⚽️The Footy Thread: Lock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

So this supposedly going on, unless we give them Modric or he goes AWOL this ain't happening, I thought his release clause expired

Courtois and Icardi on the same squad? Hide your WAGs,hide your kids...

In all seriousness,highly doubt Inter sell. It would set them back after showing so much ambition this summer

EPL Summer Recap ("Big 6" only. Sorry Coupé It Coupé It , you can post your own Wolves Summer Recap if you like):
-Liverpool had a great summer. Shame we botched the Fekir transfer, but overall we addressed our most pressing needs.
-Chelsea also had a great summer IMO. Sarri is an intelligent manager that will have them playing an attractive brand of football. Kovacic and Jorginho add much needed depth to their midfield. Batshuayi coming back from loan should bolster their attack. Lastly, you never want to lose a WC keeper like Tebow Court-Twas, but 23 y/o Kepa should be able to hold down that starting GK spot for years to come.
-I'm intrigued by what Arsenal is building under Emery. In retrospect, it seems as though he wasn't given the autonomy he needed to thrive in Paris. They should become a legitimate contender within 2-3 years.
-Manchester City's sole purchase this summer was Riyad Mahrez, a player they don't really need. That being said, they are still the favorites to win the league again.
-Manchester United had an enormously disappointing summer. Fred was a nice signing, but they weren't able to land any of their other targets. Various reports have circulated indicating that their targets simply don't want to play under Mourinho. All of this on the eve of a make-or-break season for Mou. I'm obviously biased, but things are not looking promising for United right now.
-Tottenham did absolutely nothing.

Arsenal got what they needed this summer. None of the signings were sexy as some would like but they were needed to give the squad a spine. And with Wenger gone and Emery coming in, there is a new energy in the air about the club.

But in Arsenal fashion there is always a negative. Kroenke getting complete control of the club spells caution. He doesn't heavily invest in his teams and all of them are garbage apart from Arsenal. Unless Josh is put in charge and is given autonomy to do as he pleases, I fear Emery will be stifled in trying to rebuild the squad. But It's the start of a new season and I'm looking forward to see how we look with a fresh philosophy and manager.

Fulham,Wolves and 'Pool arguably had the best windows man

Never seen freshly promoted clubs go so hard in the market
You forgot Westham as well. Bacca would have been a great addition for them if they were able to land him.

I think they'll surprise some people,they look a lot more balanced on paper than they have in years

EPL Summer Recap ("Big 6" only. Sorry Coupé It Coupé It , you can post your own Wolves Summer Recap if you like):
-Liverpool had a great summer. Shame we botched the Fekir transfer, but overall we addressed our most pressing needs.
-Chelsea also had a great summer IMO. Sarri is an intelligent manager that will have them playing an attractive brand of football. Kovacic and Jorginho add much needed depth to their midfield. Batshuayi coming back from loan should bolster their attack. Lastly, you never want to lose a WC keeper like Tebow Court-Twas, but 23 y/o Kepa should be able to hold down that starting GK spot for years to come.
-I'm intrigued by what Arsenal is building under Emery. In retrospect, it seems as though he wasn't given the autonomy he needed to thrive in Paris. They should become a legitimate contender within 2-3 years.
-Manchester City's sole purchase this summer was Riyad Mahrez, a player they don't really need. That being said, they are still the favorites to win the league again.
-Manchester United had an enormously disappointing summer. Fred was a nice signing, but they weren't able to land any of their other targets. Various reports have circulated indicating that their targets simply don't want to play under Mourinho. All of this on the eve of a make-or-break season for Mou. I'm obviously biased, but things are not looking promising for United right now.
I agree, however, maybe we are scratching the Fekir transfer and looking towards dropping the bag on Pulistic. Overall I'm happy with the buisness Liverpool has done in this window. I give them an A+. I understand that Tottenham may not have made any moves, but they are still stacked. Not sure what else they need quite honestly. I think Poch needs to work on his lineups and the rotating of players. I think that's one of his weak points as the manager. The only thing that they should've done was purchase a CB being that Alderweild is more fragile than glass. City is also stacked. Didn't they also purchase Laporte in January? I don't think they need anything either.

Maybe Daniel Levy forgot they changed the deadline day
Banter hahaha

know they aren't gonna drop the bag on one and the chances of them finding a really good one on the market for the low low are slim. I also think Wanyama is good enough.

I really like Wanyama going all the way Celtic days but Poch doesn't seem to believe in him & he hasn't played consistently well while at Spurs. I actually got my son a Nike Celtic shirt with his name on it years ago because I love green kits... Patches & all..

Arsenal got what they needed this summer. None of the signings were sexy as some would like but they were needed to give the squad a spine. And with Wenger gone and Emery coming in, there is a new energy in the air about the club.

But in Arsenal fashion there is always a negative. Kroenke getting complete control of the club spells caution. He doesn't heavily invest in his teams and all of them are garbage apart from Arsenal. Unless Josh is put in charge and is given autonomy to do as he pleases, I fear Emery will be stifled in trying to rebuild the squad. But It's the start of a new season and I'm looking forward to see how we look with a fresh philosophy and manager.

Doesn’t dude own the Rams?

kdbe539pt3f11.jpg

They signed 2 other players but ok :lol:

Interested in seeing how the squad looks with everyone back and rested. Hoping to see the Gunner Alexis that was a top 3 player in the league,he had a summer off for the first time in ages. Wondering where he'll be playing. Fred and Andreas in MF over Fro and McTominay will be godsends

The whole 'the board hasn't backed Mou enough' stuff is such a cop out to me and let's him off the hook when the man has yet to get the most out of the signings he's already made >D

His judgement should def be in question before dropping more big money on short term signings

No that’s fine, do your thing....

But If Wolves are top 6 by the end of January, at the end of the winter window, I’m expecting a transfer recap with Wolves included. That’s one of Wolves new main objectives, get a recap from Trey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom