⚽️The Footy Thread: Lock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Other than the handball error spain has played a decent game.

But I can't help to think that they will struggle massively against the stronger nations

I could see them potentially losing to all 3 of those nations.

Especially Colombia with James

Yea, now looking at the bracket.. England or Colombia got a cakewalk to the semis after that game

I can't see Croatia losing, that opening game.. so Spain at least gotta fight it out, like the teams on the other side of the bracket

Since has russia even been a threat in the football world? All of a sudden they’re a good team this WC?
They are the worst ranked team here and they happen to be the host. First time ever.

(Might as well include all of Eastern Europe for this next bit)
Because of isolationism behind the iron curtain their footy has always been lagging behind. Sure they’ve produced great and a few amazing players but the money hasn’t always been there. Farthest club wise they’ve gotten was Red Star Belgrade winning the UCL(or previously named something else I forgot) in the 90s and they’re from Serbia.

Kinda like America. Rather stick to things they’re good at. Like political bantz or manifesting wars in weaker countries for their benefit and sports they care about like Hockey or the Olympics in general.

But the will and spirit of your home country on your back does change a lot.

As a casual fan, I’m missing the Spain hype. Every game I’ve seen has been lackluster. Maybe it’s going over my head :lol:

Any reason why one of the best CAM's/CM's in the world just sits and rides the bench for Spain?
well they have silva in iniesta's role and asensio in silva's old role.
so the logic would be that asensio gives this team more of an attacking edge and silva is better in that attacking mid role than iniesta.
i disagree with the latter

Idk what kinda dope Papi Putin got for these Russian guys but this is going to penalties.

As a casual fan, I’m missing the Spain hype. Every game I’ve seen has been lackluster. Maybe it’s going over my head :lol:

Stars from their golden generation that had that '08-'10 run that won the World Cup and was the heart of Barca, aging or have already aged out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom