⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean human beings are social animals, predisposed to tribalism.

if you are waiting for a time where human beings are not going to like the feeling of being in a tribe .
you're prob gunna wait for a really long time.

so I don't think it's a bad thing

if people think it feels great to be part of the "all men are created equal" tribe
a lot better than the the "permanently white supremacist" tribe

Fine. But why the rigidity to the “place I was born” tribe? How about the “I love basketball” tribe?

C7A1BDF4-4F46-46E1-927B-ECB53FF911F4.png

#NotMyGOAT

Marv heard us.

It is about damn time

While some might remember him as a long time play-by-play guy, this is what I'll choose to remember about good ole Marv...

Albert became embroiled in a sexual assault scandal in 1997. A 42-year-old woman named Vanessa Perhach[21] accused Albert of throwing her onto a bed, biting her, then forcing her to perform oral sex after a February 12, 1997 argument in his Pentagon City hotel room. DNA testing linked Albert to genetic material taken from the bite marks and from semen in Perhach's underwear.[22] During the trial, testimony was presented from another woman, Patricia Masden, who told the jury Albert had bitten her on two different occasions in 1993 and 1994 in Miami and Dallas hotels respectively, which she viewed as unwanted sexual advances.[23] Masden claimed that in Dallas, Albert called her to his hotel room to help him send a fax, only for her to find him wearing "white panties and garter belt".[24] Albert maintained that Perhach had requested that he bite her and denied her accusation he had asked her to bring another man into their sexual affair. He described the recorded conversation of hers with the police on the night of the incident as "an Academy Award performance".[21] After tests proved that the bite marks were his, he pleaded guilty to misdemeanor assault and battery charges, while the sodomy charge was dropped.[25][26] Albert was given a 12-month suspended sentence.[27][28]

Consequently, NBC – for which Albert worked for over 20 years – fired him shortly before the 1997–98 NBA season began on The NBA on NBC. Bob Costas took over for Albert on the basketball side in the 1997–98 season before stepping down after the 2000 NBA Finals for Albert's return. NBC brought Albert back less than two years later, and he was the network's main play-by-play man for the 2000–01 and 2001–02 NBA seasons, including the Finals (working with Doug Collins and later Bill Walton and Steve Jones). NBC lost the rights to the NBA to ABC following the 2001–02 season.

Steve getting the job was silly anyway but yea not a good soundbite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom