⚽️THE FOOTY THREAD:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder if they’ll explore bringing Ernie back. I know Barca fans didn’t like him but I was thrilled when they fired him. I knew they didn’t have a roster to win the CL and by doing that they lowered their chances of winning the competition they could actually win.

You did good Koeman, go enjoy your payday. We salute you,

sincerely,
Madridistas

Koeman and Bart been 2 of RM’s recent MVPs

apparently La Liga has a law that a fired manager (mid season) cannot be replaced by another manager from La Liga. Like Betis manager immediately going to Valencia at the vacant position. seems fair but must be an outside source (the replacement).

What a beautiful goal from Mr. October! He’s been on fire this year too
Im really so happy for Asprilla this year. Had a hard year losing his father and to react with so much more maturity on the field to where he's putting all the pieces together and has been super consistent... just beautiful. 10 goals, incredible discipline on and off the ball all year, with another GOTY contender, the kid's winning the Supporters POTY for sure.

i object to the xavi decision only because I don’t want him taking over this mess. I wanted him to get more experience then take over when the kids get to a prime age to compete.
but maybe (hopefully) he can be the person to turn the ship around. Still, this is a tough situation to take over.
xavi has to have the balls to sit the veteran players especially pique.

his al sadd squad really plays some beautiful football. It’s been well documented by culers for years now. It’s obviously an inferior competition but it’s amazing what he’s done with that level of talent. The thought is that he would be an even more effective manager with Barca’s talent. Honestly, I’m worried for him but he’s one of the greatest minds and midfielders this club has ever seen.

i object to the xavi decision only because I don’t want him taking over this mess. I wanted him to get more experience then take over when the kids get to a prime age to compete.
but maybe (hopefully) he can be the person to turn the ship around. Still, this is a tough situation to take over.
xavi has to have the balls to sit the veteran players especially pique.

his al sadd squad really plays some beautiful football. It’s been well documented by culers for years now. It’s obviously an inferior competition but it’s amazing what he’s done with that level of talent. The thought is that he would be an even more effective manager with Barca’s talent. Honestly, I’m worried for him but he’s one of the greatest minds and midfielders this club has ever seen.

Since it’s Xavi, the club and supporters will presumably be patient enough to let him implement his system. You’ll have to stomach a few lackluster years before seeing dividends

Since it’s Xavi, the club and supporters will presumably be patient enough to let him implement his system. You’ll have to stomach a few lackluster years before seeing dividends
Yeah it only makes sense to give him time. If he can make top 3 and out of the group stage in the champions league it would be considered a success.
The problem with koeman is not only the results but Barca wasn’t playing well. The same players that play for spain looked much better under Enrique and look terrible with koeman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom