⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
Luka showed a lot in the playoffs last year, I've become a fan of his. He's great but the way ya'll be talking is like he's a lock to start winning rings. He ain't better than Bron was in his 1st Cleveland run and Bron couldn't make the finals. Luka is in a stacked conference playing for a franchise that has only put together one championship then proceeded to fall off quick and just got relevant again with drafting him. Let's slow it down.
Wait who’s saying he’s a lock to start winning rings soon? :lol:

I think we all realize how difficult it is no matter how good you are. Look at Harden and Giannis. Dame. Someone like AD wouldn’t have sniffed a ring without Bron, and he’s awesome.

Championship success has revolved around only 4 different superstars since like 2012.

Last edited:
The only real true gripe I got post championship is not Re-signing Tyson Chandler immediately.

Everything else is basically them trying to get a younger star to come play with Dirk’s dying legs in an era where everyone could just go team with Bron or KD or Chris Paul in their prime.

They could’ve had Deron. I know that first hand. Cuban missed that meeting for Shark Tank or some wild **** and it went another way.

The guys they’ve missed on, they dodged bullets. They haven’t made a ton of mistakes - Chandler Parsons the obvious exception - but they also haven’t taken a ton of risks.

The biggest mistakes post-title were how long they tried to stay competitive and were juuuust good enough to not get better players in the draft.
Harrison Barnes comes to mind. To your point it seems like they have dodged a lot of bullets with other guys they tried to pay big money to but failed.

Beach Em and awwsome getting exposed B2B. NT NBA Ghost Weekend 👻

My main man Awwsome didn't die for this. :smh:

The most comical part is him acting like he’s some Einstein-level genius and is lightyears ahead of the rest of the world in talent evaluation.

I have my own models and they all point to Denzel being twice the player, we'll see though.

My models + a simple look at his game all say he is a great prospect though, so I disagree.

I hate dudes like you who mindlessly attack what they don't understand.

It really isn't that hard to build and use a model and make a move based on the #'s.

Don't be mad at the future, learn it.

Either it actually is that hard to build and use a talent evaluation model or he’s just really, really bad at it :lol:

Wait who’s saying he’s a lock to start winning rings soon? :lol:

I think we all realize how difficult it is no matter how good you are. Look at Harden and Giannis. Dame. Someone like AD wouldn’t have sniffed a ring without Bron, and he’s awesome.

Championship success has revolved around only 4 different superstars since like 2012.

Yeah. There are times on here when “y’all” actually is nobody. This is one of them.

Harrison Barnes comes to mind. To your point it seems like they have dodged a lot of bullets with other guys they tried to pay big money to but failed.

Harrison Barnes on nearly the same contract he had in Dallas was worth 2 1sts at the trade deadline. Despite being 4 years older.

It was actually a mistake to trade him for cap space that was never used in hindsight.

Now Wes Matthews on the other hand...........

Beach Em and awwsome getting exposed B2B. NT NBA Ghost Weekend 👻
The most comical part is him acting like he’s some Einstein-level genius and is lightyears ahead of the rest of the world in talent evaluation.

Either it actually is that hard to build and use a talent evaluation model or he’s just really, really bad at it :lol:

I liked awwsome to be fair, I just did not understand the Denzel infatuation at all. :lol:

Hopefully he's doing alright.

Happy to have been wrong on Anthony Edwards this far.

Did not believe he’d be anywhere near this productive/efficient this early.

He’s been great. And he’s a damned likable kid. A+ soundbites and highlights to date.

Gonna be interesting for the Nuggets financially going forward. Jokic and Murray already got paid and now they've got Gordon and MPJ is looking like a near max type player. Are they gonna pay everybody?

We need the ghost of R ryanjumpman420 to reappear make the cipher complete. That season (2014-2015g was wild. He was cluttering the thread so much JD617 JD617 had to intervene by making a Hawks season thread a few weeks before ASB which somehow went 40+ pages by the end of the season :wow:

I just remembered that similar Beach Em, he went out once his politics/beliefs started to show. Funny how that works....
Meh I'm not worried bout embarrassing myself. I'm smart enough to know what the hell is going on out here in reality and not living in the matrix.
8AF407D5-06B2-4F6D-AEBB-2FF3FD6537E6.jpeg

I'm not a conservative or a liberal, they're both crazy, I'm somewhere in the middle like most sane people.

Gonna be interesting for the Nuggets financially going forward. Jokic and Murray already got paid and now they've got Gordon and MPJ is looking like a near max type player. Are they gonna pay everybody?

Stan is a billionaire who married another Billionaire, a damn Walton.

Their combined wealth is insane and they should have no problems spending if they want to.

Stan is a billionaire who married another Billionaire, a damn Walton.

Their combined wealth is insane and they should have no problems spending if they want to.

I dunno. I look at the way that the Kroenke family has handled Arsenal and it doesn't seem like spending money to win is part of their plan

Gonna be musical chairs between Dallas Portland & LA.

Can’t applaud Vogel enough for keeping the Lakers out of the play-in & maintaining that elite defense without AD & Bron. His game plans always give you a chance

Definitely thought the Lakers were play-in bound when Lebby got hurt with AD already out.

They've managed to tread water thanks to still being elite defensively, though the offense has understandably fell off a cliff.

Props to Vogel and his staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom