❌‼️ This Thread is now CLOSED. NEW THREAD link on last page, been a great Year ❌‼️

Would you spend €100+ on Paul Pogba??

• Yup, still very young and filled with potential...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nah, no CM could be worth that much...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Truth-Serum, really is the Nani of this thread....

Once in a while he'll make a good play (or point), but most of the time, you just shake your head in complete disarray and ask yourself "why Mother Nature, how did you mess up this bad?"

Saying ligue 1 was terrible was hyperbole by me I'll admit to that :lol:. But the underachieving and lack of quality team is certainly the truth. PSG won the league in what early-mid March? That's the norm but that should never happen.

Last edited:
i don't know if it's the lack of intraleague competition that's PSG's main issue.

I didn't watch the two PSG-City matches, but I think the main problem is that the Zlatan-Cavani pairing is never gunna work in Europe. It's always seemed awkward and like one of them is always out of their natural position. And that they should have shelled out the cash to maybe lure a top midfielder or another player that can score/create goals that isn't a striker/center forward. Having Cavani is probably great for them in Ligue 1, especially if Zlatan has to miss a match. But it doesn't do anything for them in Europe imo. But now that Zlatan is either going to move on this summer or in the near future, they basically have to stick with Cavani.

Last edited:
How many chances is this dude Uribe going to tank before netting one :x

You watching this game Trey Bantz Trey Bantz

Yup. That's that. We're eliminated. It was a combo of bad luck and poor play that did us in this year. If we had held on and secured the victory tonight we would've had a decent shot to advance with a win against Liga de Quito, but Toluca deserved the win. Congrats, you've had a stellar Copa Libertadores so far. We're doing well in the domestic league and have a shot to win it, so hopefully we'll be back in the Copa next year.

I IIke Ligue 1 *shrugs*

Same here. Aside from PSG who won the league and Troyes who will be be relegated, there's still a lot of competition between the other clubs, it's rather close. Like Coupé It Coupé It said, France produces a lot of talent but their league should be doing better. Will be interesting to see who leaves Ligue 1 this summer, the main ones talk about are Laca and Michy. Ibra we already know of, wonder how PSG will do without him.

Ronaldo :x Its crazy to watch him to me because yes it is skill...but its the Michael Jordan effect. Dude wants it more then anyone else out there. It's obvious when he coasts through some games and seems interested but that is usually not the case. Dude blows me away. Work ethic....Football IQ....movement in the box....just sheer will to score.

KDB da Gawd!! but lets be real...aguero missing that PK :smh: by a mile too (by penalty standards :lol:) Great atmosphere too at the Emptyad

Happy for city and RM i really hope they don't draw each other in the semi's but i guess on the bright side if they do one of them will be going to the final. And if City win and Aguero plays well im sure RM will buy him :lol:

Last edited:
PSG were unlucky to not advance. They missed the opportunity at home to shut us out especially not scoring more on the chances they had. Plus not having Matuidi, Luiz and a healthy Pastore was a big factor at the Etihad.

Hats off to Joe Hart tho. He's not average by any means and nowhere near world class but the performance he had on both legs only has his stock pointing up. Him stepping up for City was as crucial as KDB feasting, so glad he came back healthy.

PSG's loss yesterday had less to do with Ligue Un & had more to do with Blanc's lack of a defensive plan. He strayed from his usual 4-3-3 & played too many people out of their usual positions. He also didn't have Matuidi & David Luiz who have been stalwarts performers for him all campaign. Losing Thiago Motta to injury further exasperated the problem because PSG's midfield was an even more of a mess at that point. Another catastrophic mistake Blanc made was playing Aurier... He's looked absolutely terrible since coming back from his suspension.

Kudos to Mangala who had the game of his life... Otamendi too... De Bruyne has been such a beast in the CL for City...

Serie A is still a strong league but their youth academies are terrible now. Serie A clubs & the Italian FA have done nothing to invest in their youth academies & it's getting worse. .

SMH at Milan firing Sinisa Mihajlovic... The sheer arrogance of Silvio Berlusconi is hilarious. People complain about Wenger (rightly so), but this guy takes the cake. Everything about this once great club is failing from the footballing side to the financial side & the scary thing is Galliani & Berlusconi don't seem to be remotely aware.

Sad really because Sacchi's Milan teams were so much fun to watch. Some of the best football I've ever seen.

Tonight is a great night to watch Copa Libertadores. There's River vs Sao Paulo and Boca vs Racing.

Never watched a river plate match, but I seen pictures of the atmosphere looks like no other.

The atmosphere at River and/or Boca games are actually pretty tame compared to other clubs. They tend to have a lot of fair weather fans in the stands as well as tourists. You'll probably find better and more passionate atmospheres at Racing, Rosario Central, San Lorenzo (no homer), and Newell's Old Boys matches.

Last edited:
^You sure about that man? Anytime I see video of Boca vs River Plate in the stadium it looks absolutely INSANE.

Last edited:
Look up videos of Rosario Central vs. Newell's Old Boys or Racing Club vs. Independiente. Lesser known rivalries, but probably more intense.

At the end of the day, this was a no brainer...

You can't have a dude on team who planned to blackmail his fellow teammate, I mean, come on now. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom