❌‼️ This Thread is now CLOSED. NEW THREAD link on last page, been a great Year ❌‼️

Would you spend €100+ on Paul Pogba??

• Yup, still very young and filled with potential...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nah, no CM could be worth that much...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm Asian and I didn't find what he said offensive lmao. They're clearly team mates. My friends say racist **** to me but not take out of context. It's 2016, so he should've known better.
what you and your friends do is fine and dandy for you guys.

but you guys arent  an athlete who represents porto FC, spain national team and his various personal endorsers. 

lots of money can be lost with insensitive remarks like that

in todays extrememly pc world, social media blunders like that will have the sharks smelling blood and ready to kill your name in order to make one for themselves

word to coach edwards, "dont hit send"

Last edited:
Minus the diving shade :rofl:

I truly believe i've watched the two best ever to do it. Obviously i'm not old enough to have seen Pele, Maradona etc. but I still fell that way. 

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: PSK letting off shots.

The diving stat was hilarious...

Most of you guys know how I feel about Ronnie though. I love watching him play & he's definitely one of the GOATs. I feel very lucky to have seen MJ from the beginning to his miserable end with the Wizards & I feel the same about Ronnie & Messi.

The best footy I've ever witnessed are Cruyff's dream team, the Milan teams, & Pep's Barca squads.

Seems to be a pattern with Spanish NT's/some players. Might be grasping at straws here but maybe it has something to do with how insular Spanish culture seems to be. I'm not too sure if they're exactly xenophobic but I remember reading a piece last week about how a lot of Spaniards are building up tourists as a scapegoat for their frustrations about their economy by likening them to terrorists even though less tourists won't exactly help out with that :lol:.

Last edited:
Think about the infusion of immigrants other NTs (other than Italy besides Balotelli) has on their NTs. Spain's teams, aside from Marcos Senna a long time ago, have had no immigrant types to enlighten their thinking. Diego Costa was a major flop too and to be honest was never going to help change anyone's racist views. And in general that lack of immigrant population assimilating into their culture probably reflects on the general population as well. Remember that pic their basketball team took in the Beijing Olympics?

Honestly it has nothing to do with soccer. It's all cultural, there's an overarching lack of respect for people of Asian heritage in Spain.

Partly evident by their refusal to acknowledge that there are many vastly different Asian cultures and nations and that "Chinese" isn't acceptable terminology to be used when referring to anyone of that particular ethnic group, not specifically from China.

From my experience African, Asian, and first generation Central/South American get little respect in Spain.

Nationality reigns supreme in Europe, sadly an immigrant from Korea won't be afforded the same respect as an Asian American from California.

Last edited:
but you guys arent  an athlete who represents porto FC, spain national team and his various personal endorsers. 
in todays extrememly pc world, social media blunders like that will have the sharks smelling blood and ready to kill your name in order to make one for themselves

Damn, didn't even think about that. Yeah, he might lose sponsors here and there but I don't think there was any harm done. Only ones upset are his sponsors and those who are insensitive to words.

Damn, didn't even think about that. Yeah, he might lose sponsors here and there but I don't think there was any harm done. Only ones upset are his sponsors and those who are insensitive to words.

No harm done huh? Pretty easy to say that and classify others as insensitive from a position of privilege.

Nationality reigns supreme in Europe, sadly an immigrant from Korea won't be afforded the same respect as an Asian American from California.
tbh this is something I take for granted everyday here in California, especially at work getting to work with so many Asian Americans on the daily basis

AS is reporting Monchi is going to end up at United.

Woody is set to pay the €5m buyout to free Monchi.

http://futbol.as.com/futbol/2016/05...984150.html?id_externo_rsoc=CM_ES_TW_Tu_20_10

Oh my...not gona get giddy just yet until its official but man its been about a week after Mou got signed and the cub is already looking to be a lot more organized and structured this coming season :pimp:

Mou x Monchi could become quite the combo if it happens :nerd:

Looks like they're really trying to get all the transfer dealings out of Woods hands finally :lol:

Last edited:
So apparently Sevilla wants to play hardball,they released a statement saying that they've refused to end his contract and that he has to stay for the remainder of it...some way to repay the man largely responsible for building them up into the pretty successful club they've become :lol: :rolleyes

Other sources are saying that his contract is like a players contract in that it has a buyout clause that clubs can activate which is looking to be the most likely option if he wants out. Its 5m to be exact

Last edited:
Sevilla wants to keep him until the end of his contract in 2020 and apparently being the professional that he is,Monchi's accepted that

Vasquez wow
I think it was slim pickings for Spain in terms of forwards going into this.  Before the final 4 were named to the squad, they only had Arduriz, Nolito and Morata.  3 forwards would be risky if one were to get hurt so not too surprised to see Vasquez go.  VDB seems to have moved on... no more Torres.

Thought Rodrigo or Paco Alcacer might get some love but I guess they don't play for the big 3 :lol:

Last edited:
Damn Lassana Diarra got hurt in training and is out of the Euro's.

Schneiderlin is getting his spot but it's bittersweet since dude came so far and earned his spot after a great season with Marseille only to miss out of the Euros :smh:

Last edited:
Last edited:
Cristiano back at it with the excuses to mask the fact he can't perform in big games. 2014 he said he was injured for the CL final and world cup. 2016 he's claiming he's hurt again for the CL final and now the euros :lol:

He should do portugal a favor and not play in the euros. They will actually play better without him

mean.gif
 @ Iker.  Just insensitive and stupid.  Seems really ingrained in their culture, which means it'll take time for them to change...

Anyway... 

Cj1CAYkUgAAZRfM.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom