⚽️THE FOOTY THREAD:

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have some stomach for FIFA / UEFA expelling "Team Russia" from national competitions; not sure I can support similar measures for club teams in club competitions just because Russia is the current media target flavor of the month. That sets really dangerous precedent that can (and will, assuredly,) be twisted all sorts of ways in the future.

Has Spartak Moscow declared war and marshaled forces against a neighboring population? Of course not. But the world elites need to be seen as unanimously against anything Russian because optics. The same as boomers publicly pouring out Russian-made vodka to stick it to Putin. It's all just hilarious-boarding-on-unhinged virtue signaling.

I'm just wondering next time Israel does some thing out of pocket or clubs owned by a nation, what happens then?
We already know what'll happen or more realistically won't :lol::smh:

Same way there's no more outrage or pushback against BDS movements anymore all of a sudden...

They're considered legitimate strategies only against certain countries apparently, not all occupiers

Last edited:
This will make or break Jesse's career. If he succeeds, hes a hero and will take over for Big Game Greg when we miss the World Cup again. If he fails, he returns to NYRB as an assistant where he languishes for 2 years before Salt Lake fires their 16th coach in 3 years and hires him.

Bob Bradey barely lasted 3.5 months at Swansea. I think its obvious Da Prem has a bias towards American managers. Jesse got some big *** shoes to fill.

random but here's the birth places for all the EPL referees

lshe390wlmk81.png

This will make or break Jesse's career. If he succeeds, hes a hero and will take over for Big Game Greg when we miss the World Cup again. If he fails, he returns to NYRB as an assistant where he languishes for 2 years before Salt Lake fires their 16th coach in 3 years and hires him.
he lasted like 2 months at leipzig, if that. I don't see this ending well honestly as much as I hope he succeeds.

he lasted like 2 months at leipzig, if that. I don't see this ending well honestly as much as I hope he succeeds.
Yeah he rushed too fast from Salzburg and bit off more than he could chew. I hope he survives, and I hope success in his role is simply keeping Leeds from relegation. I gotta think that Leeds can finish above Burnley, Watford and ******* Norwich.

Yeah he rushed too fast from Salzburg and bit off more than he could chew. I hope he survives, and I hope success in his role is simply keeping Leeds from relegation. I gotta think that Leeds can finish above Burnley, Watford and ****ing Norwich.

if he keeps Leeds in Da Prem, that USMNT will be waiting for him once GGG gets sacked

if he keeps Leeds in Da Prem, that USMNT will be waiting for him once GGG gets sacked
Yep, right around the time we fail to qualify for Qatar.

Actually, the more I think about it, the less inclined I am to think Marsh takes over for GGG. Managing a Prem side would be better exposure and he could build his own brand of footy, and not deal with the crooked USSF. But idk, maybe he takes the leap.

Yep, right around the time we fail to qualify for Qatar.

Actually, the more I think about it, the less inclined I am to think Marsh takes over for GGG. Managing a Prem side would be better exposure and he could build his own brand of footy, and not deal with the crooked USSF. But idk, maybe he takes the leap.

the MLS flute players already making the prediction that he's next in line :lol:

the MLS flute players already making the prediction that he's next in line :lol:
Not surprising. He's the biggest American name coaching rn. I'd still sooo prefer to see a non-American coaching the squad (except maybe Caleb Porter). Like theres a solid 2 dozen managers out there right now that the US could hire and instantly improve the play, if they'd get over their xenophobia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom