⚽️The Footy Thread: Lock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Rof16 was about the bare minimum even before Neymar though :lol:. The semi's should be the benchmark imo with the finals being the ceiling

so PSG spends all this money and your expectation is to get out of the round of 16?
that's still a small club mentality...like arsenal.

i would imagine with neymar it's trophies or bust now.
not winning the double at least is a domestic failure for PSG.

I’m not saying it’s not possible, I’m saying it’s not a bust if they don’t win the CL his first year at the club.

If you mean in general, yeah most definitely. I’m hoping/expecting a CL final in the next coming years. It would be best to take advantage while Thiago and Alves are still in top form

I think it's rare for a team to say win the CL final or bust is the benchmark for success, in part because footy is a low-scoring and sometimes unpredictable game, and the knockout format isn't a best of 7 like the NBA.

Realistically PSG has to have a strong showing in the semis, and if they get knocked out by Barca, RM, or Bayern then they can still look at this a step in the right direction. Anything below this is failure though. ie a QF knockout, a SF knockout to another side, or getting crushed by those 3 teams.

alves got the fountain of youth
how many more years he got?

i give him 2. this is going to be a very taxing season with the world cup coming

kobe hooked him up with that 2013 germany treatment

article-2346802-1A76FA55000005DC-336_634x352.jpg

That get past the round of 16 **** was appalling :lol:
Blew a 4-0 lead b

Got a bright future, but I still think there’s some issues in the back that need to be addressed before I’m calling for the CL trophy

Attack is A1 tho. I don’t think there’s anyone ****ing with us up front now

Yo Trey Bantz Trey Bantz I'll use your words about Coutinho... "We ain't concerned". Also I see the sauce got to you with the 4am posts that are barely coherent lol. I respect your passion but damb you got caught in some feels last night.

Barely coherent? My 4 AM drunk posts still make more sense than the nonsense you post regularly. I believe the other day you said that your "new" midfield is better than Chelsea's. Pure nonsense. Stick to the MLS analysis kid.

These ****** out here ****ing around

Can’t let Monaco open a goals scored gap again.

Gotta take advantage of the mismatch

Barely coherent? My 4 AM drunk posts still make more sense than the nonsense you post regularly. I believe the other day you said that your "new" midfield is better than Chelsea's. Pure nonsense. Stick to the MLS analysis kid.

Is Matic not a new signing? And is Matic/Ander/Pogba not better than Kante/Bakayoko/Cesc? Both of those statements are true so I'm not exactly sure what's nonsense...

Y'all literally just make some of the most far-teaching posts and try to pass it as facts then get so salty when you're called on it.

Kante > Matic, Ander, Pogba

Come on, be realistic.

:rofl:

Klopp's proven to make great transfers, I believe in the beautiful German bossman.

I put "new" in quotation marks because he's a veteran that has played for Mou before so you know what you're getting from Matic, an above-average mid. Also, that statement is an opinion, you seem to have a difficult time discerning between your opinions and facts.

What's ironic is that right now, you're doing the exact thing you're accusing me and Tom of.

Anyway, this is the last day of my vacation in NYC before I start work on Monday. I'm not going to spend it on NT debating with you. Good day sir.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom