Status
Not open for further replies.
BBF1CCFC-4A85-4992-A505-61E72FB69521.jpeg

Soon

everyone is so hot and cold about mitchy
it makes you wonder

if lampard is willing to play RLC as a striker, something's gotta be up

Chelsea should let him go then

If Asensio didnt tear his acl I would have like to have seen Brahim or Rodrygo go on loan too

Michy is a more traditional 9 and he doesn't really fit the high pressing system that Lampard wants to play

But Giroud really doesn't press either, and Tammy can do that role in Lampard's system but he stinks at finishing in the top level. Michy should get a chance to prove himself again.

why can't traditional 9's fit a high pressing system?
It's just the current trend of how footballing tactics are now with more reliance on interchanging forwards and wingers that are able to attack and press. Pool and Citeh don't have "traditional" 9s, guys like Firmino and Jesus are able to track back and also help in attack. Funny how Pep is able to employ Aguero though as he is a "tradtional 9", but he's quick to sub him out when the game gets tight and he needs more defensive solidarity. Lampard is trying to copy that type of system, but I think the personnel he got for it is not up to par of the other big 6.

Batmane at Dortmund tho, dude was pushing the press and was poaching like a mad man
See that's the weird thing, he's able to look the part at Dortmund, but next thing he stinks it up for Valencia and then plays decent for Crystal Palace.
His inconsistency is def maddening at times. I still think he should get a chance though. I think he's better than Tammy at least even though he doesn't fit Lampard's "ideal"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom