands. Y’all the real MVP.
This is the most unforgivable move from Edu and Arteta this year. 3 year ****ing contract for another Chelsea player well past their prime.

20210506_182349.jpg

:rofl:

I've become a hater ever since he's had Partey looking like a bum a year after he was bossing it against the best in the CL knockout stages :smh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom